Joining the PS2 Team - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Open 24 hours a day!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-10-08, 03:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Re: Joining the PS2 Team

Originally Posted by sylphaen View Post
I'll start with the questions, do you think there is currently an issue with the flow of combat/battles/strategy in PS2 ? Would you have some leads in way to fixing it ? Will you help to work on the public (i.e. empire) command structures ? Outfit tools ?
The flow has come a long way from tech test, but there's definitely room for improvement. A lot of things factor in, from how to efficiently and effectively inform players without overwhelming them, directing new players to the battle, population scaling, keeping it constant and exciting but also fresh, motivating players to do certain things, and discouraging some of the more detrimental behaviors. I think there's plenty to keep myself and others busy in that space. I've got a lot of ideas on different ways to address those things, some of which I've been discussing with Matt. I'd need another manifesto to cover it all.

Not sure about how much empire command or outfit tools involvement I will have, though empire command is certainly impacts the metagame.
Old 2012-10-08, 04:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Joining the PS2 Team

Gratz Malorn.
I really dont envy your job and it will be difficult for you to please everyone once you are entrenched and have to work within the constrains placed on you and the other developers.
I know your intentions, like everyone else on the team, will be for the best.
Good luck.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion