Question regarding "30 day trial" - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Terran Cyclers cheap. Only dropped once and never fired.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2006-03-18, 08:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Anakinsella
Private

Question regarding "30 day trial"

Want to play PlanetSide now? Well you are in luck! You can pretty much download PlanetSide for free now and play it to see if you like it. Here are several options available.

* Play For Free: 10 Day Trial: Existing subscribers can go here and grab a 10 day trial key which can be handed out to friends to try the game. We also have a feature here at PSU called Buddy Key Exchange where you can attempt to request a key.
* 30 Day Trial: You can also download the game via PSInstall which is available in our files database here and then subscribe to PlanetSide and your first 30 days are free.

* Purchase and Download PlanetSide: FilePlanet: You can download the full version of PlanetSide Aftershock and purchase a full key here.
* SOE Store: You can purchase a full version of PlanetSide on the SOE Online Store here
* Direct2Drive: Last but not least you can download the game over at Direct2Drive here.
Can someone explain the bold to me? When you say the first 30 days are free...doesn't that just mean you have to buy a Planetside key for normal price, then you just get first 30 days free? Or is this a *real* trial, aka, no money is charged?

I'm just really looking to give this game a try. I played during closed beta acouple years ago, but haven't played it since all these changes have been made. Was just curious what was meant by that "30 day trial" thing.
Old 2006-03-18, 09:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Marsman
Major

Quite simply, if you buy the game, by any means, your first 30 days of subscription are free. After the first 30 days, you must pay the per month fees to access the game servers. The only completely free way to PS right now, is the 10 day trial - in which an existing subcriber hands out a buddy key. However, we are very close to the start of the Planetside Recruits free trial (game advancement limited to BR6) and covering a fixed peroid of one year. (i.e. if you join on day 364 from the start of the trial - you get to play 1 day - not 365 days from then)
Old 2006-03-20, 04:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
BigBuster
Corporal

in stead of going to the store your just DL it.

P4 2.27
6800 ultra AGPx8
2024MB PC3200 DC
GT5051
Old 2006-03-20, 10:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Marsman
Major

Basically if you have the trial. all you need is the key. You can buy the game online and have the ability to dl it and they email you the key. If you have the trial, you already have the game so you can skip the dl and just use the key to prove you have bought the game.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion