News: E3 Trailer - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Warning: Do not surf website while bathing. Electrocution may occur.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-05, 02:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
Hermes
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Re: E3 Trailer

Music was a beauty. And I still can't get over how cool the TR and NC max models are.

Voice acting and scripting style wasn't quite spot on for me, but it didn't stop me enjoying it. I'm beyond keen to jump into beta

Old 2012-06-05, 02:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
Envenom
Sergeant Major

ooOOOOOOOOooo
Old 2012-06-05, 02:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #63
Fable
Private

This one is really bad, worse than the Air Combat. Cheesy voice-acting and badly presented fights. I'm really dissapointed with PS2 trailers so far.

It's not even in 1080p /facepalm

Edit: some parts are good, but they are minority
And the ending with Planetsite logo...meh

Last edited by Fable; 2012-06-05 at 02:57 PM.
Old 2012-06-05, 02:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #64
kertvon
Sergeant

Flippin beautiful. *holds back tears*
Old 2012-06-05, 02:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #65
GreatMazinkaise
Captain

Originally Posted by Frostedawg View Post
i lol at you sir. bots in PS... yes that's lol worthy.
Most of the infantry in that trailer are probably bots. That's not a gameplay vid, it's a trailer...

Last edited by GreatMazinkaise; 2012-06-05 at 03:42 PM.
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-06-05, 02:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #66
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Awesome trailer. Really nice job on the music. The classic PS1 theme remade, little bit faster, little bit more dire. Love it!
Old 2012-06-05, 02:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #67
Dreamcast
Major

Originally Posted by vampyro View Post
I hate to say this because i love pside so much, but wtf were they thinking? They want this to stand next to the AAA shooters and they deliver this?
Im sure the game is better than the trailer tho!
Exactly, the gameplay looks better in the video's I have seen....Is pretty sad that they triedhard on looking epic and failed IMO.

It had a 2003 vibe which I guess is why a lot of the vets are liking it here, but it looks horrible by todays standards

Originally Posted by Grimshad View Post
I didn't like the fact that in the video all the "players" were standing still. There should have been more infantry action.. people running at each other, as well as some "true fps" footage that Higby keeps talking about.

Yeah I had no idea why all infantry were just standing.....The worst part is where TR and VS or NC are standing literally what appears to be 4ft away from each other, just shooting at eachother.

The trailer looked like a futuristic Civil/Revolutionary war fighting...people just standing shooting at eachother.

At least we know the Planetside music is good and old school I guess.
Old 2012-06-05, 03:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #68
cBselfmonkey
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Dreamcast View Post
Yeah I had no idea why all infantry were just standing.....The worst part is where TR and VS or NC are standing literally what appears to be 4ft away from each other, just shooting at eachother.

The trailer looked like a futuristic Civil/Revolutionary war fighting...people just standing shooting at eachother.

At least we know the Planetside music is good and old school I guess.
SOE was trying to show off the armor designs and the weapon effects. Kinda hard to do either when people are running around trying to shoot people and not get shot. At least from a third person perspective.

In either case I theres still probably plenty of time for new, more gameplay sensitive trailers. Not to mention inevitable beta footage that people will sink their teeth into.
Old 2012-06-05, 03:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #69
Red Beard
Second Lieutenant

If I didn't know anything about Planetside and I only saw that trailer, I would presume that it was a bad game, on account of how bad the voice acting was.

What's the budget of PS2 anyway? 30 Million?
Old 2012-06-05, 03:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #70
Bags
Lieutenant General

The trailer wasn't amazing but PS2 carries it.
Old 2012-06-05, 03:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #71
xSquirtle
Staff Sergeant

ewww, hate to say it. That trailer was kind of awful.

Originally Posted by UrielVS
Looking from the outside in. The game does not represent Planetside. With original concepts that players across the board accepted with open arms; have been taken out. Developers are creating the next COD on a massive scale. Generic players who never saw or even felt the uniqueness of the game, will only continue to nod their heads with blinding satisfaction, not realizing what basic functionality the game will lose in the process.
Old 2012-06-05, 03:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #72
psimonk
Private

I'd have to agree with the others who say this is a really poor trailer. It doesn't dampen my enthusiasm for the game at all because I've seen the actual gameplay but this would make for a poor first impression. The animations are pretty awful currently, the running is just poor quality. I hope they get polished up much, much more. I know it always comes out looking goofy with staged moments like these so I'm willing to forgive that.

I did however LOVE the music, and the general sense of epicness. Hell, I even dig the tag line, just enough tongue in cheek. Sorry I can't be 100% fanboy but it's mostly because I want it to succeed so much.
Old 2012-06-05, 03:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #73
Fable
Private

You guys keep saying the trailer is not the best but the PS2 "carries it" (as Bags said), but the problem is people who don't know the game will think it sucks. Simple as that. If this is their official E3 trailers, that's really sad. And it's really really bad for the game. Because it has potential, but the trailers just don't do it justice.

Last edited by Fable; 2012-06-05 at 03:10 PM.
Old 2012-06-05, 03:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #74
Shott
Private

Some of you guys are assholes.

People worked hard on that trailer/this game. Show a little respect or don't comment at all.
Old 2012-06-05, 03:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #75
chanic
Private

Ahaha, that voice acting. Also the general lack of moving while shooting.

Something of note: Vanu and NC engi turrets were shown in this vid, and appear to be identical except for the shield. The shield does appear to be unique per faction, and not just different colors. The NC shield also looked wider than the Vanu one. Maybe a cert spec?

Anyone else think the stompiness of the NC MAX is a bit overdone? It kinda looks like it was moving slower and then they fast-forwarded it.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion