Tech Test starting at 6pm, Invites going out now! - Page 9 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: What gets NC guts off your bumper?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-14, 10:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #121
SUBARU
Master Sergeant

Re: Tech Test starting at 6pm, Invites going out now!

Originally Posted by FINALCUT View Post
So true. So many people these days are suffering from PMS (Poor me syndrome). Why does anyone think they deserve anything ? Just sit back and wait for the invite and stop with all the QQ crap. And whats with all this "I wanna play now" crap. Beta isn't to play the game,its to test the game. WTF is up with these people ? Take a chill pill. Damn.
Old 2012-07-14, 10:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #122
Ganymede
Contributor
Private

Originally Posted by Xyntech View Post
I don't think you understand how much some of us would love to get a chance to do that much

And I have no delusions about beta. I intend to test whatever they tell me to test. But I'm excited as hell to see any footage at all from Planetside 2, so just being in game in some capacity, no matter how limited or full of beta bugs, would be fantastic.

Edit: Also, yes, vets really have no right to complain. The fact that they intend to get all vets in earlier than some non vet testers will be able to get in is pretty awesome, but it's not something we should feel entitled to. Let them do what they need to do to make the damn game.
Most of the people that are uber complaining are people that have no intention of "testing" the game and just want to play it. So thank god they aren't in the tech test, they probably lied about system specs anyways so hopefully we have a reliable troop of players in doing the test. : )
Old 2012-07-14, 10:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #123
Top Sgt
Sergeant Major

It's gonna be ok fellas breathe

The world is not ending for you your gonna have plenty of time to play.

I am fine with waiting.
Old 2012-07-14, 10:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #124
Joe Soldier
Private

I did not get and invite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This ruins my day!!!
Old 2012-07-14, 10:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #125
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by eybro View Post
Please change your sig back to neverending SOON™
Never! The beta is going on now I tells ya, I don't care what they call it! Higby said he wouldn't get his hair cut until beta starts, so it started when the first strand of hair hit the barbershop floor!

I refuse to listen to reason on this matter.

Originally Posted by Ganymede View Post
Most of the people that are uber complaining are people that have no intention of "testing" the game and just want to play it. So thank god they aren't in the tech test, they probably lied about system specs anyways so hopefully we have a reliable troop of players in doing the test. : )
I'm still holding out hope that they are letting in the highest spec people (out of the small pool they have chosen) first, and letting in the lowest spec computers last. I answered honestly and my specs are pretty mediocre until I get my new build, so maybe I'll get in towards the end of the tech test
Old 2012-07-14, 10:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #126
goneglockin
Sergeant

You know what I can't believe? That a sequel to PlanetSide will see the light of day before "Huxley," the replacement for the original dying PlanetSide everyone was talking about back in 2006.
Old 2012-07-14, 10:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #127
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Oh god Huxley at least that was being made by a real game developer. Remember Lost Colony? Lol oh my.
Old 2012-07-14, 10:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #128
goneglockin
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Goku View Post
Oh god Huxley at least that was being made by a real game developer. Remember Lost Colony? Lol oh my.
Ha, I'll see your nostalgia and raise you another that disappeared:

Twilight War

I was also in the Face of Mankind beta all the way up to release and then bailed on that disaster.
Old 2012-07-14, 10:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #129
BlackBaron
Private

Does anyone know who the first people to start these demo "betas" are, because i feel like they need to be disposed of if people really feel this but-hurt about not getting into a technical test. I mean seriously, the most your going to get to play is few hours a day as the servers won't even always be on.
Old 2012-07-14, 10:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #130
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Somehow I suspect that more companies will actually succeed in emulating Planetside 2's success this time around. But I bet only a couple in the next five years will even come close to competing with it.
Old 2012-07-14, 10:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #131
duck
Sergeant

Can we start a thread of people who got into the tech test, and what their specs were?
Old 2012-07-14, 10:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #132
mcww
Private

I'm still holding out hope that they are letting in the highest spec people (out of the small pool they have chosen) first, and letting in the lowest spec computers last. I answered honestly and my specs are pretty mediocre until I get my new build, so maybe I'll get in towards the end of the tech test
I think that would sort of defeat the purpose of the tech test. Gotta have a mix of high/mid/low specced players to get more information as to how the game performs on various systems.
Old 2012-07-14, 10:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #133
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by duck View Post
Can we start a thread of people who got into the tech test, and what their specs were?
NDA fool, they can't say shit.

Originally Posted by mcww View Post
I think that would sort of defeat the purpose of the tech test. Gotta have a mix of high/mid/low specced players to get more information as to how the game performs on various systems.
Not really. Tech test is meant to last a couple weeks (possibly shorter), so I suspect they will invite everyone they intend to be part of the tech test within the first 7 days or so. It only makes sense to let in the high spec people first, since those are the ones they are most certain will run the game well, They can then test to make sure there are no weird bugs based on conflicts between various high end hardware combinations.

But after letting in those first high spec people, they would let in other people with progressively lower specs. The entire pool is probably already selected, with an even distribution of high and low end systems, but it could be that they just deliberately let in the lowest end systems in last so that they already are dealing with any issues that are unrelated to low end systems prior to letting the last tech testers in.

Whether the tech test lasts two weeks as planned, or only 10 days, or even something crazy like 4 weeks would depend entirely on how difficult it is for them to deal with those problems, but I think that ramping the tech test numbers up over time will make even more sense if it also ramps up which players will be the most likely to have trouble running the game.

But it could be that they are just randomly picking from their pool of tech testers at the moment. Either way, I'll just be pathetically checking my email a couple times an hour...

Last edited by Xyntech; 2012-07-14 at 10:52 PM.
Old 2012-07-14, 10:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #134
goneglockin
Sergeant

NDA fool, they can't say shit.
It's probably just for specific people they wanted to invite at this point. I have an overclocked i5 paired with a 7970 and SSD. This thing is a beast. If you've ever looked at Steam survey, something like 70% of PCs have 4-6 year old hardware that was mid-range when it was brand new. So if I didn't get one, and you didn't get one, then not many people got one.
Old 2012-07-14, 10:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #135
Crator
Major General

Originally Posted by RadarX View Post
This will be moot soon enough I assure you.
Bah! The dreaded SOON word! It is 4 letters ya know!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion