New Patches and GLITCHES - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Are there no serious quotes up here?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-09-18, 02:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
NuclearSiege
Corporal

Talking New Patches and GLITCHES

The new facilit linked benefits are nice but we need more than that. The team of planetside(no offence) should have a new patch every few days. We pay 12 bucks a month and we should be getting better service in a game. I have flown my reaver in a fierce battle pulled out and went to fill up on amo and health. Did the pad work? NO. I thought it might be the base but no nothing worked. We were stuck and lost the battle. Please fix the glitches.

The next thing is they need to creat a real world experience. Make it day and night. Have some snow in the continents which can effect the vehicles and infintry. At night have it black all over except on bridges, towers, and bases which have light all over the place and road lights it would be like navigating blind and be a very cool experience looking from the air on a big battle and bases lite up like a city. When therte is a battle the land would light up from the guns and vehicles people would not stop playing. Please fix these things sony or you will lose customers and the game would stop. 5 of my friends have already quit and im the ony one stayin in there. Please work harder at meeting our needs. Thanks.

Old 2003-09-18, 02:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
00AgentDuck
Sergeant Major

Make sure you had a dropship center. You can ony use the repair stations when you have a linked dropship center.

I agree with you on getting more patches quicker. I would like a patch maybe every week. I think they are getting better on this though, I'm going to give them awhile before I give up totally on them, and the game's still pretty good.
Old 2003-09-18, 03:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

The new facilit linked benefits are nice but we need more than that. The team of planetside(no offence) should have a new patch every few days.
Please tell me you're kidding.

Its eating it's food. (Incorrect use of apostrophes specifically for UV)
"Oni wont get banned, unless you get banned. Its a 2 man ticket."-Hamma to TekDragon re: his request to ban Oni. Life is good.
Old 2003-09-18, 03:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Mazzic
Corporal

Guess you didn't get the Memo.

Sounds like User Error to me.

Add you to the List of people that jump on the bandwagon of, "I pay my money, yada yada yada". Thats right up there with people that pay 19bucks for a DSL connection and complain to the High heavens if its out for an hour.

Pardon me, but stfu and do your homework before you assume somthing is wrong.

thx
Old 2003-09-18, 04:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Phaden
Contributor
Major

I totally agree!!!!
Old 2003-09-18, 04:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Indecisive
Major General

Woot, more peeps for the ignore list.
Old 2003-09-18, 06:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Infernus
Lieutenant General

should have a new patch every few days. We pay 12 bucks a month and we should be getting better service in a game.
HAHAHA! Is this your first MMO? Do you know what goes into making a patch? Did you know that saying we should have a new patch every few days contradicts all of your opinions on glitchs?

I mean seriously, you expect them to push new patches every few days and not have problems? And take it from somebody that played EnB: The EA team could barely push a solid patch every month, you expect the SOE team to push one every 5 or 6 days!?
Old 2003-09-18, 06:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Everay
Major General

this isnt EQ people, come on, PS dosent have a Dev team 1000 strong, like EQ...
Old 2003-09-18, 06:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

Lolz...A patch every few days. Funny. Don't make me laugh. Again, make sure you had a dropship center and make sure it has POWER. Gotta have power for things to work buddy.

Old 2003-09-18, 06:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
NCG JMan
First Sergeant

This game has glitches...no way! Seriously, the expectations of having a patch every few days is highly unrealistic. First, they have to have a list of problems (which I am sure are numerous ). Then they (the devs) need to troubleshoot these bugs. Then they test the fixes on the test server. Then get them approved through QA (quality assurance). Then release them to the public. Now I probably even missed a few steps in between. Even so, this process would take a minimum of several weeks. It would be nice to have the fixes more frequent, but that's just not realistic. These types of people are the ones that probably sit in front of a microwave and get impatient that it takes a whole minute to heat up their burrito. So have patience my little impatient ones. The bugs will get fixed....ding....burrito's ready.

Last edited by NCG JMan; 2003-09-18 at 06:53 PM.
Old 2003-09-19, 02:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Nawchoz
Private

Originally posted by =NCG=JMan
These types of people are the ones that probably sit in front of a microwave and get impatient that it takes a whole minute to heat up their burrito. So have patience my little impatient ones. The bugs will get fixed....ding....burrito's ready.
Your microwave heats up a burrito in only a MINUTE? My god, technology has passed me by
Old 2003-09-19, 03:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
shadowseed
Staff Sergeant

Maybe a patch every month, and thats being optamistic.

There is a lengthly process from drawing board to game, and for them to release stuff so quickly to the live servers would be iresponsible, and the gliches you complain about would only become more numorous.

I agree that we are a bit low on the promised "free content" but the month you pay every month is mainly for upkeep of the servers you play on.

Old 2003-09-19, 12:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
User58
Sergeant

Originally posted by Mazzic
Guess you didn't get the Memo.

Sounds like User Error to me.

Add you to the List of people that jump on the bandwagon of, "I pay my money, yada yada yada". Thats right up there with people that pay 19bucks for a DSL connection and complain to the High heavens if its out for an hour.

Pardon me, but stfu and do your homework before you assume somthing is wrong.

thx

DOH!
Old 2003-09-19, 01:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

If anything I wish they'd slow parts of the process down. I always get really worried when they release something to the test server and it makes it to the live server the next day. Yes, I'm excited to try new things but the short amount of live testing worries me. Then they have issues like their FPS 'enhancements' which make the game chug for some people and rather than just rolling the game back to where it was they put a potential fix on the test server and the live server still causes issues for some people. It seems to me that you remove the buggy things from the live server until you can fix them, and then reintroduce them if it's something that people can obviously play without.
Old 2003-09-19, 01:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
NuclearSiege
Corporal

new patches

i understand what it takes but im not talking about big patches every few days im talking about small ones that fix the little things for example a reaver not being available at the air pad and you see other people taking off. It just bugs me
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion