Sanc Strikes - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Oh my god! It's a fudgecicle!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-09-16, 02:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Hamma
PSU Admin

Sanc Strikes

http://www.planetside-universe.com/?newsid=560

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-09-16, 02:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
SandTrout
Contributor
The one, the only

I'd prefer things to work right before Sanc-stikes are implemented anyways.
Old 2003-09-16, 02:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Valcron
Master Sergeant

Hey Hamma,

You know what though? Sanctuary Strikes are Flawed in a sense. Say if you log on and see a Sanctuary warpgate has opened. First thing you're going to want to do is head there ASAP. Well guess what, it's population locked, you're SOL again.

There really isn't a happy medium here. You have people logging into the game, then you'll have people attempting to get into the oppossing empires warpgate.

So it seems sanctuary strikes would upset a lot of people since it would block a lot of people from heading into them.
Old 2003-09-16, 03:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Harps
First Sergeant

sanct strikes would suck anyway... im glad they are spending their time on something more interesting
Old 2003-09-16, 04:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

Good. It's a flawed idea.

Its eating it's food. (Incorrect use of apostrophes specifically for UV)
"Oni wont get banned, unless you get banned. Its a 2 man ticket."-Hamma to TekDragon re: his request to ban Oni. Life is good.
Old 2003-09-16, 04:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Jagd
Major

Taking away our safe havens would be really hard on newbies, not to mention ruin an outfit's ability to co-ordinate major attacks by gearing up, getting vehicles, and heading out as a group.

Edit: Sorry, it won't ruin all hope of a co-ordinated attack, but it would make it much harder to do so which is definitely a bad thing, as there is already a noticable lack of order among the troops these days.
Old 2003-09-16, 06:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
dscytherulez
Lieutenant Colonel

Yeah, im kinda glad they are working on other stuff instead too. The sanc strike idea never really appealed 2 me...
Old 2003-09-16, 09:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
00AgentDuck
Sergeant Major

I liked the sanct strike idea personnally. Would be awesome for those towers in the sanct to actually be useful. Also would be awesome to fight at the hart building. There's not as much of a chance of your sanct being taken over since you got all vechicles and weapons and your whole population can spawn there in one click.

But if they did manage to get the sanct, I agree with the devs, more objectives should be put in before that. Also if the sanct is taken it should only remain taken for maybe 2 days where the enemy empire can get the other empires specific equipment at their sanct. You wouldn't totally be destoried if you lost your sanct, just maybe make it so everyone can respawn at another base as a temporary sanctuary.

But I also agree this would be hard and confuse newbies even more.
Old 2003-09-16, 09:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Brigadier General

Misc Info

I don't really care about sanc strikes, yeah they would be cool but I'm awaiting Core Combat now and nothing else. But it would be cool if sometime we could get sanc strikes.
Old 2003-09-16, 09:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

Not so hot idea. Glad they are trying to fix current issues rather than working on how to make life as a newbie even harder.

Old 2003-09-16, 09:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
JF-Wolf

Ha, The guys working on Planetside now should be really busy. I can't really blame them I mean MMO games have tons of problems that usually needs to fixed and making this a FPS doesn't really help. Plus they got this new Core Combat going and with the beta and all people don't really want that to get delayed (or maybe they think that) so they should be working hard for that to. I mean they got lot's of little things they have to do the sanc strike just might be implented in Core Combat like the platoons (which I was looking forward to).

Old 2003-09-17, 07:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Flammey
Lieutenant Colonel

Oh, I wouldn't mind them. But I SAY they make it so that you have to own and LOCK the three sanctuary continents. NOT AN EASY TASK.
Old 2003-09-17, 10:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
SuperNoodles
Private

i think sanc strikes would be great, i have no idea how they would work lol but it would be great fun

Is it just Me Who Has Psychotic Genocidal Urges Or Is That Normal?
Old 2003-09-17, 11:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
noxious
Second Lieutenant

I never want to see these in game.
Old 2003-09-18, 08:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
CyberHawke
Contributor
Corporal

I am glad that they are at least taking the time to evaluate what other components need to be associated with Sanctuary Strike functionality. It should be EXTREMELY diffucult for an enemy faction to maintain forces within a Sanctuary. For example, the defending sanctuary should have some type of Sanctuary defense grid of awesome power - not just the pea-shooters around bases. Or perhaps there needs to be areas in which enemies of a sanctuary cannot access; like forcefields around certain pads or facilities.

There are 10 types of people: those that can read binary and those who can't.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion