The War we were promised has arrived. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: TEH FUNNEY = NO!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-05-26, 09:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
TheAadvark
Corporal

The War we were promised has arrived.

I decided to post this here because I want to make sure people understand how much good the Lattice has done to PS 2.

Indar: Post lattice. My,my, where to begin.

The resolve of a platoon

TR captured West Highlands, Vanu zerg started to descend on us from Allatum. A half hour pitched battle ensued with the Vanu having the upper hand, because they had the high ground. Meter by agonizing meter they pushed us down and we pushed them back until finally they set up a sunderer on the hill towards Seabed listening post and rained maxes down on us. No laser show in the world had anything on that half an hour in Planetside 2.

After that defeat we re-organized at Indar Com. Array (this time we had the higher ground). Not a sound on in game voip, just SL’s and the PL giving orders. No jokes no chatter nothing. Only kill, kill, kill. For a good 35 minutes we were scrambling to defend the road that leads up to the rear of Indar Com., to the front raining hell down on their armor and sunderer’s. Then finally reinforcements arrive, we push hard murdering the last of the Heretics and then the glorious push back to West Highlands Point, cursing, laughing and gloating on how many kills each of us got like the battle hardened virtual soldiers we were.

--------------------------------

So I wrote this little piece about a single action that took place on Indar post lattice during an alert. The Battles are truly that, they are glorious. I have finally thrown my KDR to the wind to rush right into the maws of my enemy to make them pay for each step they take.

Why did we all sign up for Planetside 2. It was for these massive battles.

To those that say small outfitsare now defunct. We held a Vanu zerg, nothing to boast about we decided on Indar Comm. because the height was too our advantage. Of course we had to wait for reinforcements to arrive to really push them back ( thanks ODAM / V1C1 ), but that was the case before Lattice as well. And any way this game is all about cooperation between outfits large or small, you cannot do anything alone. Stuff your pride and set up a council and respond to when they are in need. You will even find yourselves saving larger outfits for your share of glory.

Even if we are under populated all we have to do is hold key facilities with multiple connections to stop their advance dead.

Thank you Developer's and the community. Dev's thank you for actually listening to us and interrupting your "production line" to deliver this to us.(Up yours EA) I truly believe this is the way forward.

Last edited by TheAadvark; 2013-05-26 at 09:53 AM.
Old 2013-05-26, 09:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

Re: The War we were promised has arrived.

God damnit. If my PC were better you'd see me on Indar a lot more. I've seen you around myself a couple of times, ya know. Us being in the same outfit and all.
Old 2013-05-26, 11:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Timealude
Captain

now they just need to fix lagdar so we can play with the lattice system more.
Old 2013-05-26, 12:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

There's a bit of a front line now as well. Overall, lattice is a great start!

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Old 2013-05-26, 12:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Rivenshield
Contributor
Major

OP ought to crosspost this on the official forums. There's three threads bitching about the lattice on the front page at any given time, and it worries me -- even when most of the posts in them are pro-lattice rebuttals. It's not impossible we might have it stripped out of our hands.
Old 2013-05-26, 01:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Crator
Major General

Is there that many player on the official forums complaining though? I rarely read the official forums anymore but just logged into them and noticed Figments thread right away (Stop blaming the lattice links for other systems being unrefined or not even there. ). If it's only a few players yelling loudly and frequently then I'm not certain there's that much to worry about.
Old 2013-05-26, 01:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Vashyo
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Crator View Post
Is there that many player on the official forums complaining though? I rarely read the official forums anymore but just logged into them and noticed Figments thread right away (Stop blaming the lattice links for other systems being unrefined or not even there. ). If it's only a few players yelling loudly and frequently then I'm not certain there's that much to worry about.
The official forums are allways full of terror and despair no matter what SOE is gonna add/change. Some people act like their life has ended over the lattice.

If oyu look at the roadmap, more people want the lattice on both Esamir and Amerish too so it's just the vocal minority making some noise I'd wager.

atm hot anger topics are the lattice and ZOE max, I feel ZOE max gets much more hate than the lattice

Last edited by Vashyo; 2013-05-26 at 01:42 PM.
Old 2013-05-26, 01:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
KodanBlack
Sergeant

The problem is that the squeeky wheel generally gets the grease. I fear that everything may eventually be "balanced" to the point where everything simply feels the same. That said, I've been very happy with the way SOE has been handling their balancing acts. A tough feat to be sure.
Old 2013-05-26, 02:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
TheDrone
Sergeant

I'm pretty much a PS1 vet.

I wasn't excited for PS2. Until they announced the hex lay-out.

Please don't try to speak for me. Nuance is your friend.
Old 2013-05-26, 03:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
TheAadvark
Corporal

Originally Posted by TheDrone View Post
I'm pretty much a PS1 vet.

I wasn't excited for PS2. Until they announced the hex lay-out.

Please don't try to speak for me. Nuance is your friend.
Until they or we can figure out a way to implement both the lattice and the Hex , lets stick with the lattice till then.

Oh and hey EvilNinja yea I've seen you around.

Last edited by TheAadvark; 2013-05-26 at 03:31 PM.
Old 2013-05-26, 06:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
StumpyTheOzzie
Second Lieutenant

Now we just need to be able to disable the gens in the back field and break the lattice link to the enemy frontline. With the consequent loss of all bonuses provided from the back bases.
Old 2013-05-26, 07:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by StumpyTheOzzie View Post
Now we just need to be able to disable the gens in the back field and break the lattice link to the enemy frontline. With the consequent loss of all bonuses provided from the back bases.
Yop. Good ol GenHolds.

Also, gotta need NTU, as it allows for really defendable bases. Cant take the base directly? Drain it!
Old 2013-05-27, 06:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Canaris
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by bpostal View Post
There's a bit of a front line now as well. Overall, lattice is a great start!
+1 I even saw so many more footzergs supporting armour column advances down the roadways of the canyons with the defenders being pushed back setting up ad-hock ambush sites along the routes because they knew the enemy were coming their way, felt a lot more like PS1 out of the bases during pushes and defenses.

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2013-05-27, 07:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
camycamera
Major

yes, the lattice is glorious!

the minority group arguing against is just louder.
Old 2013-05-27, 08:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Snipefrag
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Just wanted to add my 2c... The laattice wasnt thw silver bullet but it was the biggest snd best addition to the game yet.. great job devs. Now you have a formula that works roll it out to the other conts and then the new ones.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion