An Appeal to the Miller(EU) crowd - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The next target to be bought out by Bill Gates
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-01-20, 07:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
JesNC
Master Sergeant

An Appeal to the Miller(EU) crowd

Hey people,

some of you may have noticed an increased influx of cheaters as of late. The new 'thing' seems to be warping players with aimbots and totally impossible weapon performance (like HA rockets or MAV AV with the projectile speed of a sniper rifle).

The players in question usually appear as low BR characters with bogus names - lots of I's and L's or O's and zeroes, which makes it hard for the victims to decypher the name and file a report.

Me playing NC, I mostly see VS and TR cheaters, but I'm 100% certain they don't have any kind of empire preference. There's no place for empire specific blaming here, it's affecting all of us!

So please, the next time you see a questionable player on your time, do a /report. Not only that, if you can spare some time follow him around and record him, or at least do a few screenshots of the guy in action. Filing a ticket with those recordings attached will help the CSR team immensely with rooting out this plague.
And they DO act fast. The last time I went through this procedure I got a response in under an hour!

To summarize, if you see a cheater on your team, please:

- Q over the player, select 'send message'
- replace /tell with /report in the chat box
- follow him around for a minute and record him
- file a ticket using the in-game option Esc ->support ->file a ticket
- select 'In-Game Issue' in the drop down menu, fill in the server name and YOUR OWN character name
- describe the incident and attach your recording/screenshot

If only a fraction of the players did this, we would be rid of those kids in no time!

So again, I beg you, spend a little bit of your time to enhance the gameplay experience for all of us.

Sincerely,

JesNC

PS: It would be great if someone could repost this on reddit, Pro7Sat1 forums and any other gaming hub related to the EU servers. Thanks in advance!
Old 2013-01-20, 08:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Re: An Appeal to the Miller(EU) crowd

To me this can be all contributed to lag. Im sorry but warping players, apparent instant death, missiles and projectiles moving too fast these things can all be contributed to lag.
Old 2013-01-20, 08:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
JesNC
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Sledgecrushr View Post
To me this can be all contributed to lag. Im sorry but warping players, apparent instant death, missiles and projectiles moving too fast these things can all be contributed to lag.
Yes, it could be lag.

Put persistant warping, instant death by a Comet from 40m + and a bogus name all together are too much of a coincidence IMO.

I'm not calling for a witch hunt or naming&shaming either, I'm just asking people to take a bit of time to properly report any suspicious behaviour.
Old 2013-01-20, 08:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Sturmhardt
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Sledgecrushr View Post
Sometimes. But not often. And if the guy has lots of IIIllililiiils, O0oOO00s or something in the name there is no doubt. Just report him, better save than sorry. If it's lag it will just be one report and it will not matter. If it's a cheater he will get many reports and will be banned. Reporting helps.
Old 2013-01-20, 08:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Blynd
First Sergeant

Sledge unfortunatley its not i too have ome across this issue from both nc/tr players its ocasional for me but ive been shipped with a carv while in the seat of my sundy running 60fps at the time i spawn on the sundy (btw its parked in an air tower by the stairs no direct los for where he was as guildy was looking for him. and got 1 shotted again through the wall. Aimbots are for people with no skill and no ability to play a game - they have to be imba by cheating its like playing skyrim with god mode on its pointless. but they are a pain to report due to the Il1 usage in their names.
Old 2013-01-20, 09:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
MaxDamage
Sergeant Major

I rarely see this, 4 times since release. If they're mostly TR, I guess I'm semi relieved. I don't support cheats, but I sure as hell don't want to fight against them. Pisses me off no end.

Like you say, the names usually give them away.

One of the NC ones that got me had their name as a URL to a cheat site..
Old 2013-01-20, 09:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

If I ever see a legit player with a bogus name get banned, then I'll probably laugh because it's his fault for choosing that name.

Report ALL people with Bogus names!
Old 2013-01-20, 11:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
psijaka
Contributor
Major

I'm all for stamping out cheating, but we've got to be a bit careful here, lag can account for all kinds of apparent nonsense; I've seen it myself.

Also, I play MAX + dual Falcons (NC AV launchers) a lot, and, once you get the hang of the projectile drop, it is quite feasible to "snipe" someone at medium range (750 damage for a direct hit, so land both barrels on target and it is instant death). I can appreciate that this can be unexpected; people think of MAXes as an inaccurate CQC class, and I suppose it is only a matter of time before someone accuses me of cheating. What I'm trying to say is, be absolutely certain before you report someone; they may just be good at using an unusual technique.

Last edited by psijaka; 2013-01-20 at 11:18 AM.
Old 2013-01-20, 11:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
psijaka
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by JesNC View Post
Yes, it could be lag.

Put persistant warping, instant death by a Comet from 40m + and a bogus name all together are too much of a coincidence IMO.

I'm not calling for a witch hunt or naming&shaming either, I'm just asking people to take a bit of time to properly report any suspicious behaviour.
I believe that the Comet does 550 damage, so if a VS MAX running Dual Comets lands both barrels on target then it -is- instant death, and is perfectly legit. I do this frequently with Dual Falcons; see my post above.

EDIT - stats here - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...mS2NqV1E&gid=1

Last edited by psijaka; 2013-01-20 at 11:28 AM.
Old 2013-01-20, 12:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
JesNC
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by psijaka View Post
I believe that the Comet does 550 damage, so if a VS MAX running Dual Comets lands both barrels on target then it -is- instant death, and is perfectly legit. I do this frequently with Dual Falcons; see my post above.

EDIT - stats here - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...mS2NqV1E&gid=1
I know the stats. I meant that the projectile traveled almost instantly. At 40m you can sidestep MAX AV without much of a problem - except maybe the Falcon.

Bad choice of words on my part, sorry.

And we're just reporting. Evaluation and judgement is still up to the CSRs. Only they have the tools to confirm or deny our suspicions.

Last edited by JesNC; 2013-01-20 at 12:09 PM.
Old 2013-01-20, 12:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Snowfake
Private

Any player with a small amount of experience can tell the difference between people lag warping and the cheat warping.
They fly about like mofo's aim boting everyone, teleporting, into spawns others seem to just see a speed hack running around at a million miles an hour.

I find when I spot one of these and type the culprit into yell that the next question is how do you know his cheating and like above someone always says he may just be lagging which and its totally understandable and question when someone shouts cheat.

So I suggest we name this cheat to OSTAH
obviously,speed,teleport,aimbot,hack.
Old 2013-01-20, 01:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
psijaka
Contributor
Major

My bad; misunderstood.
Old 2013-01-20, 02:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Snowfake View Post
...So I suggest we name this cheat to OSTAH
obviously,speed,teleport,aimbot,hack.
Sounds reasonable to me.

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Old 2013-01-20, 04:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Sir fraggington
Private

I have yet to come across any unsporty behavior.
Old 2013-01-20, 05:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Rumblepit
Second Lieutenant

hope you guys are opening tickets on these hackers,report dosnt work atm.

character , and functionality should get you a priority queue
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion