intel ad - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: why do you reject my quotes?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-09-15, 12:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Harps
First Sergeant

intel ad

What does every1 else think about this ?

I know it doesnt really hurt anything but comeon why the hell are we payin the 13 bucks a month. I know exactly why we are paying 13 a month and i dont have a problem with it, but i should be able to play a game without looking at a ad. I goto the movies for this
Old 2003-09-15, 12:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Flammey
Lieutenant Colonel

Don't like it. Neither does my gaming buddy, nor did anyone who cared to chat about it ingame.
Old 2003-09-15, 12:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Smaug
Lieutenant Colonel

Annoys the hell out of me
Old 2003-09-15, 12:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
dscytherulez
Lieutenant Colonel

I look at it this way, since it doesnt bother me much, just let them have it. It will make more money for them and even though not even 1/4 of the profits will go towards making the game better, maybe about 1/16 will, right? Lol
Old 2003-09-15, 04:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
shadowseed
Staff Sergeant

who cares ?. Dont stop me from playing the game.

Old 2003-09-15, 06:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Doppler
Contributor
Major

Originally posted by shadowseed
who cares ?. Dont stop me from playing the game.
Fuck them! I Care, i'm paying a monthly fee on top of the original fee on top of whatever they care to gouge me for the expansion. Somewhere a line has to be drawn, remember this was the same month they denied us the ability to see the server populations so they whouldnt ahve to hear questions about low population anymore. It's disrespect to their client base and frankly it's getting to be a little hard.

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
Old 2003-09-15, 06:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
shadowseed
Staff Sergeant

Originally posted by Doppler
Fuck them! I Care, i'm paying a monthly fee on top of the original fee on top of whatever they care to gouge me for the expansion. Somewhere a line has to be drawn, remember this was the same month they denied us the ability to see the server populations so they whouldnt ahve to hear questions about low population anymore. It's disrespect to their client base and frankly it's getting to be a little hard.

Dont get me wrong. There are a lot of things that erk me about greedy money grabbers at SOE, but it does not hurt me to have a small logo on the load screen. It can only benifit us if SOE make more money from it, how ever little that benifit might be.

Stop whining about silly things and whine about proper things, like the rest of us ;-)

Old 2003-09-15, 07:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Doppler
Contributor
Major

Dont get me wrong. There are a lot of things that erk me about greedy money grabbers at SOE, but it does not hurt me to have a small logo on the load screen. It can only benifit us if SOE make more money from it, how ever little that benifit might be.

Stop whining about silly things and whine about proper things, like the rest of us ;-)
Oh my bad massah, sorry I should be toeing the party line.

If you really think that I dont know what I can truely say to you, other then.

FUCK YOU FOR JUDGING THE VALIDITY OF MY COMPLAINTS.

Go look for the section on the planetisde petition I dont feel like repeating myself.

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
Old 2003-09-15, 07:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
STEALTHKILLER
First Lieutenant

i made the ad into a macro

runs great on intel inside pentium 4
Old 2003-09-15, 07:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
shadowseed
Staff Sergeant

Go look for the section on the planetisde petition I dont feel like repeating myself.
You really need to seek therapy if you get so stressed at little advert pics appearing in your load up screen that they cause you to go off on one.

All im saying is that lots of people have complaints about lots of things, and you seem to be going off the rails on a large one about a silly little pic.

And : "fuck you for judging the validity of my comlpaints" ???!!!, whats that all about ?, you should go work for womens lib. Whats the matter, you angry at your dad or something ?

Go home and take a chill pill, and stop blowing things out of all proportion.

enjoy CokeCola

Last edited by shadowseed; 2003-09-15 at 08:22 AM.
Old 2003-09-15, 07:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
NoSurrender
Contributor
Colonel

this is a very stupid thing that they put in just like the nvidia at the begining i told people i was worried in the beta about this...

Thanks to Eine for my awesome sig
Old 2003-09-15, 08:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Intruder
First Sergeant

Whoooyaaa Doppler you just dropped a notch....
I can relate how this can "Piss" people off, but I am a firm beliver in if it "pisses" you off, do something about it, rather than winge to a bunch of others..

If it is important to you, write a mission statement, start a petition, heck organize a march, but if the limits of your fury is abusing your fellow (yes "Fellow") peers, then I fear your anger is vented in the wrong direction. Everyone is permitted an opinion, heck not everyone will ever agree with yours, thiers, mine, or someone elses opinion, realize that, and instead of venting your anger at your peers, vent it into somethng constructive to benefit your beliefs.

The second one he was in his skeeter
Old 2003-09-15, 08:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
PallarAndersVis
Private

does the ad really bother you from playing the game? it has nothing to do with the gameplay. you dont even have to click anything to proceed. its no big deal. they can put up all the ads they want as long as its not in the game. the more money they get, the more shit they will bring us for free
Old 2003-09-15, 08:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Doppler
Contributor
Major

You really need to seek therapy if you get so stressed at little advert pics appearing in your load up screen that they cause you to go off on one.

All im saying is that lots of people have complaints about lots of things, and you seem to be going off the rails on a large one about a silly little pic.

And : "fuck you for judging the validity of my comlpaints" ???!!!, whats that all about ?, you should go work for womens lib. Whats the matter, you angry at your dad or something ?

Go home and take a chill pill, and stop blowing things out of all proportion.

enjoy CokeCola
WHAT! HOW DARE YOU! JUST AS I MADE THE WORLD I SHALL NOW UNMAKE YOU MUHAHAHA!

Ok sorry meglomania aside (and yes that was a joke I'm just sorry I didnt get the followup post in before you and others could reply).

The Ad itself bothers me but not so much perse as the overall trend it's part of. That SOE will screw over their customer base to the absolute maximum level they can as certified by united labs.

Old 2003-09-15, 08:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Doppler
Contributor
Major

Originally posted by PallarAndersVis
does the ad really bother you from playing the game? it has nothing to do with the gameplay. you dont even have to click anything to proceed. its no big deal. they can put up all the ads they want as long as its not in the game. the more money they get, the more shit they will bring us for free
Your new to the whole capitalism thing arnt you? It's ok heres some gespatcho.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion