People still bitching about Jackhammer! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Don't turn around.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-09-15, 07:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Biohazzard56
Contributor
Major General

Angry People still bitching about Jackhammer!

This has been an issue since launch, as long as you stay far away JH isnt a problem unless your inside which it can still be done. Just cause people are good with JH and you suck with every other gun doesnt mean we should nerf everything. I didnt think the Lasher should be nerfed it would give the VS incentive.
Old 2003-09-15, 07:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Rarzo
Sergeant

The NC's weapons are no problem for me... The vehicles are! But I wont get into an argument over the vanguard again...
Old 2003-09-15, 07:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Biohazzard56
Contributor
Major General

Vanguard is a good mower (hey what ever works) -insert flame below-
Old 2003-09-15, 07:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
SandTrout
Contributor
The one, the only

Vangaurd is fine. Sure, you might get 1-shoted by the 150mm, but thats if the gunner manages to hit you, and in most cases, that means that you were not behind any cover or just didn't bother to look around.

Besides, it only has 1 shot per second, and the 20mms are next to useless. They are also 100% vunerable to Liberators and Reaver pilots with the IQ of half a glass of water.
Old 2003-09-15, 07:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

This thread was a joke, correct?
Old 2003-09-15, 07:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
SandTrout
Contributor
The one, the only

Not sure, my post wasn't though.

BTW: Just ran a translation on your forum title, good one Incomp.
Old 2003-09-15, 07:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

eh, I knew your post was serious, and I agree with you on it, but i would love to know how Biohazzard would propose countering a surging agile with a Jackhammer with anything other then numbers. And don't say Pounders, Pounders only work in one or two situations, the vast majority of the time they would be doing more harm then good.

ty on the title
Old 2003-09-15, 07:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
SandTrout
Contributor
The one, the only

I guess the idea is that a surgeing agile has practicly no ability to engage targets at range, so you should try to shoot them with an assault rifle before they get into click-death range.

I personaly don't thing any of the bullets in planetside do enough damage, but thats another issue.
Old 2003-09-15, 08:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

Yeah, if you can catch them at long range, your set, but the thing is, thats damn near impossible with the way the terrain is set up, not to mention that your going to be doing most of your fighting indoors anyway.

At about 20-30 meters (probably not right, but i'm more concerned about shooting then looking at the numbers) each shot will be doing enough damage to be noticable, it wouldn't kill you in a straight fight, but since they have almost no COF to worry about, they can keep moving, where as anyone else is forced to remain relatively stationary to do any sort of respectable damage. So they can pull all sorts of evasive maneuevers to throw off your aim and force you to open up your COF, while you have to just sit there and take it while they rush towards you. At which point your a deadman. You'll probably kill them anywhere from half to a third of the time, which may sound balanced except it is ungodly powerful inside, where your in the Jackhammers killzone almost constantly.

Now, if they upped the damage scale it would favor the AR, but since it takes so long to kill anyone, they have more then enough time to get close enough and start dealing out massive damage.

Personnally I think it should lose the triple shot, take an overall damage drop around ten percent against reinforced, or ROF decrease, pick your favorite two. Well, actually i think all HA weapons should be axed, but thats another thread.

Last edited by Incompetent; 2003-09-15 at 08:22 PM.
Old 2003-09-15, 08:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Biohazzard56
Contributor
Major General

then your unlucky but most NC i see with jachammer are in reinforced. most of the time you should be able to get them
Old 2003-09-15, 08:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

well, i dunno what you've been smoking, but at least half of the ones i see are in agile, and once the fight gets inside the reinforced is still damn near as effective, even without surge.
Old 2003-09-15, 08:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
WritheNC
First Lieutenant

Most NC do wear reinforced while using JH, especially in towers and bases, where no amount of speed will stop you from getting hit. At that point you need armor that sucks up damage better than agile(and reinforced is a lot better than agile in that regard).

I suppose outdoors there are people that do use agile, but there aren't as many as half. 25% maybe.

And the best counter against a surging HA user when you only have MA? Crouch and fire to make every shot count. I've killed a lot of HA users inside like that. You become a smaller target and are much more accurate.
Old 2003-09-15, 09:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

Well, your probably right on the percentages, but since the agiles are almost always up front and are by far the most aggressive, they are the guys I tend to run into the vast majority of the time. I typically do try to crouch and fire short bursts, but the agiles can just move so damn fast that it's seems nearly impossible to wear them down in time, and sadly the MCG is less then worthless, since it requires actively closing with the Jack to be effective, which is a very bad idea.

When your in a tower, it really doesn't matter what armor they are in, they are by default so close you have almost no chance in a straight fight.
Old 2003-09-15, 10:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
noxious
Second Lieutenant

I agree a surging agile Jackhammer is probably the most difficult anti-infantry weapons platform to deal with in game (you can run from others which outpreform it in raw firepower [vehicles and maxes]). A surging agile with a lasher has about the same chance (I use this setup anytime I don't think I'll need my lancer, which ends up being about a third of the time) at coming out alive as the JH user does. I can see where you're coming from though because, while I use the MCG quite effectively against jacks and lashers, a surging agile jackhammer is easily the most threatening opponent I come up against.
Old 2003-09-16, 02:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
WritheNC
First Lieutenant

You speak wisely. I didn't think of the Agile guys being in front all of the time.

Damn them...running ahead of the rest of us like that...stealing kills...argh!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion