Empire colored hot dropping flames. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Do not make love to your PS CD.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-01-10, 07:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Methonius
Master Sergeant

Empire colored hot dropping flames.

I know this isn't a priority to add in game but could be cool. I think they should add some empire colored flames as we hot drop out of galaxies under our feet similar to ps1 how they did it but make it match with each empire. Also if they implemented this it would be cool if it puts you in third person while it does this and they add in an animation when we land like you putting your fist down to catch your self on the landing.

Last edited by Methonius; 2013-01-10 at 07:53 PM.
Old 2013-01-10, 08:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Killjaeden
Private

Re: Empire colored hot dropping flames.

So... you want to be a large "hey shoot me" sign? =P Killing droppods with ESF Nosegun on their journey down is so much fun already, quite a challenge, especially if they steer I wouldn't mind another "catch the little guy" game...
Old 2013-01-10, 09:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Methonius
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Killjaeden View Post
So... you want to be a large "hey shoot me" sign? =P Killing droppods with ESF Nosegun on their journey down is so much fun already, quite a challenge, especially if they steer I wouldn't mind another "catch the little guy" game...
Hey if you have the skill to drop someone coming down that fast then I'm all for it. I think it would be hilarious.
Old 2013-01-10, 09:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Brusi
Contributor
Major

yes please, bring back visible inertial dampeners!

”You can have hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players in these massive cluster-fuck battles

Matt Higby on the scope of Planetside 2
Old 2013-01-10, 10:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
StumpyTheOzzie
Second Lieutenant

yerp. and empire specific contrails for the esfs we aim for on the way down. And make tanks more bright blue/red/purple so we can aim drop pods at them better.

But seriously, that would actually be pretty cool, especially if the enclave did a mass pod spawn. Psychological warfare right there.
Old 2013-01-11, 01:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Methonius
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by StumpyTheOzzie View Post
yerp. and empire specific contrails for the esfs we aim for on the way down. And make tanks more bright blue/red/purple so we can aim drop pods at them better.

But seriously, that would actually be pretty cool, especially if the enclave did a mass pod spawn. Psychological warfare right there.
ES contrails might be cool as well. They could even put that as a Station Cash customization lol
Old 2013-01-11, 02:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Sunrock
Major

Well as far as I know how a graphic engine works is that its limited to show X amount of objectives on the screen at one point. Now I have no clue how PS2 is built but I rather they use the resources for rendering players the stupid fluff graphic. But if they have some left over things they can add I don't see way not. But I would be very disappointed if they put in this and had to scrap something else because of it.
Old 2013-01-11, 04:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Sabrak
Contributor
First Sergeant

That would look pretty cool during nights with Forgelight magic

But as Sunrock said, right now I'd rather have them work on the rendering of what's already in the game than add more stuff to it.

(But hey, why don't we have both?)
Old 2013-01-11, 03:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Methonius
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Sabrak View Post
That would look pretty cool during nights with Forgelight magic

But as Sunrock said, right now I'd rather have them work on the rendering of what's already in the game than add more stuff to it.

(But hey, why don't we have both?)
Ya I agree they need to fix other stuff first but later on I deffinitely think they should add cool stuff in that sets this game apart from other games.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion