Infiltration suit help - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: You�re a very, very bad man.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-06-21, 11:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Tubblers
Private

Infiltration suit help

Ok, I normally play a grunt sort of person. I use medium assualt and I use hacking. But I've realized that I'm bored with the usual suspense of it, and want to switch to a lighter infaltration sort of person. I just need a little help with stealth and avoidance because most of my stealth experience is in other games like the Hitman games and Thief, but Planetside is much different.
Old 2003-06-22, 12:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Re: Infiltration suit help

Originally posted by Tubblers
I just need a little help with stealth and avoidance because most of my stealth experience is in other games like the Hitman games and Thief, but Planetside is much different.
Some of the best infiltrator advice I've ever seen is to do the following: Pretend you are not actually invisible. Once you get the hang of acting stealthy, you will have much greater success with infiltrating.
Old 2003-06-22, 12:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
MilitantB0B
Colonel

Never run unless you are absolutley sure there is no enemy in the area. If there is even a chance of enemy presence, crouch walk. If you see the Darkligh icon appear over someones head, run like hell or shoot like a madman, depends on your mood and situation. When shooting non automatic pistols (in other words, any pistol but the AMP) learn your rate of fire. If you hold the trigger down, you will be visible in between shots as well as while shooting. If you tap when you know your next shot is, you will only be visible while shooting. Don't blow your cover on a kill if it is avoidable. Your job is not to kill soldiers, it is to hack Control points, blow terms, tubes, and generators (with the aid of Combat engineering, a must have for a infiltrator). Patience is a must. Don't hide in corners, if you can avoid it at all, it is the first place they look for infiltrators. Your main job is to scare the enemy. If you aren't there to hit an objective (ie, you aren't hacking the CC or blowing anything up) then your first job is to avoid being caught. The fact that they know you are there, but can't find you is almost more damaging then the kills you actually make. Never camp a spot in a base. Once you have been spotted or have killed someone, move to a different spot. There is nothing more noticeable then a semi-invisible person. If someone starts spraying in your general direction, remain cool, he probably doesn't know where4 you are, he is guessing and if you move, he has won. If you come to a friendly CC being hacked by the enemy, kill the hacker first, his backup will kill you, but you have ended the hack and possibly killed their only hacking certified person, making the procces much longer. Pair up with another infiltrator if you can (and he is good so he doesn't get you in trouble) half the time, if somebody sees a infiltraotr (not with darklight, but the outline they give off while moving) they will only hunt till they have killed a infiltrator, not every infiltrator. I can't tell you how many times I have been saved because anothwer infiltrator in the area was killed and they just stopped looking. Thats all I can think of for now, I amy be back with more.
Old 2003-06-22, 12:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Trebor95
First Sergeant

I'm not the worlds best infiltrator but for a while I was one, I found I used to follow people through doors in an enemy base, that way suspicious door openings are avoided.

i also used to lay traps at towers, say I was there alone defending and an enemy reaver or vehicle came along I would abandon the CC (if there were more than a single guy) and lay a boomer under the vehicle or outside somewhere where I knew they would be running, I would then get to cover and wait for them to leave, as they were entering the vehicle etc. I would detonate the boomer, hopefully killing the men.

Of course this may not be a good idea, just I protected a few towers this way once.
Old 2003-06-22, 01:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
BUGGER
Major General

Misc Info

if br12, get imp. surg and silent run. And if you see an enemy either walk or stop, never fire when you go face to face with them unless if they start shooting you.

http://mrchevys3.blogspot.com/

Living is easy with eyes closed.
Old 2003-06-22, 02:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
SumYungGui
Staff Sergeant

I like my saboteur set up. all the infiltrator fixins plus combat engineer cert. get into an enemy base, hack their terminals, blow everything to hell and back with boomers (mm, spawn tubes. they take like three boomers apiece though ick)then start laying mines wherever you can and the like.

/me snickers as he remember the good old days of beta when he got 7 people with one boomer at a vehicle terminal
Old 2003-06-22, 11:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Tubblers
Private

Thanks everyone for all this help. This info shall make me much better at infiltration and get me alot more fun out of the game.
Old 2003-06-22, 12:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

I've been thinking about trying in Infil. suit. Looks like fun.
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2003-06-22, 02:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
BigFreak
Sergeant Major

Yea, I have far more fun on my infil char, than my regular grunt. Blowing the hell out of maxs is always good; Killing a max with a striker, 4 rockets, killing a max with 2 boomers, priceless

MilitantBob's post was good, and I learnt most of my ninja-zkillz from the stealther guide on the official PS webby, but switch Repeater for AMP most of the time, cos you can shoot out of dark light range, which is always good
Old 2003-06-22, 02:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Streamline
Second Lieutenant

I'm not the worlds best infiltrator but for a while I was one, I found I used to follow people through doors in an enemy base, that way suspicious door openings are avoided.
Good advise, sucks when you gotta blow a mine in front of the door though. But still, if someone is listening very carefully. They can hear doors being unlocked. If i don't absolutly have to. I don't use my REK and i always try to keep a jammer holstered. Other that that i play stealth pertty close to as if i weren't cloaked.

In thief your movement dictates what the npc could see and hear. PS is really no different except that we aren't npcs. We're real ppl that like to spam. And the stealth suit is like a shadow over you all the time. The more things you are doing the more visible you are. So don't go running around with your weapon out. Other than that i usually move around the same way as if i didn't have a stealth suit on.
Old 2003-06-22, 02:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Seer
Major

Actually, you'd be amazed at how well the tactics you learned in single player stealth games work while playing against the real people in planetside. Things like waiting until everyone is looking the other way, not tripping noisy automatic defenses, not making a lot of noise period, hiding behind objects, escaping to low traffic areas--believe me, they work. Definitely act like you're not invisible, the stealth suit's abilities should be used as a last resort. Oh, and third person camera looks around corners--learn it, love it.

With a couple relevant implants, it feels and plays almost exactly like a stealth game.

Last edited by Seer; 2003-06-22 at 02:49 PM.
Old 2003-06-22, 10:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
MilitantB0B
Colonel

I know this post is old hat by now, but I just remebered one of the things that has saved my butt many a time.
If you are just going from point A to point B or if sneakiness is of absolute priority, then always have either a jammer grenade or a Frag grenade holstered. Every other pistol slot weapon (to the best of my knowledge) is veiwable on your belt by others. The frag and jammer grenades don't show up, that is one less thing shimmering around while you move. That helps quite a bit I find.
Old 2003-06-23, 12:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
HawkEye
Major

Misc Info

if ur an infil u shuold get melee booster it owns peeps that are not in MAX suits. i had a char in late beta that had it. i cuold take down a reinforced in 2-3 knife slashes it rocked. plus it only drains 10 stanmina a slash. so it wont drain if ur not slashing.
Old 2003-06-23, 12:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Intruder
First Sergeant

Distraction is your best friend, when they are looking at something else its not you.

Drop a boomer somewhere, detonate it when enemys close, they will run over to investigate, sneak in at will

The second one he was in his skeeter
Old 2003-06-23, 12:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
JLeeAZN
Sergeant

My Old-Fashioned(Everyone hates me) Way of InFiLtRaTiNg:
-Get an Infil. with advanced hacking
-Get to a tower, that you know will be get hot, or get to a hot tower, and make your way to the bottom
-After the tower is in Enemy possesion, hack a term, and get and Anti-Infantry MAX of your empire and camp the damn respawn, and if your about to get screwed, turn back to infil. and just chill forawhile - then repeat the process!

You can also do this on an enemy base - now that you can respawn at a hacked base

~Knifing Snipers from behind is ==MeaN== <===== So do it
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion