Alert feedback for jweathers. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Taking Cyssor, One fish at a time.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-05-25, 09:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Alert feedback for jweathers.

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...alerts.128779/

"We're putting in new alerts soon and I'm planning to adjust the alert trigger frequency. Let me know if you guys want them to trigger more/less often.

Also, while on the subject, if you guys have ideas for future alert types feel free to post them here."

Share your thoughts on this here or in the official thread. (I will link this thread in the official thread)

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-05-25, 10:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Alert feedback for jweathers.

More often.

Especially with new varieties i would like to see an active alert essentially all the time.
Old 2013-05-25, 10:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

Currently alerts are fine in my opinion. Though don't put too much stock in my opinion, judging by how much I currently play.
Old 2013-05-25, 10:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

We have known that they are going to add in capture x amounts of facilities on a continent for some time now.

Personally I would like to see smaller alerts that happen on each continent independently of the major alerts like the above and the current alert.
Capture and hold a base for a certain amount of time (Might be hard to do without having one faction be at an advantage). Could just be for an hour.
Kill/destroy x amounts of infantry/armor. The faction with the most kills wins.
Each faction has to defend a held facility/base while taking at least one of the another faction's until the timer ends. Capturing every selected facility/base will result in a victory.
An LLU type alert, basicly capture the flag.

They could even add in some special affects for an alert. No radar. Pitch dark. Have some special equipment available during the alert. (This would obviously be far into the future)

I'm sure we can come up with some crazy and fun ideas.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.

Last edited by ChipMHazard; 2013-05-27 at 07:07 AM.
Old 2013-05-25, 11:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Shogun
Contributor
General

there needs to be an alert where we have to capture a special set of bases!

just capture # bases is the same as the old alerts.

but having to go for maybe 3 specific bases (ALL BIG BASES, no outposts) would mean a change. the bases have to be chosen by their acutal state to keep the alerts fair. it would be unfair, if all 3 bases are in one factions hand when the alert starts.

so the alert will only start, when all factions own at least one big base, so that every faction would have to otganise 1 defense and 2 attacks to win.

this alert type would force 3 big battles in contrast to the multizerging to all outposts and ignoring of bigger bases that the actual alerts seem to force.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2013-05-25, 11:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Shogun
Contributor
General

and i have an idea for another alert type, that would need a new(old) mechanic.

alert: destroy the latticelink!

this would be an LLU/module type of game. it only triggers when a faction has almost taken the whole cont, and it only triggers for the other 2 factions. would give the specop teams something to do without having to hack and hold facilities.

several bases will spawn LLUs that can be taken away by anyone. taking an llu to an own base will steal the enemies bases benefit and add it to the own base.
and enemies will have to get the llu back to its original base, to restore their lattice and benefits. the llu will dissolve when it is brought to a warpgate or other out of bound zone, and a new one will spawn in the original base.

not sure how to restrict transport of an llu with all the seatswitching and stuff. maybe you can only use a rumbleseat while holding an llu.

it´s just a rough idea, but i think there is a lot of potential in there, what alerts could do for specops and how the lattice can get more meaning. and it would be a nice way to introduce some llu gameplay without forcing it on everybody.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2013-05-25, 12:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Wonder if it would be possible to have outfit alerts? As in alerts given to outfits; different alerts based on the different outfit sizes? (Large outfits getting cap facilities alert, medium/small getting something spec ops like)
Wonder if something like this could work.

Last edited by ChipMHazard; 2013-05-25 at 01:05 PM.
Old 2013-05-25, 01:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
CrimsonTemplar
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by ChipMHazard View Post
Wonder if it would be possible to have outfit alerts? As in alerts given to outfits; different alerts focusing based on the different outfit sizes? (Large outfits getting cap facilities alert, medium/small getting something spec ops like)
Who knows mon amis? Who knows...*mind sores with possibilities*.

I'd certainly opt for an Idea like that.
Old 2013-05-25, 06:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
and i have an idea for another alert type, that would need a new(old) mechanic.

alert: destroy the latticelink!
I stopped reading right here, and started applauding!
More ways for people to disrupt the lattice would be great provided it caters to the smaller, more organized 'spec op' types.

Of course, with your proposal, we'd need more tangible base bennies to really make 'em worth it. It could be though that maybe opening up new links would be worth it (running an LLU/mod) without having to include benefits.

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Old 2013-05-25, 06:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Vashyo
First Sergeant

I'd like a small alert to be on nearly all the time, this would give you a constant purpose to do something and would really encourage tactical gameplay to happen even more often.

As for alert types, how about "King of the Hill" Where you have to control some bases right in the middle of the map
Old 2013-05-25, 07:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by Vashyo View Post
As for alert types, how about "King of the Hill" Where you have to control some bases right in the middle of the map
Middle of the map? Oh, you mean like the Cro... Oh, you bastard...

Old 2013-05-25, 07:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Vashyo
First Sergeant

Middle of the map? Oh, you mean like the Cro... Oh, you bastard...
Actually I didn't think about it like that, lol.

Like the new crown though, much better.
Old 2013-05-25, 07:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by Vashyo View Post
Actually I didn't think about it like that, lol.

Like the new crown though, much better.

Aye, same here.

Old 2013-05-25, 07:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Wonder if it would be possible to have outfit alerts? As in alerts given to outfits; different alerts based on the different outfit sizes? (Large outfits getting cap facilities alert, medium/small getting something spec ops like)
Mainly it would alienate and annoy the large number of players not in outfits.
Old 2013-05-25, 09:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

I enjoy winning alerts, not so fond of getting steamrolled day after day.
The alert system was something I thought they added to distract us from the lack of "end game".
I think it does this quite well but now if we are expanding the alert (event) system does that mean we are still quite a long way from that elusive "end game"?

I know things are coming and so is xmas but I'm really looking forward to a goal like continent locking.
Something that makes what I am fighting for a little worthwhile.
I read and hear people in game crying over losing a particular continent or ghost hacking an empty one.
It means nothing when a few hours later someone else on the other factions does exactly the same thing.

As for alert feedback we did that over a month ago and we already know roughly what they plan to add to it next.

If the question from Jon is do we want them to trigger more/less often, then wouldnt a simple poll be easier?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion