*** PlanetSide 2 Ultimate Beta FAQ *** - Page 9 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Oh! this is such a lame way to die! this is so NOT cool
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-10, 01:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #121
Kriegson
Master Sergeant

Re: *** PlanetSide 2 Ultimate Beta FAQ ***

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
Honestly I just want people who will test, not people will play. Wish there was a way for them to find that out.

While we obviously need people to try and jump/crouch/wiggle into every nook in order to get into the terrain, hop on galaxies and lock down in maxes to see how far they can travel on top of it, and generally exploit whatever little loopholes they may find (and more importantly: REPORT IT) there will also be need for people to simply play the game and give feedback.

How does the pace of battle feel? Of learning certs or gaining/spending resources? Would you buy X item on the market or simply grind it out? Does this facility seem defensible? Is it conducive to combat on both a large, and small squad based scale?

So on etc. The only bad tester is one who gives useless feedback (hyperbole) or none at all.
Old 2012-06-10, 02:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #122
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Kriegson View Post

While we obviously need people to try and jump/crouch/wiggle into every nook in order to get into the terrain, hop on galaxies and lock down in maxes to see how far they can travel on top of it, and generally exploit whatever little loopholes they may find (and more importantly: REPORT IT) there will also be need for people to simply play the game and give feedback.

How does the pace of battle feel? Of learning certs or gaining/spending resources? Would you buy X item on the market or simply grind it out? Does this facility seem defensible? Is it conducive to combat on both a large, and small squad based scale?

So on etc. The only bad tester is one who gives useless feedback (hyperbole) or none at all.
Playing the game and giving feedback IS testing it.

I mean people who just want to play, which are quite a few, I'm sure.
Old 2012-06-10, 02:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #123
Khagan Impi
Private

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
Playing the game and giving feedback IS testing it.

I mean people who just want to play, which are quite a few, I'm sure.
They will be excellent test subjects for the testers.
Old 2012-06-10, 02:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #124
Dagron
Captain

I'm sure if anyone finds something they feel isn't right, they speak up... whether they were planning on helping or not.
If a person likes the game, they want it to work out and be fun in the end.

Besides, even people who don't actively try to test are helping test it when they interact with others.

Last edited by Dagron; 2012-06-10 at 02:35 PM.
Old 2012-06-10, 03:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #125
PeteHMB
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Kriegson View Post

*pictures a wave of TR Galaxy Gunships with 3-4 dual bursters locked down on top, facing each direction*

That would be awesome...you'd have to attack from the bottom of it, it would change entire angles of attack, and take some serious coordination to bring down.

edit - what if all 4 MAXes locked down back to back, and in the little square in between was a dude with an engineer kit? The MAX units would keep him from sliding off, and he could repair both the MAX units and the Galaxy...

Last edited by PeteHMB; 2012-06-10 at 03:14 PM.
Old 2012-06-10, 03:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #126
Kriegson
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by PeteHMB View Post
..... a dude with an engineer kit? The MAX units would keep him from sliding off, and he could repair both the MAX units and the Galaxy...
Speaking of engineer kit...what if you had a sunderer with a max locked down on the rear, with an engineer in front of him using a deployed turret, along with the existing turrets on it?
Old 2012-06-10, 05:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #127
Raka Maru
Major

Originally Posted by Khagan Impi View Post
They will be excellent test subjects for the testers.
Hehehe...
/like
Old 2012-06-10, 08:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #128
indirect
Staff Sergeant

Is there a difference between the E3 keys and the Twitter keys going out?
Old 2012-06-10, 08:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #129
Vashyo
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by indirect View Post
Is there a difference between the E3 keys and the Twitter keys going out?
Nope they both put u in the beta player-pool as last, but still before people who don't have keys.
Old 2012-06-10, 08:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #130
indirect
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Vashyo View Post
Nope they both put u in the beta player-pool as last, but still before people who don't have keys.
Uh, can I get a real answer?

I'm pretty sure PRIORITY ACCESS doesn't put you in last.
Old 2012-06-10, 09:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #131
Juturna
Private

Uh, can I get a real answer?

I'm pretty sure PRIORITY ACCESS doesn't put you in last.

Last behind the PCGN beta keys who are also behind the PS1 vets. I myself utilized the PCGN key as well as my veteran status for optimal chances. This may not be the answer you're looking for but essentially, yes you will be last.
Old 2012-06-10, 09:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #132
indirect
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Juturna View Post
Last behind the PCGN beta keys who are also behind the PS1 vets. I myself utilized the PCGN key as well as my veteran status for optimal chances. This may not be the answer you're looking for but essentially, yes you will be last.
I'm a day 30 PS player, how does that affect my beta start date? Where is your information from? The guy at the booth was saying these are day 1 beta things but I didn't believe that.

Last edited by indirect; 2012-06-10 at 09:17 PM.
Old 2012-06-10, 09:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #133
Greeniegriz
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Misc Info

I'm a day 30 PS player, how does that affect my beta start date? Where is your information from? The guy at the booth was saying these are day 1 beta things but I didn't believe that.
From the various twitter and forums posts (most of which can be found on page one of this thread):

PS1Vets/PCGamer Keys>Twitter/FB/E3 Keys>Everyone else.

All the keys you obtain (or being a PS1 vet) give you priority access... Priority over those that just sign-up on the website. But within that priority access group, others are given priority.

Cheers,

GG

PSU Folding Team - Join Today!
Don't follow me on Twitter

Last edited by Greeniegriz; 2012-06-10 at 09:23 PM.
Old 2012-06-10, 09:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #134
indirect
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Greeniegriz View Post
From the various twitter and forums posts (most of which can be found on page one of this thread):

PS1Vets/PCGamer Keys>Twitter/FB/E3 Keys>Everyone else.

Cheers,

GG
Yea, I get that. (Which is retarded as to why they gave us slips that literally read PRIORITY ACCESS)

What does my being a Vet and a CURRENT subscriber affect at all?
Old 2012-06-10, 09:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #135
Greeniegriz
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Misc Info

Yea, I get that. (Which is retarded as to why they gave us slips that literally read PRIORITY ACCESS)

What does my being a Vet and a CURRENT subscriber affect at all?
I'd say you'll most certainly get in. Never a guarantee though

Shot, I have two accounts (one vet and another with a PC Gamer key) and I may not get in. Ya just never know...

Cheers,

GG

PSU Folding Team - Join Today!
Don't follow me on Twitter
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion