You know those MAX melee weapons - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Houston, we have lunch break.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-05-13, 04:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Canaris
Contributor
General

Question You know those MAX melee weapons

I don't know how serious the Dev's were over the MAX melee weapons but the thing that struck me as odd was.

Giant Sword for the VS
Giant Axe for the NC
&
A set of brass knuckles for the TR

2 semi-ranged weapons on the other two and a very close range for the TR, like the Anti-personnel claymore mines this is just screaming bad design again for the TR.
I know a set of brass knuckles is very kewl, I agree but vs the other two it's out of place.
We're the TR right, we love law, order and all that good stuff right? well that has to be enforced and civil disobedience rooted out or put down quick.
We are a modern military to boot

hence i suggest we move away from the old bludgeon style and get with the times.

give us

TR - Shocklance

History:
A weapon first rolled out for nonlethal breakup of unauthorized gatherings it was styled on bovine control rods (cattle prod) but has since been incorporated into military use to counter the us of dangerous melee weapon of the NC & VS.
Made much more powerful thanks to being linked in with the TR max's power system the shocklance is capable of delivering huge amounts of superheated energy generated at the special tip capable of melting thick armour of infantry and other maxes units (even vehicles too if the NC & VS ones do)
I think it could be more iconic for the TR and just as deadly as the Axe and Sword design with the same range.

Thoughts, criticisms, free money?

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2013-05-13, 05:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Sifer2
Major

Re: You know those MAX melee weapons

In PS1 Terran had a chainsaw knife. So why not a Chainsaw sword? If the Vanu's is more of a lightsaber they wont be that redundant. Brass Knuckles definitely sounds lame.

Though honestly i'm not sure if I like the idea of melee weapons when the other factions have abilities that will support them. Vanu will be able to move faster with ZOE, and NC can safely get in close with shield. How will Lockdown help the TR to use a melee weapon? Seems a bit unfair.
Old 2013-05-13, 05:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Shogun
Contributor
General

oh, the sheer possibility of a few inches of rangedifference between melee weapons is critical but that the nc only got shortrange shotgun weapons for their max, while the other two can effectifely shoot several hundret meters is no problem in your eyes?

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2013-05-13, 06:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
monkjunk
Private

lightning Claws.

That is all.

Old 2013-05-13, 06:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
PredatorFour
Major

TR will probably get a lock-on melee weapon... i wouldn't worry about the TR Max melee!
Old 2013-05-13, 06:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Twido
Private

Originally Posted by PredatorFour View Post
TR will probably get a lock-on melee weapon... i wouldn't worry about the TR Max melee!
That will be ridiculously over powered when used with the lock down mode!
Old 2013-05-13, 07:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

The NC model is a hammer

Originally Posted by Twido View Post
That will be ridiculously over powered when used with the lock down mode!
Heh, that would be like strapping the cat you just pissed off to a pole. Better not get in range!

I don't like the idea of TR getting brass knuckles, power fists? Sure, ok. Just make em faster to hit with or give us the ability to hit with both fists. Like Sifer pointed out the lockdown wouldn't add anything, or atleast only a little, to the MAX's melee capabilities.

Wouldn't mind a huge beating stick, would go with the TR law enforcement protocol "You are under arrest, let me beat you your rights."
If reach is the name of the game then perhaps something like a halberd.

Personally I would like to see TR getting the hammer if for no other reason than allowing Hamma to banhammer people ingame.

Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
oh, the sheer possibility of a few inches of rangedifference between melee weapons is critical but that the nc only got shortrange shotgun weapons for their max, while the other two can effectifely shoot several hundret meters is no problem in your eyes?
Yes, but probably not for the same reasons as you

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-05-13, 07:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Canaris
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
slug ammo

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2013-05-13, 09:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
AThreatToYou
Major

slug ammo on scatmaxes is a joke now.

In any case, NC get a giant hammer? That actually makes sense. It would remind me of Red Faction, beating down those oppressive EDF with my FREEDOM HAMMER...

on a side note, TR shouldn't get brass knuckles. TR should get a chainsword. they already have commissar hats.

and no shocklance for TR. Shocklance is a tribal weapon, son.
Old 2013-05-13, 11:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
MrMak
Sergeant Major

Thre was a placeholder for a Plasma Cutter for the NC MAX when the Test server first launched and had a lot of stuff that wasnt supose to be there. Seems to make sense.
Old 2013-05-13, 12:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Whiteagle
Major

Wrist Claws really are probably our best option, especially if they are somehow Chainsaw Claws...
Then you will either have Lock-down Melee MAXes set up around strategic choke points (A.K.A. the Meat Grinder Special) or use Charge and Nano-Repair (Adamantium RAGE!!!).
Old 2013-05-13, 12:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

I think the TR should get a chain fist.

This particular weapon is a tremendously powerful variant of the power fist. The chain fist has been known to open up main battle tanks exposing their crew to the terminators guns.
Old 2013-05-13, 01:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by Sledgecrushr View Post

This particular weapon is a tremendously powerful variant of the power fist. The chain fist has been known to open up main battle tanks exposing their crew to the terminators guns.
Indeed

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-05-13, 05:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Snipefrag
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Sledgecrushr View Post

ok, as long as the part about opening up a tank with it stays in.
Old 2013-05-13, 05:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Whiteagle
Major

Originally Posted by Snipefrag View Post
ok, as long as the part about opening up a tank with it stays in.
...Why would you equip these Melee Weapons if they couldn't do armor damage?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion