Sniper cheat, and I need help to catch him - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: put that is your backstory
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-10-27, 02:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
KodiakN03
Private

Exclamation Sniper cheat, and I need help to catch him

I�m going to post this in both the official forums and the Planetside Universe forums to get the best response. I�m sorry in advance to those of you who read both for the double post, but something must be done.

During this weekend�I�m not going to say the day, server, or empire names�I was witness to something that I find appalling that I plan on doing something about. I was trolling around in my Infi suit looking to kill snipers and AV/Decimator users in a couple of open field battles. As I was crouch-walking around I heard the telltale sound of multiple bolt driver shots. �Ooooh, goodie� I thought, �Multiple kill time�. As I crawled up to where I saw the multiple tracers coming from, I saw that there were only two players at this position. Only one had a sniper rifle. I thought to myself, �How can this be, I heard at least 4 shots in a row?� Then I saw it. The player let loose another six shots, without reloading, at a rate of fire a little slower than the Repeater pistol. I became extremely irate. As I maneuvered behind him I thought that it might have just been lag. But, then he maneuvered around a little and let off another 4 shots in a row. As I sat there with my Amp pistol drawn I thought �Should I send him a /tell calling him a hacker?�, �Should I let an admin know?�, �How can I prove this?� Then I remembered that the admins and all of you go by the mantra of �No proof..then It didn�t happen� (for good reason). I thought it was best to take down his name, and blow him away. His buddy didn�t even notice, so I reloaded and I killed him. I�ll just say he was using a noisy weapon and was firing at the time I killed the cheater. So now I know there is at least a bolt driver hack, and now I am setting out to prove it.

I am asking your help to catch this player and possibly his teammates that use this cheat. Please post here what you use to capture movies of your game playing so that I can get the proof I need to pass along to the admins. I don�t plan letting that guy know that I caught him when I do. My satisfaction will come when I get a reply e-mail back saying �Thank you for your help. That person�s account has been cancelled, and all of his characters deleted.�

PS, I know it was a bolt driver because:
1)The graphic was of a bolt driver.
2)It made bolt driver sounds.
3)It made bolt driver tracers.
4)The kills that he got showed the bolt driver graphic (he only got one kill with that 6 shot salvo, so he�s pretty bad at this game).
5)When I checked his backpack. It was a bolt driver(Agile armor), with bolt driver rounds.
Old 2003-10-27, 02:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
SERPUS
Sergeant

I bet if you drank a couple beers you wouldn't mind as much. Its just a game.
Old 2003-10-27, 02:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Phaden
Contributor
Major

It could just be bug, and hees not firing all 6rounds.
Old 2003-10-27, 02:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Lise
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by SERPUS
I bet if you drank a couple beers you wouldn't mind as much. Its just a game.

Miir knows best, but I think you need a video capture card of some kind (ATI or similar), a video-tape recorder, and... well, if you just want raw videoage, Windows Movie Maker would work I think.
Old 2003-10-27, 02:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Spider
General

You might have sound lag sometimes, don't worry about it...
Old 2003-10-27, 02:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

I've been pretty sure for a while that there was some sort of sniper hack, and a buddy has thought the same thing. My friend did the same thing, watching a sniper while in his infil gear and the guy was getting off 2 shots one after the other (and not switching rifles for those that think that's what's up).

You have to be a sad person to need to cheat at game like PS.
Old 2003-10-27, 02:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
TheRagingGerbil
Contributor
Major

You should have been able to see his kill spam too.

Check that next time and see if he is getting one shot kills.

I'm blaming lag for this one.
Old 2003-10-27, 02:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Nimbus
First Lieutenant

I've seen people on MY team do this before. I tried asking them about it and they logged off. I've tried to recreate it so I can report it but I've been unsuccessful thus far.
Old 2003-10-27, 02:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Spider
General

It's nothing, it's only lag... It's like when your lagging near a pheonix user and you can sometimes see (many times) 2 to 3 rockets being fired... only one was but the animation is stuck in a very very small loop. Same for the sound.
Old 2003-10-27, 02:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Lise
Second Lieutenant

On the other hand, vigilance for cheats is always a good thing.

Go for it, I say.
Old 2003-10-27, 04:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Javenn
Corporal

ya thats just like some times you can see right after a person shoots a gun really fast and the person keeps jerking back and forth looking like hes humping air... isn't it?
Old 2003-11-05, 01:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Tycho26
Private

It could also be a combination of lag and a device such as a Microsoft Strategic Commander where you can put in multiple commands and have them bound to a single key on the device. If he used something like this he can have it bound to be a reload, shoot, reload, shoot loop. Just a possibility.
Old 2003-11-05, 02:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Doppler
Contributor
Major

Dont dredge old threads.

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
Old 2003-11-05, 02:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Phaden
Contributor
Major

They will get pwned by the Hamma
Old 2003-11-05, 04:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
TeraHertz
Major

I suggest you use FRAPS, the ultimate cheater nabber,
get fraps here
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion