PSU: Don't look down, don't look down!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > General Gaming Discussion

Old 2012-06-18, 02:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
super pretendo
First Sergeant

is BC2 better than BF3?

I've played BC2 and I liked it, but I have never played BF3. What do planetside-liking players think is better?
Old 2012-06-18, 02:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Naz The Eternal
First Sergeant

Misc Info
Re: is BC2 better than BF3?

BF3 sucks, BC2 sucks harder. Save your money and don't go Premium.

OUTFIT OFFICER
Vanu Sovereignty
Old 2012-06-18, 02:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
super pretendo
First Sergeant

But I don't even own BF3
Old 2012-06-18, 03:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
indirect
Staff Sergeant

PS > BC1 > BF3 > BC2
Old 2012-06-18, 04:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
ChargerCarl
Corporal

every BF game post 2142 blows
Old 2012-06-18, 05:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
SaeS
Private

I'm still treasuring my BF2 times... Personally, I don't like BF3. It's not because it's a bad game, it's actually pretty good (god I feel dirty after saying that). With the new DLCs, it's getting pretty much even with the latest CoD as they both offer that fast paced action but BF3 can also provide more tactical gameplay if you're in the mood for that. I also enjoy how BF3 plays over MW3. If you enjoyed BC2, buy BF3, that's it.

Okeyh, enough of praising that no-good-piece-of-garbage they call a "True" battlefield sequel. I'm gonna try my best not to sound like an ignorant elitist but I'll give it a shot.

I think it's safe to say that most of the people that hate BF3, are from the PC community. BF3 was marketed as a "true battlefield sequel", "PC main platform" "biggest maps in BF history" but in the end, it ended up competing with CoD. I understand that they wanted to convert the Cod people to BF3 but as the result of that, it just ended up being a CoDified game with a Battlefield label on it and offering pretty much nothing for the people that were hoping for a true battlefield game.

And now, those people are waiting for PS2, hoping that it will offer them the battlefield feel that they never got from BF3.
Old 2012-06-19, 05:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Exmortius
Master Sergeant

i think i had more fun on bc2 than bf3. bf3 was pretty good at launch but people learn where the spawns are under certain conditions and camp them. some of the spawning is flat out bs. bc2 had some terrible spawns too but not like bf3. bf3 you can literally spawn and be knifed before you move. they basically copied call of doody. i'll have bc2 before anything else personally.
Old 2012-06-19, 05:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Gloworm
Private

I got BF3 when it came out, i've installed it twice and only played it for about an hour each time before i get sick of it. It just feels like CoD, which i hated.

On the other hand i love BC2 and really can't wait to play PS2, nothing has compared with the epic battles of PS!!
Old 2012-06-19, 05:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

I like BF3 just fine. I was, and still am, dissapointed on it having more of an infantry focus in tighter maps, metro being the prime example of it. But it's still fun, although I don't like the concept behind the close quarters DLC. I am looking forward to armored kill.
Personally I still prefer BF2 but BC2 and BF3 have pretty much felt the same to me.
Old 2012-08-02, 09:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Spiah
Private

Frankly I had a ton of fun with BC2. BF3 as well, but not as much. They're both fun games, I wouldn't go premium though.
Old 2012-08-02, 09:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
TheDAWinz
Sergeant Major

1942>2>2142=vietnam>BC series and BF3.
Old 2012-08-03, 09:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
ziegler
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Spiah View Post
Frankly I had a ton of fun with BC2. BF3 as well, but not as much. They're both fun games, I wouldn't go premium though.
I like BF3 but miss the truly squad based gameplay. And definately will not go the premium route and that is the main reason I quit playing it.
Old 2012-08-03, 01:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
bjorntju1
Captain

I had more fun with BC2 than with BF3.
Old 2012-08-23, 12:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Gore
Private

Screw EA. No more Battlefield games for me, it's Arma series from here on.

Last edited by Gore; 2012-08-23 at 01:00 PM.
Old 2012-08-28, 07:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
camycamera
Major

i think both games are great, i have BC2 on PC, but i have only played BF3 on xbox, but damn, both are epic.

i dont see the hate over these two games, BF3 especially. BF3 brings back the true BF experience that we had with BF2 and BF2142. the only negative comments that i've seen about BF3 is that it is not a "true BF2 sequel" because they went on to compete with the pathetic excuse of a game, CoD. it is EA's fault that they went to go and compete with CoD, not DICE's. that is what happens when you partner up with greedy publishers.

anyway, BC2 is more of a "linear" BF game, when compared to the rest of the series, but the destruction IS FUCKING BEAST. you cannot deny that. look, buy, BF3 though if you want to "practice" for PS2. both are FUCKING AWESOME. BUT COD ISN'T. lol.

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > General Gaming Discussion