Orion vs EMI hip fire - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The Earth Is Full - Go Home
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-11-05, 08:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Beerbeer
Major

Orion vs EMI hip fire

I started playing VS a lot recently, and man the gun differences between the NC and VS are like night and day when it comes to barrel control, jerkiness and overall movement while firing.

For example, hip firing a bone stock Orion is way easier than hip firing an EMI with a laser sight. Things just melt away and it's way easier to stay on target. Hip firing a GD-22, forget about it. That thing is all over the place.
Old 2012-11-05, 09:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Grognard
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Re: Orion vs EMI hip fire

Ive seen a coupla messages from you about VS vs NC weapons, and I am getting the feeling you REALLY want Vanu to get a MASSIVE BUFF...

http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...ad.php?t=49760
http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...ad.php?t=49794

Kein Plan überlebt die erste Feindberührung. Res ad triarios venit... μολὼν λαβέ!

Last edited by Grognard; 2012-11-05 at 09:33 PM.
Old 2012-11-05, 09:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Beerbeer
Major

Just stating my observations. I have no faction loyalty at all; I'm sure I'll play them all.

When I first got into beta, I blitzed 11 brs on one empire, without trying others. Just getting around to trying other empires now and it's surprising to me.
Old 2012-11-05, 09:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Grognard
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Beerbeer View Post
Just stating my observations. I have no faction loyalty at all; I'm sure I'll play them all.

When I first got into beta, I blitzed 11 brs on one empire, without trying others. Just getting around to trying other empires now and it's surprising to me.
The strange thing is, when me and my daughter were checking out NC / TR weapons recently, we thought the orion kicked around a lot more than the others. Go figure.

We do, however, have significant faction loyalty to purple, just not at the expense of balance. Any victory would be phyrric to me, if we were "expected" to win. Lack of balance, and hack/cheating is too high a price, Id rather lose.

Still, the game does seem outa whack, though I think it is because my playstyle favors NC, but I will not switch.

PS I just noticed you said hip-fire only, and we were testing ADS, since we are mid-range fire-suppression types. I think the Orion is pretty good at hip-fire.

Kein Plan überlebt die erste Feindberührung. Res ad triarios venit... μολὼν λαβέ!

Last edited by Grognard; 2012-11-05 at 09:50 PM.
Old 2012-11-05, 10:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Im not sure why it is but the Vanu carbine is really easy to use from the hip compared to the NC carbine.

Its could just be a graphic thing with the projectiles Im not sure but i tried Vanu today and was surprised.
Old 2012-11-06, 02:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Beerbeer
Major

It's nice simply because you don't even need a laser dot and can use it for something else, while the EMI, even with the laser dot, is inferior IMO, at hip-firing.

Last edited by Beerbeer; 2012-11-06 at 02:43 PM.
Old 2012-11-06, 03:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
VaderShake
First Lieutenant

To avoid getting into the details on faction weapons and their diffrences is why I had made the decision from the start of beta to just play NC and not try the other factions on purpose opting to spend time learning and mastering the NC arsenal instead of thinking about what I like or don't like about all the faction weapons. (<---Nice run-on sentence, the internet was built for it)
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion