News: Planetside 2 beta plans - Page 91 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Now accepting monopoly money
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-08-07, 07:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
NePaS
Corporal

Re: Planetside 2 beta plans

Originally Posted by zelollarn View Post
Do you automatically get invited to the BETA if you got invited to the technical test?
The chat support i spoke to wasn't very convincing nor understanding, he said that i should get the beta email, but that my account is active (?)

It says that my Planetside2 licence is ACTIVE, and i've got the client downloaded, so i'm not entirely sure what to believe, anyone that can enlighten me?
yes.
Old 2012-08-07, 07:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
the newb
Private

Can't wait for beta.
Old 2012-08-07, 08:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Greeniegriz
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Misc Info

Soon...

Sent from Auraxis using Tapatalk

PSU Folding Team - Join Today!
Don't follow me on Twitter
Old 2012-08-07, 09:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Desell
Private

Dinkelspiel!
Old 2012-08-07, 10:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
longfire
Private

probably wont be any more invites sent out today until they get the beta up and ruuning since on higby's twitter he said there was an issue about something and they couldnt open up the game or something like that and he was bummed about it. Smedly also tweeted something like that and a bunch of beta schedules/times and on soe's facebook it says their doing maintenance that would affect all soe games and itl be done in about 2 hours so im not sure if people even played yesterday.
Old 2012-08-07, 10:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
AzureWatcher
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by longfire View Post
probably wont be any more invites sent out today until they get the beta up and ruuning since on higby's twitter he said there was an issue about something and they couldnt open up the game or something like that and he was bummed about it. Smedly also tweeted something like that and a bunch of beta schedules/times and on soe's facebook it says their doing maintenance that would affect all soe games and itl be done in about 2 hours so im not sure if people even played yesterday.
Read Smedley's twitter. No one got in yesterday due to a bug when they tried to patch.
Old 2012-08-07, 11:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Deathfyre
Private

I'm not going through 100+ pages of thread to find it but... I'm pretty sure Smed said somewhere (twitter maybe) that they would be working backwards with subscription dates. i.e. subscribed now = first wave, subscribed in 2011 = a little later, 2010 = later still, and so on.
Old 2012-08-07, 11:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
zelollarn
Private

While trying to logon now it says "This Account is Unauthorized" or something along those lines, i'm confused.
Old 2012-08-07, 12:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Sephirex
Major

Originally Posted by zelollarn View Post
While trying to logon now it says "This Account is Unauthorized" or something along those lines, i'm confused.
Keep trying. It's a common error.
Also, I'd post this stuff on the Beta forums from now on.
Old 2012-08-08, 07:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Loco
Private

Originally Posted by Deathfyre View Post
I'm not going through 100+ pages of thread to find it but... I'm pretty sure Smed said somewhere (twitter maybe) that they would be working backwards with subscription dates. i.e. subscribed now = first wave, subscribed in 2011 = a little later, 2010 = later still, and so on.
Well my all pass ended in march or 2012 and I have not received an invite so they are not doing all of 2012 subscribers in one fell swoop.
Old 2012-08-08, 01:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Deathfyre
Private

Originally Posted by Loco View Post
Well my all pass ended in march or 2012 and I have not received an invite so they are not doing all of 2012 subscribers in one fell swoop.
The people that were actively subscribed on beta day 1 got in on day 1. Since your latest subscription was this year, you will probably get in on the next wave which, I'd wager, will start next week or the week after. That's just my speculation based on the appproximate timelines SOE has been saying.

Last edited by Deathfyre; 2012-08-08 at 04:28 PM.
Old 2012-08-08, 11:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
thatcapture
Private

Originally Posted by Deathfyre View Post
Really?

I'm still playing Planetside 1 to this day. My PS1 account was made in November 2003.

Apparently nearly 9 years isn't good enough for Sony as it is so the fact I could be one of the last people to get in (despite being such a seasoned player) infuriates me just a bit.
Old 2012-08-08, 11:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Zebasiz
Corporal

Originally Posted by thatcapture View Post
Really?

I'm still playing Planetside 1 to this day. My PS1 account was made in November 2003.

Apparently nearly 9 years isn't good enough for Sony as it is so the fact I could be one of the last people to get in (despite being such a seasoned player) infuriates me just a bit.
Well if you have an active sub you should already be in. Might wanna check on that.
Old 2012-08-08, 11:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Xzi
Private

Originally Posted by thatcapture View Post
Really?

You're in if you had an active subscription as of Monday, even if they didn't send you an e-mail.

Go here: http://www.planetside2.com/download

Click "download now," then log in with your account and see if it lets you download.
Old 2012-08-08, 07:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Folly
Private

Hmm...just checked my transaction history, and my last recorded subscription according to SoE was from February 2010. Yet the timestamps in my game folder show I was still playing July 2011.

Clearly someone must have hacked SoE's computers and altered my account info with the nefarious purpose of delaying my beta invite by a few days! This is an outrage!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion