What class/vehicle do you have the most certs in, and why? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Now 90% more addictive!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-05-28, 11:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Assist
Contributor
Major

What class/vehicle do you have the most certs in, and why?

I'm curious what you guys have dumped your certs into since release. I recently rolled a TR character and have realized there's not as many things in the game that I think is 'needed'. But then I look at my VS br100 and realize how many dumb things I have put certs into over the past months. I was talking to my co-worker, whose BR 35ish, about what to spend certs on and it's just weird to think about buying new weapons with station cash rather than certs. So I looked on the Planetside 2 Players site and saw that BR35ish is only around 6,000+ certs, whereas a BR100 is 84,000+ certs.

Just doing some quick math, I think I actually have more certs into my Galaxy than any other vehicle or class. (For some reason I thought having a fully certed Galaxy was a good idea). Between the 4 guns, the Galaxy itself, and then acquisition time I think it adds up to the most of any class I have put certs into.

I'm wondering though what you guys have your certs in, what do you wish you had/hadn't put certs into(Skyguard), and if I'm the only one out there who tries to keep a reserve a certs for new weapons that could come out..
Old 2013-05-28, 11:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Re: What class/vehicle do you have the most certs in, and why?

Engineer and Sunderer. Because dirty and boring also has to be done.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2013-05-28, 11:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
KarrdeBRBU
Corporal

Magrider and LA are prolly my biggest cert dumps. I have the loadouts I use pretty much maxed. Really love my IR smoke and max reload speed on saron. Gives me the edge in CQC vs other tanks while still keeping most HAs off me since the vast majority of ppl use lockons. I'm still total phoenix bait though, so max rank rival combat helps me get back behind stuff to rep. Also we all pretty much run max engi tool so it's hard to kill me without a group all hitting me at once. Very easy to overextend in a mag since it's so manuverable though.
Old 2013-05-28, 12:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Qwan
Captain

I would have to say Light assault, Max and sunderer. Either im Max charging, setting up an AMS or C4ing some poor tank.
Old 2013-05-28, 12:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
GeoGnome
First Sergeant

Harasser for vehicle: Because those things are 1000 more satisfying than prowlers. And I almost exclusively act as driver, because I like being a counter to senseless people who say: "No one would want to drive a vehicle, that would be boring!"

My infantry preferred class kind of changes from time to time. For the longest time it was Engineer and Infiltrator. Now it's becoming LA and Engineer. I do mess around with HA somewhat, but it's only because HAs have my favorite gun in the game: The Bull.

In terms of aircraft, I usually just use a mossy, but honestly I am going to put some Major time into galaxies, because they are just more interesting and look like they will be getting some damn fine utility in the coming months
Old 2013-05-28, 12:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
KarrdeBRBU
Corporal

Driving my harasser is amazing. I've always enjoyed dedicated driver roles (in PS1 I was a mag driver, we would keep V columns up for hours at a time without a death). It's amazing if you have a good gunner who can aim the fury while I'm making top speed turns or running circles around tanks. Lightnings are so fun to fight since it's pretty easy to keep out of their gun's line of fire at point blank.
Old 2013-05-28, 12:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Shogun
Contributor
General

sunderer only.

because i don´t use any other vehicles and need the certs for engineer.
i used to be fulltime supporter, and still hope this playstyle will get some love in ps2 some day.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2013-05-28, 12:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
ringring
Contributor
General

Prowler, lightning

Medic, engy and heavy but now speccing up max.

I've put some certs into infil and LA, but I don't like those classes and hardly ever play them.
Old 2013-05-28, 12:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
RANDOMpercent
Private

Magrider for vehicle
HA and Engy for infantry
I think I've put a total of 9 certs in my Gal.
Old 2013-05-28, 12:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Frotang
Staff Sergeant

Around 15k certs invested into to my MAX
And I believe reaver is my highest vehicle at 17% or so.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
Old 2013-05-28, 12:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Crator
Major General

Heavy Assault: Cause I like using anti-tank & anti-air the most
Sunderer: AMS
Old 2013-05-28, 12:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Wahooo
Captain

I've spread them around quite a bit, but i'm pretty sure Engie and Sundy have the most. Max has a lot even though I'm only in it maybe 20% or less of my game time.

My infil probably has the fewest certs/time served than any of my classes. I only recently put claymors on it, only a few scopes for different weapons and save for the tier 5 nano-weave hardly any suit up grades. VS my medic which is like 2% of my play time and I have a bunch of certs into it.

Liberator might be my highest $$ and Cert dump per time played. I flew quite a bit in Beta and first week of release but the people I flew/bombed with and traded flytime / guntime with pretty much stopped playing a long time ago.
Old 2013-05-28, 12:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Selerox
Sergeant

Engineer, Galaxy, Lightning. In that order.

I've usually played Infantry Engineer or Gal pilot, but recently I've actively started using the Lightning which I much prefer over the Magrider. I do have certs into the Magrider, simply because it means I can spawn one and pass the driving duties to a squadmate.

I just like the handling of the Lightning, and the fact you can use it as a fast response unit. You can quickly move a lot of firepower out with a group of Lightnings, because they cover a lot of distance fast and with co-ordinated fire you can pound heavier targets pretty effectively.

As for the Galaxy, I just love the fact I can use it to help move my squad forward. Gal pilots still get virtually nothing at all for what they do, but it doesn't matter to me. It's a good way of contributing.
Old 2013-05-28, 12:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Galaxy - Fully Certed the Gal it's self. I have all upgraded weapons, but not much into them, as the Gal is about getting from point A to Point B.

Bang Bus - Fully certed. The Sundy is the most powerful vehicle in the game and therefore I have one out most all of the time. The core of Planetside is Spawncontrol.

Vanguard - Fully Certed. I also have both the HE and HEAT guns fully spec'd so that I can grab whichever role is best for the situation. I also have fully certed Ranger and Enforcer depending on the situation.

Reaver - Fully certed. Ok, I may be a level short somewhere, but most fully certed. Endless Flares too necessary, weapons are fully certed too.

Harrasser - Fully Certed. This thing is just too fun to drive and a fully certed AB makes it a fucking ninja in combat.

HA - Fully Certed, all suit options, EM6, SAW and Anchor.

MAX - Fully certed Hacksaws (Since first couple of days), Full Charge and Shield. Fully certed all three suit types.

LA - Full Thrusters, Adrenaline, C4, both grenades and the Cyclone.

Engy - Fully certed Engy Tool, Ammo Pack, I can carry maximum amount of each explosive. Cyclone is decked out too.

Infiltrator - Full Cloaking regen, Terminal Hacking, Spotting Tool, Maximum Betties. I have all grenade types and have fully certed 2 Sniper Rifles and the Blitz.

www.planetside-devildogs.com

Last edited by EVILPIG; 2013-05-28 at 01:13 PM.
Old 2013-05-28, 01:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
NUKABAZOOKA
Sergeant

Because MAX/Infiltrator is just too much fun, and Scythe/Lightning/Magrider are good farming vehicles.

Last edited by NUKABAZOOKA; 2013-05-28 at 01:03 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion