Who is the CG Trailer for? - Page 9 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: to see secret link press alt+F4
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-20, 10:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #121
Trip
Corporal

Re: Who is the CG Trailer for?

Originally Posted by UnDeAdKiTtY View Post
The new sneak peak of the CGI Trailer later to be released later on the 23rd

My question for everyone and SOE is who is to see this, what is the purpose, and was this money well spent?

Personally I think this was made to be shown mainly to Asia and Chinese markets because I know they really dig that kind of stuff. If not them maybe during sporting or some kind of TV ad for the game.

The purpose maybe to push the hyper train closer to release to get more people excited for the game. This has a Korean made (EDIT) For Asian and South Seas countries for the large Cyber Cafes gaming hubs feeling so its possibility for them getting some kind of esports push, because they are a big cash cow(In China).

I don't think this is well spent, but I guess they have the budget to make it since it is already made. I'd rather see more coders and artist hired for getting more work done. I know there is a worry in the community that they are trying to appeal to the Chinese market more then the US market, I don't think this will happen because its a US based company.

But please tell me what you think.
I think youre onto something. SOE should run its books through the psu forums so that we can approve and deny all their spending decisions. i know were all qualified for that. the asian market is enormous. they would have to be absolutely retarded not to try to appeal to it. As for me, i think cinematics trailers are awesome.
Old 2012-07-20, 10:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #122
wraithverge
Sergeant

For my friends who don't know the game already. If people ask me about the game, I show them this trailer and say "yeah, it's pre rendered but that's actually pretty accurate."
Old 2012-07-20, 11:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #123
Raka Maru
Major

I liked the preview and posted it on Facebook. One of my girl buddies said it looks like it was targeted to guys. When I asked, she said cuz of the size matters tag.

We know about the scale and epicness of Planetside, but they may need to elaborate on the size of the war, not the galaxy gunship he landed on.

Still, awesome trailer.
Old 2012-07-31, 02:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #124
XxAxMayxX
Sergeant

It was nice because I really needed more PS2 stuff to hold me off till beta but I think its made for all the COD BF3 players who have never heard of this game.
Old 2012-08-01, 11:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #125
opticalshadow
First Sergeant

i just really cant believe how many people wanted these trailers for ps1, how much cry there was to have them for ps2, how many suggestions in the ps1 forums there were and early ps:n forums tehre were that resemble this one.

and yet peopel have a problem with the trailer.

OpticalShadow - Terran Republic Stabasaurus-Rex
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion