Another Stealther looking for help - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I have a feeling that Captain Planet would not approve.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-04-04, 02:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
ZeroRaven
Private

Another Stealther looking for help

I recently became a stealther because, quite frankly, all the fps games i've played in the past weren't enough to prepare me for real life opponents. At the moment, i have the following certs:

Engineering
Air Calvary ( or whichever gives you the reaver and skeeter)
Infil suit

I'm currently using the surge implant. I was using the melee booster, but i'm giving them all a try (from advice i've seen in other forms).

I know that i can be doing more and there are certs or implants i SHOULD be using, i just don't know which ones. Any help would be appreciated. I'm not sure what kind of player i'm looking to be in terms of support or killing, i'm just after the most exp.
Old 2004-04-04, 03:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
HawkEye
Major

Misc Info

if ur gonna be infil alot get Combat engy. its fun laying boomers and spitfires and shit.
also u will prolly wanna get hack and adv hack. as for implants surge wuold be good for a good first implant. then at later br's get melee booster.
Old 2004-04-04, 04:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
BigFreak
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by HawkEye
if ur gonna be infil alot get Combat engy. its fun laying boomers and spitfires and shit.
also u will prolly wanna get hack and adv hack. as for implants surge wuold be good for a good first implant. then at later br's get melee booster.
A well summed, to the point, and useful wee guidey thing. Nice one.

AKA I can't really think of anything to add.
Old 2004-04-04, 04:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
ZeroRaven
Private

Should i keep the vehicle certs or drop them for the CE and hack certs since i have surge?
Old 2004-04-04, 04:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
scarpas
Captain

Originally Posted by ZeroRaven
, i'm just after the most exp.

uhh... if you want exp be a grunt
Old 2004-04-04, 04:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
ZeroRaven
Private

Originally Posted by scarpas
uhh... if you want exp be a grunt
Being a grunt seems to just get me killed. If this were a one player game, i'd pwn it. If i'm not able to be a good stealther, i'll prolly go back to being a grunt.
Old 2004-04-04, 05:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

I would stay with CE and surge, boomers are good ways to kill things, and if you plant a mine at the feet of a max that isn't moving you are assured a kill.

Also i would drop the devil dogs for a better outfit alot of peopel i know in it are getting sick of it.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-04-04, 05:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
ZeroRaven
Private

I see no problem with the devil dogs atm. I'm basically in cause the friend that got me into PS is apart of it and got me a invite. Thanks for the advice btw
Old 2004-04-04, 06:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
ZeroRaven
Private

Think i'll drop Air Cav. for CE and ATV certs, whacha think? Do i really need a vehicle while i have the surge implant?
Old 2004-04-04, 06:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

yes you need a vech, the wraith is good for sneaking in places.

That sounds good.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-04-04, 06:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
EarlyDawn
Major General

Use the AMP. That gun is a beast against anything soft. At close range, run up and bulletspam them to death, at range, pluck away. If I'm not mistaken, it's the most powerful gun hit for hit (Not refering to the Magscatter, because each one of those pellets are minibullets).

Also, use Enhanced Targetting to see who you can and can't take. Regeneration is key for healing in the field without having to carry or loot medpacks, and is ideal because the infil suit is made for sitting in a corner. That helps cut the stamnia drain. Finally, once this patch comes out, you'll want Sensor Shield to mask you from Interlink, Motion Sensors, Spitfires, and Mosquito Overflight Radar (You can actually dodge this one by holding totally still, but using Sensor Shield will let you run around without detection.)

I would reccomend your inventory consist of

1 AMP (Holster)
1 box of ammo
2 ACEs
1 REK

It's probably advisable that you pick up at least the basic hacking cert so you can hack into a locker and retrieve more supplies inside a base or tower, plus it makes your door hacks faster.

[Edit: Rbstr's on the ball. Pick up ATV before Hacking]

Last edited by EarlyDawn; 2004-04-04 at 07:06 PM.
Old 2004-04-04, 07:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Good advice from EarlyDawn. I would say drop air cav for now, but keep it in mind for later. If you're looking to score xp mostly right now and looking to be a cloaker let me give my .02. At BR6 you should have the infil suit, engineering and combat engineering. For your transport cert I would say get the AMS, it's best not to count on others to bring along your mobile spawn/inventory point as you'll be chewing through inventory fast. For your single implant I would say melee booster, but that's a matter of personal preference. You should concentrate your efforts on defense at bases, and you should go out of your way to try and defend only bases which have the interlink benefit. Once you get to a base with the interlink benefit, pay close attention to the HUD and try and get an idea which direction the enemy is coming from and which entrance to the base they're concentrating on getting into. Once you know that, find an area where a decent number seem to be passing by and start working on your spitfire timing. The key to spitfire timing is laying them as somebody is running past you. Lay them a split second too early and they'll see the green stuff and light the area up and kill you. Hopefully you're able to also time it so that nobody else happens to be looking in your direction when you do it.
Because you have the interlink benefit, the spit will pop up and shoot them and continue to shoot them even after they freeze their movement (it takes a second for them to register that the spit isn't stopping), but before that first spit has even popped up you need to run parallel to your target, ACE circle on the ground waiting for the first spit to pop up and the circle to go green letting you know you can lay it. If they're lucky enough to take out the first spit, second will almost certainly take them out. Now rifle through their inventory, see if there's any pistols you can use. Keep doing this with the spits until you run out of ACEs. Once you're out of ACEs you can either run back to the AMS (boring) or see how many guys you can stab before they find you (the most fun in the game). Keep in mind that 95% of the people you come up against are going to die in 2 stabs, and the 1st one is pretty much free unless they're paying amazing attention. Get into secondary mode, turn on melee booster and start crouch walking around. I recommend keeping secondary mode on from a distance from your target, I find far fewer people notice the sound if it gradually gets closer to them instead of suddenly turning on. Once you get to your target's back, get out of your crouch because if they make a defense move and you're crouched it's a quick fight. When stabbing, aim at the bulk of their bodies. Crouched snipers will have their head as the main target but the knife doesn't register all blows to the head. Take the time to look down at the bulk of their bodies and stab there. If they jump up and start circling after you stab once, relax. You only need to land one more blow. You won't win every time, but with practice you will the majority.

As you increase in levels I recommend:

Medic (carrying a med applicator can keep you in the field for a long time)
Hacking & Adv Hacking (Wouldn't get one without the other, jacking AMSs is a blast)
Air Cav
Possibly the tank cert, especially with adv hacking. Find a buddy, both cert in the Vanguard and squad up all the time. Take turns driving and gunning, once you get good you'll rack up xp. Make sure your buddy gets engineering as well, both of you fixing the tank in the field is imperative. When your buddy isn't around you get the chance to kill tank crews repairing their tank in the field, and jack their ride away from them. Nice feeling of satisfaction there.

For implants I recommend Enhanced Targetting (You can't put a price on finding somebody in the field that will take one stab without secondary mode, total silent assassin that almost nobody notices). Also, if you do get the tank cert then enhanced targetting is pretty much necessary. As an added bonus it doesn't drain stamina so you can use it all the time. Since you'll have CE, keep an eye on tanks which are getting close to dying and make a run right up to them to lay a mine under their treads. Now run like hell, cause it's gonna hurt bad when it blows up.
Surge is about to get changed around, so the third implant will probably be smarter to have Silent Run or whatever they're gonna call it. I haven't bothered with that on the test server, so can't really say for sure.
Old 2004-04-04, 07:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
EarlyDawn
Major General

Oh, and if you have engineering, a nice cloaker support loadout would be a BANK, some grenades (Plasmas, maybe some jammers) 1 tube of extra glue, a REK and a gun with no extra ammo. If your teammates need repair, patch them, otherwise, follow them and provide support with grenades.
Old 2004-04-04, 07:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
SurrealBeingXX
Private

sweet advice guys, thx much
Old 2004-04-04, 07:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
ZeroRaven
Private

Yes, thanks alot, i'll give these idea a try and hopefully you'll see the stats in my sig skyrocket. I'll let you know how it goes tonight. Feel free to add more, can never know too much.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion