What keeps you playing? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Ooohhhh..I can't understand Macs
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-12-18, 08:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Fazed
Corporal

Question What keeps you playing?

Hi,

I played planetside 2 since beta, had never head of planetside 1 before.

First thing I thought was "wow these maps are huge, it's gonna be cool how I'll always be fighting in different places", though soon enough I knew every rocks and hills by hearth.

Then I unlocked everything I liked and they didn't add anything else in 6 months.

From that point, I got bored within weeks and went back to playing older games which were better than the constant "zerg or bezerg'd" gameplay of planetside.

What kept you guys playing? I still have a tought about PS2 every now and then but can't figure why I'd play it over other games I own.
Old 2013-12-18, 08:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Emperor Newt
Second Lieutenant

Re: What keeps you playing?

The peeps in my outfit. Without them I would have quit months ago. If there would be a competitor to PS2 we would be off to greener pastures, but there isn't. So we still play PS2 with some Arma3 mixed in.
Old 2013-12-18, 09:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Inertia

Old 2013-12-18, 09:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Fazed
Corporal

what's inertia all about?
Old 2013-12-18, 09:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
diLLa
Staff Sergeant

We as an outfit try to keep it interesting for our members, which makes a lot of us keep coming back. We avoid the zerg and go for fun and interesting fights.

You don't actually have to zerg.. If you only go with the zerg, then of course it's going to be boring..

Last edited by diLLa; 2013-12-18 at 09:14 AM.
Old 2013-12-18, 09:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
synkrotron
First Sergeant

Misc Info

I'm still new to PS2... Perhaps, in a couple of months, my interest will wane. In the meantime I wish I could play every day. I'm addicted... Can't explain why...
Old 2013-12-18, 09:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Fazed
Corporal

Originally Posted by diLLa View Post
We as an outfit try to keep it interesting for our members, which makes a lot of us keep coming back. We avoid the zerg and go for fun and interesting fights.

You don't actually have to zerg.. If you only go with the zerg, then of course it's going to be boring..
Of course of course, everyone gets to say this.
If you read my post you see I wrote zerg or bezerg'd, by this I ment whenever you go do your little stuff away from the zerg, then instead of being part of your team's zerg you become part of the ennemy's zerg which grinds on you until you move to some other deserted base. There's no fun doing that, capping empty bases is lame.
Old 2013-12-18, 11:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Fazed View Post
what's inertia all about?
Players that login continue to login.

Old 2013-12-18, 01:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Emperor Newt
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
Players that login continue to login.
Until they stop.
Old 2013-12-18, 02:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
almalino
First Sergeant

I play because I like to shoot other people. PS2 works just fine.
Old 2013-12-18, 03:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
diLLa
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Fazed View Post
Of course of course, everyone gets to say this.
If you read my post you see I wrote zerg or bezerg'd, by this I ment whenever you go do your little stuff away from the zerg, then instead of being part of your team's zerg you become part of the ennemy's zerg which grinds on you until you move to some other deserted base. There's no fun doing that, capping empty bases is lame.
Who said empty bases?

We find our own good fights to go for, we don't need a zerg to instruct us where to go. There are plenty of small/medium scale battles usually going on on the miller server.
Old 2013-12-18, 04:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
OCNSethy
Major

I often asked myself that question. Ive been playing since Nov 2012, two to three times a week. New titles have come and gone and Im still playing.

Sometimes Ill log in and look at the map and its like... "really? are we still fighting over that base... again?" and other times is "Great! We are fighting there again!!"

I guess its the variety of the fights, sometime I have great runs other times Im not so flash... I never know till I get in there. I think its also to do with the variety of the classes I can pull.

A big part of it is playing with an outfit. Most of my outfit is in a different time zone (2 hrs ahead of me). I love it when we can all play together and kick butt as a team.

All in all, I keep playing coz I like the game, the people and have fun. Sure, I may rage at my monitor, slam my mouse down and curse myself for being a idiot but thats all part of the fun.

Last edited by OCNSethy; 2013-12-18 at 04:57 PM.
Old 2013-12-19, 12:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Ruffdog
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by synkrotron View Post
I'm still new to PS2... Perhaps, in a couple of months, my interest will wane. In the meantime I wish I could play every day. I'm addicted... Can't explain why...
I used to be like you.

Then one day I decided I really needed to find out what all the fuss was about with Mass Effect 3 and its ending before I read a spoiler. Now I have no desire to return to Auraxis without some additions that aren't hats.

Old 2013-12-19, 02:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
camycamera
Major

my outfit, its scale (it is my dream game), the variety of playstyles and unlockables, its potential in the future, it being constantly updated....

it is really the only MP FPS game i played regularly, i used to be a BF2142 player and loved it, but then it died so i moved on to BFBC2, i liked it as well, but i wished it was bigger. then i got a better PC, played BF3, was disappointed with it, espesially with all of the DLC bullshit they threw in, and have been playing PS2 ever since.

i have been following this game right from the start, i did not hardly get to participate in the beta that much at all because that was back when my PC was crap.

anyway, PS2 does what the BFs of old do, but bigger. and it is constantly changing and updating, and that keeps me here.
Old 2013-12-19, 04:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Illtempered
First Sergeant

The human element: My outfit, the characters, heroes and villains, and the psychology of it all, has kept me subbed for ten years.

Because of the performance patch, and the new deal on daily member sales, I may resub after this year is up, even though I hadn't planned to. The servers are nice and busy during the daytime too, so I'm having a lot more hope for the game.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion