Planetside 2 : Sail AWOLNATION - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hey! get away from my coffin!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-05-28, 10:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #46
Hamma
PSU Admin

Re: Planetside 2 : Sail AWOLNATION

Watched it again this morning.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-05-28, 11:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Funny you used this song, as wingsuits are a concept for PS2.

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2012-05-28, 12:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
TacosWLove
Master Sergeant

Awesome
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-05-28, 12:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
Luperza
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Fantastic! Nice job. =]

Note: All my posts are mine and mine alone. They have not been reviewed or approved by Sony Online Entertainment (“SOE”), and they do not necessarily reflect or express the views of SOE itself.
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-05-28, 12:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
arclegger
PlanetSide 2
Level Designer

Best fans in the world. Fan made videos are community gold.
Old 2012-05-28, 12:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
SuperMorto
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by TotalBiscuit
Morto, stop using our footage. This is the second time now you've done it without permission. It does not belong to you and we are not cool with it. Not to mention you're now using our footage with a commercial track you also don't have the permission to use.
Please remove this video, we don't want to have to give you copyright strikes but if you keep doing this we won't have a choice.
Just a few points, TotalBiscuit made his name through games he did not own. I thought he could of seen what this was all about, but no guess not.

Video will be removed.

Last edited by SuperMorto; 2012-05-28 at 01:53 PM.
Old 2012-05-28, 01:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
bjorntju1
Captain

Originally Posted by SuperMorto View Post
Just a few points, TotalBiscuit made his name through games he did now own. I thought he could of seen what this was all about, but no guess not.

Video will be removed.
Wtf? Ridiculous imo. Also about how he makes a huge deal about it... What did he expect? He is the only one who has ''pure'' PlanetSide 2 gameplay footage. So he can expect that there are going to be fan videos with his footage in it. Because there isn't more footage than his. And I also don't see the problems caused by this.

Last edited by bjorntju1; 2012-05-28 at 01:17 PM.
Old 2012-05-28, 01:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
Fable
Private

Originally Posted by SuperMorto View Post
Just a few points, TotalBiscuit made his name through games he did now own. I thought he could of seen what this was all about, but no guess not.

Video will be removed.
What do you mean by "through games he did now own"?

I think you don't understand, that this was all done by him and it's his intelectual property. The game isn't, but the footage and talkover is. He had to prepare all of that, edit it and so on. What you keep doing (all the time btw, when I see what you have on your channel) is take other people's work, than edit by maybe adding a song and nothing else and then you get views and in case of this video, little bit of fame from developers tweeting about it. But you haven't actually done any of it. You don't deserve the praise you are getting. You just don't because you are just refining other people's work, and that's just not cool.

This is actually the reason why I refused to make videos for Planetside TV, because so far, none of it is done by you and you even expect other people to do it for you.

I've noticed you started doing some videos about PS weapons and stuff, but it's very amateurish and you could never build up your channel with such a horrible content. I'm sorry, but it's true. I'm just being honest.

While you can't do anything proper on your own terms, you can't expect TotalBiscuit to be cool with you pretty much stealing his work.
Old 2012-05-28, 01:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
Turdicus
Master Sergeant

That was likely a thing better said in a private message than over a forum. You might be right but now you just look like a dick. Everyone deserves some constructive criticism but jeez
Old 2012-05-28, 01:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
Fable
Private

Originally Posted by Turdicus View Post
That was likely a thing better said in a private message than over a forum. You might be right but now you just look like a dick. Everyone deserves some constructive criticism but jeez
It's called honesty.
Old 2012-05-28, 01:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
Irish
Private

is there not a bigger picture as the goal here? he made a video that everyone likes, that will get people interested in the game. end of story.

i feel like the reason totalbiscuit went to SOE was to get raw data and information for us. same with hamma, to get insight. once the material is dug up, i thought it would be expected to be used by different creative minds to come up with material to draw in a playerbase. so to say hey thats mine! you cant have it!. sounds kinda childish.

now i can see how someone using your work to produce less than stellar work might be irksome, but A. im not sure there is anything you can do about that. and B. maybe guide the fellow to create higher quality work so he who has the drive can create movies and such, so everyone wins.

in the end, drawing in more of a player base is what is important right?

we can be nitpicky about videos because were fans....superfans... but so far when i have showed this video to the general public, they shit kittens.. which i think is the point.

edit - unsure of legit copyright laws regarding whos "property" it is. my feelings are the same, but if its illegal in some way....that would suck

Last edited by Irish; 2012-05-28 at 01:52 PM.
Old 2012-05-28, 01:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
MyMeatStick
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Fable View Post

I think you don't understand, that this was all done by him and it's his intelectual property. The game isn't, but the footage and talkover is. He had to prepare all of that, edit it and so on. What you keep doing (all the time btw, when I see what you have on your channel) is take other people's work, than edit by maybe adding a song and nothing else and then you get views and in case of this video, little bit of fame from developers tweeting about it. But you haven't actually done any of it. You don't deserve the praise you are getting. You just don't because you are just refining other people's work, and that's just not cool.

This is actually the reason why I refused to make videos for Planetside TV, because so far, none of it is done by you and you even expect other people to do it for you.

I've noticed you started doing some videos about PS weapons and stuff, but it's very amateurish and you could never build up your channel with such a horrible content. I'm sorry, but it's true. I'm just being honest.

While you can't do anything proper on your own terms, you can't expect TotalBiscuit to be cool with you pretty much stealing his work.
What are you smoking and can I have some?

Firstly I would hardly say playing some games and talking about them is work...

Secondly he only touched up the previous 45 minutes of gameplay because it was grainy and needed a bit of work done to it. No one complained when he made it all nice a shiny for you.

Thirdly, he worked on this video for 6 hours, so its his work at the end of the day.

Forthly, TB has the only ON-SCREEN footage for the game and morto is only trying to get more people interested so we can have a long and fruitful game experience in PlanetSide2 when it releases. Get new blood in so we can have a game with the populations we sorely need.

Finally - If he would actually get some help from the community then he would be able to release better content and grab more people for PS2, but instead you sit behind your desk and whine about how he's not doing it right while juggling work, girlfriend, website design, posting news, posting videos, getting people interested in PS2, Editing and being able to sleep inbetween.

Maybe you think you can do it better on your own?
Old 2012-05-28, 02:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
SuperMorto
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Fable View Post

Here take a look TB's first video, of a game he does not own, its WOW - the most successful MMO on the planet.

Yea some fucking legend. He was a guy just like me, starting out, but I know 100% I will never become the content whore he has become. I believe in making things better for everybody, yea sometimes that means improving on a video, something Im good at.

And do you think for one moment if I had lived near SOE I would not of been kicking their door in for game play footage? Yea right. I live 2000 miles from SOE. And you want me to just forget about a game I love? Fuck that.

If you can see what im about like, Hamma and people who like my videos then just fuck off.

And thanks to the folks giving me support through this, including you meaty.
Old 2012-05-28, 02:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
CuddleMeLoki
Private

Originally Posted by MyMeatStick View Post
What are you smoking and can I have some?

You would be wrong, you should see how much hair TB has left.

Thirdly, he worked on this video for 6 hours, so its his work at the end of the day.

First you say it isnt work, then it takes 6 hours?

Finally - If he would actually get some help from the community then he would be able to release better content and grab more people for PS2, but instead you sit behind your desk and whine about how he's not doing it right while juggling work, girlfriend, website design, posting news, posting videos, getting people interested in PS2, Editing and being able to sleep inbetween.

He isnt being forced to do it and he shouldnt steal other peoples material.
l
Old 2012-05-28, 02:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
Fable
Private

You obviously have NO IDEA how this bussiness works.

Secondly he only touched up the previous 45 minutes of gameplay because it was grainy and needed a bit of work done to it. No one complained when he made it all nice a shiny for you.
Yes, he can do that, but don't post it on your channel to get views for it. Simple as that.

Forthly, TB has the only ON-SCREEN footage for the game and morto is only trying to get more people interested so we can have a long and fruitful game experience in PlanetSide2 when it releases. Get new blood in so we can have a game with the populations we sorely need.
I'm pretty damn sure only people from this site watched it. Poeple who are PS fans already. Only very few people are going to find out about PS from that video.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion