It's 2011.. - Page 9 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Strippers wanted. Apply on the Hot Girls thread.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2011-03-08, 02:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #121
The Desert Fox
Master Sergeant

Re: It's March..

Originally Posted by I SandRock View Post
Maybe he means they'll launch up unreal editor and start working

Or maybe they'll officially launch the website I can't imagine a beta starting without first seeing a website dedicated to PSN and actually announcing the game to the public.
Huxley has been talked about for over 2 years with 2 closed beta's already, Let me know when you find their website
Old 2011-03-08, 02:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #122
Timantium
Sergeant

Maybe he meant they would announce the unprecedented increase of subs to the original PS for the first quarter 2011.
Old 2011-03-08, 03:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #123
Raymac
Brigadier General

Seriously though, who is the lead developer for Planetside Next? It's great that the CEO has taken some time to feed us a few morsals, but thats not his job. CEO's have many more important things to do on a daily basis.

Right now, I'd be extatic to hear something like "Well we were hoping to launch the website this month, but we are still fine-tuning alot fo the artwork, so it may be another month or 2 before we make an official announcement."

Just don't leave us hanging like this. It's like your girlfriend says she knows a really hot girl that wants to join you for a 3-some, but it will be sometime in the next few monthes. Don't leave us hanging here. Just say something, anything. Right now the silence is deafening.
Old 2011-03-08, 03:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #124
I SandRock
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by The Desert Fox View Post
Huxley has been talked about for over 2 years with 2 closed beta's already, Let me know when you find their website
Huxley has been talked about for more than 4 years actually. It was suppose to be the first UE3 game coming out, even before UT3. But Huxley is a big piece of fail. I could give you more examples like that. *cough* duke nukem *cough*
It doesn't mean it's normal protocol or even a smart thing to do

Also huxley did have a website, but it's been changing hands A LOT. So the old website from the old publisher was taken down again, blahblah. It's almost as bad as RTW/APB
Old 2011-03-08, 04:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #125
morf
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by I SandRock
*cough* duke nukem *cough*
Believe it or not, Duke Nukem Forever is reportedly complete and slated for release on May 3rd. I'm not trying to question the validity of your point, I just wanted to share that lol.

And yeah Huxley will likely turn out to be vaporware or a sad failure.
Old 2011-03-08, 06:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #126
Timantium
Sergeant

Maybe they will go the route of Starcraft 2 and make it a huge Korean cash grab. They could even release the game one faction at a time...
Old 2011-03-08, 06:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #127
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Timantium View Post
Maybe they will go the route of Starcraft 2 and make it a huge Korean cash grab. They could even release the game one faction at a time...
0/10 Troll harder
Old 2011-03-08, 07:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #128
Miir
Malvision

Originally Posted by Raymac View Post
Seriously though, who is the lead developer for Planetside Next? It's great that the CEO has taken some time to feed us a few morsals, but thats not his job. CEO's have many more important things to do on a daily basis.
I wonder these same things.

This March announcement has to be the official website launch. It's the only thing that makes logical sense. The game is not coming out yet. If we are lucky the website launch will be timed with a beta sign up form. and an information dump.
Old 2011-03-09, 01:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #129
FastAndFree
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
0/10 Troll harder
I thought it was funny.

SOE: It's Q2, so as promised, Planetside Next is released!

Everyone: YAY! (rushes off to buy it)

Huh? No VS or TR?

Everyone proceeds to make an NC char and just sit in sanc for 4 months until the TR expansion is released
Old 2011-03-09, 02:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #130
Grimster
First Lieutenant

I wonder if they are aware of how annoyed people are actually starting to become with this lack of information? I haven't seen any of the SOE staff on the forums lately either.

I mean it's not like they have to feed the public with gigantic information bombs. A model shot a week or something similar would be well enough for me at least or maybe just some brief information on a feature planned for the game.

Just so that you receive some kind of vital signs.
Old 2011-03-09, 04:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #131
I SandRock
Sergeant Major

I call for a public campaign to bring our need for information to their attention. On friday at the same time (good time for both US and EU) we should all send a twitter message to Smed (and t-rex if anyone has his twitter) and ask what's up with Planetside next, or some sort of message relating to it. We'll make sure he won't miss the message that way

Originally Posted by morf View Post
Believe it or not, Duke Nukem Forever is reportedly complete and slated for release on May 3rd. I'm not trying to question the validity of your point, I just wanted to share that lol.

And yeah Huxley will likely turn out to be vaporware or a sad failure.
It is and I'm looking forward to some nostalgic gaming You don't question the validity of my point, as I don't question that PSN will actually be released.
The point was that Huxley and Duke Nukem Forever aren't exactly examples of good game marketing/development/planning/whatever and can't be used as an example as to how SOE is likely to run their Planetside Next campaign. At least, we should all hope that's not what they intend to do

Originally Posted by Grimster View Post
I wonder if they are aware of how annoyed people are actually starting to become with this lack of information? I haven't seen any of the SOE staff on the forums lately either.

I mean it's not like they have to feed the public with gigantic information bombs. A model shot a week or something similar would be well enough for me at least or maybe just some brief information on a feature planned for the game.

Just so that you receive some kind of vital signs.
Yeah they made a mistake by starting to release information at a steady pace (the screenshots) and even coming here and interacting with the community, answering questions, giving info. And then suddenly disappearing.
Seen so many companies make this same mistake. Once you start a certain pace of information people become accustomed to it. Any decrease will be met with annoyance and impatience.

Infact:
T-rex:
Last Activity: 02-22-2011 06:33 AM

Same as his last post (though he hung around an hour after that)

Smed:
Last Activity: 02-04-2011 10:20 PM

Also same day as his last post.

Though smed being CEO of SOE im sure he has a lot on his plate and it's kind of surprising he showed up in person anyway.

Last edited by I SandRock; 2011-03-09 at 04:29 AM.
Old 2011-03-09, 06:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #132
CutterJohn
Colonel

Originally Posted by I SandRock View Post
Though smed being CEO of SOE im sure he has a lot on his plate and it's kind of surprising he showed up in person anyway.
PS is reportedly his baby. I think he was excited to be able to share the news and get some love rolling.

Ofc if this ends up vaporware its pitchforks time.
Old 2011-03-09, 06:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #133
Lucage
Private

I feel like I have been mis-lead with no annoucements for the beginning of this month so I've cancelled my subscription.

Not bothered about getting into the beta.
Old 2011-03-09, 09:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #134
Manitou
Contributor
Old War Horse

Originally Posted by Lucage View Post
I feel like I have been mis-lead with no annoucements for the beginning of this month so I've cancelled my subscription.

Why do you feel misled? A lack of information doesn't mean they are lying about it, it simply may mean they are not ready to divulge any information at all right now.

We have to remember we aren't due any information at all. It is a privilege to receive some now and then.

Manitou
"
On the plains of hesitation lie the bones of countless millions who, upon the dawn of victory, sat down to rest and resting, died."
<))><
Old 2011-03-09, 09:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #135
krnasaur
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Lucage View Post

I don't mind they don't say anything. I just want the game to be released.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion