Newbie Question: F keys. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: How did Hitler really loose that testicle?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-11-04, 07:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
TeraHertz
Major

Newbie Question: F keys.

Right, I know,i know, stupid question; but I just couldn't figure it out. It's probably in the training missions, but PSide crashes every time I try to enter the HART shuttle in training. (its fine online though)

How the hell do I bind inventory to the F hotkeys (F1,F2 etc)

Most of the times I get killed, I am nailed while rumaging around in my backpack for a mine or a hack tool.
Old 2003-11-04, 07:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
DramaticFanatic
First Sergeant

I would also like to know.
Old 2003-11-04, 07:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
TeraHertz
Major

Oh, and another question. What are those nanite transporters for and whats the advantage of "harvesting" power. Will I get points for that?
It was kind of cool last night. Me and my platoon cruised into NC terriroty and took out a tower and base. The base's generator was destroyed so while my squad mopped up the last of the cloakers and gathered the troops in the courtyard to take the next base, I carefuly made my way to the generator room. I repaired the thing but the base power didn't come online. I assume I would have needed to go collect some power? There were some recepticles that all said empty.

If I had gone aaaalllll the way to a warp bubble, and powered up the base, would I get points for that?
If the base already had power and I topped it up would I get points?
Old 2003-11-04, 07:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

You don't bind inventory to function keys, or any keys for that matter.

The preferred method is to open your inventory, right click on the weapon you want to equip, and be sure that your currently equipped weapon won't be too big for the space that your target weapon-to-be-equipped will leave, or you will find yourself with a weapon glued to your mouse pointer and will have to hit escape to close inventory, thus dropping the item, or click the Destroy button.

The function keys default to implants, but I bind Surge to MouseWheel-Up and a healthkit to MouseWheel-Down (health kits seem to be an exception, as a cross icon is standard in your hotkey bar, with a number inside it if you have kits in your inventory).

Hope this helps. I know, it would rock to be able to hotkey weapons. Maybe some day.

edit: If you drive a fully-charged ANT to the NTU silo and deploy it, it will slowly begin transfering its charge to the base. You will get BEP for this, divided among your team.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired

Last edited by Veteran; 2003-11-04 at 07:38 AM.
Old 2003-11-04, 07:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Winged_Nazgul
Master Sergeant

The only thing you can bind to F Keys are implants and text macros. To bind implants, press o to open up your status window. You will see the icons for your various implants along the bottom of the window. Click and drop to the appropriate F Key slot on the bottom of your screen.

To bind macros, type /macro [macroname] [macrotext] you can also put /l, /b, /s, /p, etc between macroname and macrotext to make it send to local, broadcast, squad, or platoon. This will create a macro bubble that attaches to the end of your pointer. Just go over to the F key slot and click to set the macro.

You can right click on the F Key slot to clear its contents.

Each base has a percentage that shows up on the map. When it is at 90-100%, it is fully powered. At 0%, it goes neutral. You can use an ANT (available with any vehicle cert) to power up a base. Just deploy an ANT at any warpgate to fill it up with nanites and then deploy it at the NTU silo to fill up the base. You get a little bit of BEP for every 1% you fill up the base with your ANT.
Old 2003-11-04, 07:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
sutserikeru
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by TeraHertz
Oh, and another question. What are those nanite transporters for and whats the advantage of "harvesting" power. Will I get points for that?
It was kind of cool last night. Me and my platoon cruised into NC terriroty and took out a tower and base. The base's generator was destroyed so while my squad mopped up the last of the cloakers and gathered the troops in the courtyard to take the next base, I carefuly made my way to the generator room. I repaired the thing but the base power didn't come online. I assume I would have needed to go collect some power? There were some recepticles that all said empty.

If I had gone aaaalllll the way to a warp bubble, and powered up the base, would I get points for that?
If the base already had power and I topped it up would I get points?
Yeah, the ANT is what you need to get power back if its been drained. You take a cruise with it down to the warpgate and un-deploy it. What a few mins for it to charge up, then hop back in head back over to the drained base, drive up to the empty silo and deploy it. This then activates some thing that attracts the NTU (power) to the silo, not-needed information. And yes, you do get BEP for silo fills. About 10 every second and a half when going solo, and about 3-7 BEPs for being in squad. If you have a completly drained cont, you can get some massive points. Yes you can fill a silo even its only at 90%
Hope that helps
Old 2003-11-04, 07:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
sutserikeru
First Sergeant

I heard they were going to allow players to bind the ACE (in boomer mode) to the F keys, taking up 3 slots... But that got shot down in beta.
Old 2003-11-04, 08:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

MedKits are also able to bind to F keys.

Old 2003-11-04, 12:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
TeraHertz
Major

You cant? Damn :-/
Still, thanks guys. I suppose it makes sence, it'd kind of negate the point of holsters if you could just whip out any old item.

As for the nanite thing, one of our bases had big friggin sheilds up all around the enterances. How'd my empire manage that? I thought it might be something to do with power levels but the only thing I could find to load nanites to was a repair silo. I filled that right up and no sheilds went up.
Old 2003-11-04, 12:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
sutserikeru
First Sergeant

As for the nanite thing, one of our bases had big friggin sheilds up all around the enterances. How'd my empire manage that? I thought it might be something to do with power levels but the only thing I could find to load nanites to was a repair silo. I filled that right up and no sheilds went up.
The Cavern mods.. in that case the Shield Mod
Old 2003-11-04, 12:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
TeraHertz
Major

Ah... now i get it.
No wonder we totaly owned that continent from the brink to totality, despite nc AND tr forces trying to kick us off.
Old 2003-11-04, 12:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
sutserikeru
First Sergeant

Ah... now i get it.
No wonder we totaly owned that continent from the brink to totality, despite nc AND tr forces trying to kick us off.
Old 2003-11-04, 03:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Jagd
Major

Hey good to hear you finally made it through your downloading nightmare Terahertz, how are you liking it so far? What server are you on?
Old 2003-11-04, 09:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
TeraHertz
Major

The server im on is in my sig. Werner, the european server (since im in the uk.) So far im hating it. Engineers are utter shit. We get no fking advantage at all. No matter how many team mates I repair, and AMS I deploy in the most advantageous zones I get no points. The engineer route leaves me crap in battle until i get higher. Reapiring wall turrets is pointless unless I want to use them myself. Likewise, fixing generators...nothing. This has all lead me to one conclusion. AMS has an advantage to myself in a small way, but engineering(fixing) is totaly usless in terms of personal gain. People can just as easily repair themselves at facilities, and vehicles can better fix themselves at repair silos.

Engineering in my opinion is a addon for far higher levels. Newbies are better sticking with some decent armour and weapons.
Old 2003-11-05, 05:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
TeraHertz
Major

ah, wait a sec, I just figured out the punisher.
I was being dumb and firing rockets at soldiers, and trying to use it fully automatic
(stoooopid)

Kicking ass now.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion