Lattice Lanes - PS2 For Dummies - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hammanator?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-05-25, 01:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
subDii
Private

Lattice Lanes - PS2 For Dummies

http://imgur.com/a/s94TS

Old 2013-05-25, 01:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
MrMak
Sergeant Major

Re: Lattice Lanes - PS2 For Dummies

All i got to say about thiese "insightfull" images.

I too was once against he lattice.....then i got tired of dealing excessive ghost caping, zergs that avoid eachother and not being able to prepare a defence before the enemy is inside the base bacouse they mag o to any of the 5 or 6 bases connected to theo ne they jsut took.

Last edited by MrMak; 2013-05-25 at 01:34 PM.
Old 2013-05-25, 01:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
RykerStruvian
Staff Sergeant

the only people actually complaining about lattice lines are the 1%
Old 2013-05-25, 01:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Tom Peters
Master Sergeant

Why are you so upset?

The new system is excellent and makes the battles extremely consistent and exciting rather than it being all random and distorted.
Old 2013-05-25, 01:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Shogun
Contributor
General

must be one of those famous "specops" who used to avoid the enemy to capture empty bases. that´s the only group of players that might be pissed about the lattice and call it dumbing down.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2013-05-25, 02:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
subDii
Private

Originally Posted by MrMak View Post
http://youtu.be/XAT15I-QnBY

All i got to say about thiese "insightfull" images.

I too was once against he lattice.....then i got tired of dealing excessive ghost caping, zergs that avoid eachother and not being able to prepare a defence before the enemy is inside the base bacouse they mag o to any of the 5 or 6 bases connected to theo ne they jsut took.
Sure hope I see the "light" as you now do about lattice, at least by the time it becomes a part of all the other continents. But so far I'm not digging it. Feels like it's taking strategic depth away from flanking maneuvers.

edit: English

Last edited by subDii; 2013-05-25 at 02:15 PM.
Old 2013-05-25, 02:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Rat
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by subDii View Post
Sure hope I see the "light" as you now do about lattice, at least by the time it becomes a part of all the other continents. But so far I'm not digging it. Feels like it's taking strategic depth away from flanking maneuvers.

edit: English
If anything, flanking is easier now...don't use the lane use the lane when trying to flank!!!
Old 2013-05-25, 03:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Snydenthur
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
must be one of those famous "specops" who used to avoid the enemy to capture empty bases. that´s the only group of players that might be pissed about the lattice and call it dumbing down.
And what is stopping using that tactic now? Still happens a lot. Ps2 players aren't interested in defending, since you don't gain anything for it and it's generally a lot harder, since people are afraid of leaving the spawn room. Lattice didn't change that, it just made the zerg follow a predefined line.
Old 2013-05-25, 04:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

So...your point?
The only major change the lattice needs would be the addition of drains.

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Old 2013-05-25, 09:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Koadster
Sergeant Major

replace sheep with Tanks/Sundies... thats PS2, hahaha.

Lattice in PS2 is actually quite dumbed down isnt it It seemed good in theory, but gaming has changed since PS1. Lattice feels like Metro64.. Only a few minor ways to attack a few places. No brains needed just a massive zerg/spam fest.

MuNrOe : Eat a Dick sandwich TR

Last edited by Koadster; 2013-05-25 at 09:57 PM.
Old 2013-05-25, 11:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Vashyo
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by RykerStruvian View Post
the only people actually complaining about lattice lines are the 1%
Actually if we look at the Roadmap and check the upvotes and downvotes

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...ements.126344/

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...ements.126346/

around 15-18% hate the lattice rest want more of it. So majority likes it more than the old system atleast =)
Old 2013-05-25, 11:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
dsi
Staff Sergeant

There are quite a few issues with PS2's lattice. PS1 vets got our wish, and as wishes tend to play out, we got exactly what we asked for and not much else.

There's no logistics (NTUs) to allow small scale engagements that matter to occur. PS2's territory was never intended for a lattice, and it shows. Holes like that don't exist in PS1's lattices, they just showed where you could get to from where, not where you have to go from where like PS2's lattice currently does.
Old 2013-05-25, 11:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
camycamera
Major

the funny thing is, it doesn't dumb it down, it adds more strategy.

found this image on PS2 forums, but basically instead of the TR from Ikanam being able to straight up attack auraxicom network hub, they are going to have to attack the amp station first, THEN you can attack aurax com. in a way it makes battles last longer, and make more sense.

another example is i remember seeing we had the crown, TI alloys and ceres i think but we were cut off, because the VS had cut off the lattice that connected TI and the crown by capping seabed. on the map without the lines it looked like the crown was connected, but it wasn't. and seabed was connected to VS, so in order to get back connection we had to get back seabed. with the hex system, this would have never happened, because the crown and TI would have been connected. but the lattice showed it didn't. it was really interesting.

also, the lattice makes those fights that last all day sometimes just like in PS1, and just like when Higgles made that trailer saying "play with hundreds of your closest friends", saying that battles could last for days etc.

and if it was in PS1, which was a tactics-heavy game, then in PS2 the lattice is tactical as well. now shut up.

people who hate the lattice are just ghost cappers and should not be playing the game in the first place. this game is about big, epic battles, not waiting around for 20mins for an empty base to cap then move on to the next closest base. do you have any other better ideas? no, so shut up.
Old 2013-05-25, 11:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Koadster
Sergeant Major

Thats Amerish, If there is a large force at Quarts ridge at indar excavation site your basically stuck there. Theres alot more stalemates now with the Lattice, but as its been said, The landscape was made for hexes not lattice which is why Esamir is getting a huge pass atm and Indar will get another one.

What if there is a large enemy force at Sungrey amp station, that picture becomes useless. Also there is no direct road you have to take the road to get to that base or use air.. Once again bad picture... Try again on indar.

MuNrOe : Eat a Dick sandwich TR

Last edited by Koadster; 2013-05-25 at 11:38 PM.
Old 2013-05-26, 06:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Sifer2
Major

I agree that the map isn't designed for the Lattice. You can feel it when two large forces meet, and engage one another. Infantry all huddling behind the few sparse rocks they can find for cover. Yet despite it the lattice still feels superior. Just because defense matters. That's the biggest thing of all. That you can look at the map, decide to send people to defend a certain critical link. And basically protect your territory that way so that you can send people on the offensive.

Where as under the HEX it's just so chaotic than whenever you send enough people to go attack, your basically just hoping that the enemy will not ghost cap all your stuff. Because they can. And it's incredibly frustrating to all the sudden see seven or more of your territories start flipping, and only having 3 minutes to try to save them but you can't spawn at most of them. People say that lattice just makes the game zerg to win. But if you think about it the HEX actually empowers raw numbers more. As there is no way for a smaller force to effectively spread out, and stop the larger one from just taking all their territory. It's why the Spartans had to fight the Persians at a chokepoint.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion