Saving this game - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Is that a Boomer in your pocket? Can I hold it?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-11, 03:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Beerbeer
Major

Saving this game

I say, like I've said months ago in beta, just get rid of infantry and turn this game into a WOT + WOA because no matter what you do, you're going to get it wrong at this late point in the game.

Do what is necessary to survive.
Old 2013-01-11, 03:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Scorpion Six
Private

Re: Saving this game

Put ALL cap points in buildings that cant be reached by Air and Vehicle spam. That way ONLY infantry can cap points. Stay in the buildings and their air and armor is useless.

PS
Oh and stop being a crybaby.
Old 2013-01-11, 03:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Beerbeer
Major

If you think I'm crying, you're really mistaken.

Just enjoying the view.
Old 2013-01-11, 03:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Beerbeer
Major

I can honestly hear Sony employees saying out loud: teamwork.

Okay, there's your downfall thinking that solves everything because outside of a few clans, that just isn't going to happen, but continue to build this game thinking it will and continue to wonder why the servers are empty, lol.

Last edited by Beerbeer; 2013-01-11 at 03:51 PM.
Old 2013-01-11, 03:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Beerbeer View Post
If you think I'm crying, you're really mistaken.

Just enjoying the view.
No. What you're doing is being willfully destructive to a community. You've gone from thoughtful, to critical, to sarcastic, to mocking in a few short weeks. Dude, you're even bumping your own bullshit now.

I'd ask why, but I don't think it actually matters. Instead, I'll ask that you stop.
Old 2013-01-11, 03:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

They really should have used a lot more of the PS1 tried and proven mechanics.

Old 2013-01-11, 03:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Beerbeer
Major

Am I? I think I'm being more realistic than you sunshine pumpers. There's only so many ways to dress up a turd, but keep trying.
Old 2013-01-11, 03:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Rothnang
Major

I don't think the game is in as much trouble as people make it out to be, and for entirely different reasons.

Any high profile free to play launch will see a big swell of players early on, but as they figure out whether or not your game is for them some of them will leave.

The new patch will fix a lot of what's broken about infantry, because the biggest problem with infantry is honestly just that playing in a way that kills as much infantry as possible currently is better than anything else you can do, and that leads to situations where way too many players completely eschew anti-vehicle roles and instead pull more stuff that kills infantry. When vehicles become a ton more profitable to kill I think that will change.

There are a few other things with this game that are dragging it down.

The Metagame isn't really complex enough to have the depth of PS1, so it's kind of losing a lot of the hardcore crowd that really thrive on tasks that are impossible without high end coordination. We'll see that fixed soon enough.

The casual game could be enhanced with a daily XP bonus to bring people in more often. PS2 has a bit of a problem with that, since it rewards you the same whether you play for 6 hours straight or just hop on for half an hour. I think it it gave you a bonus for hopping online for a bit every day it would keep the player numbers a lot higher.

The progression system isn't really quite there yet. I have never had that feeling in Planetside 2 that I just have to grind for something that I wanted and put the time in to really work for it, which you get with a lot of MMOs. The Bonuses are not that impressive, and you can't unlock anything that really makes your character stand out. This is also something I think will improve in the future. Imagine something like an advanced vehicle you can access once you reach 100% unlocks in a basic vehicle. The advanced vehicle wouldn't have to be a lot better, maybe a 10% upgrade across the board and an awesome looking model that makes everyone go "Woah, this guy is serious about ____" Things like that would keep people around longer. People want something to work toward.

Those are things that I see will bring the biggest increase in players. The gameplay for Planetside 2 is pretty damn good, and the balance will get there in time. The biggest balance factor that was completely out of whack was XP distribution and population imbalance and this patch is already adressing those two - even if that doesn't work, it means the Devs are completely aware of those issues and will see them fixed in time.
Old 2013-01-11, 03:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Beerbeer
Major

Well, considering SOE's past history and those that experienced new game releases, well that's all that needs to be known.

And Sony partially "fixing" infantry at this point will mean nothing unless they do it right, which they won't. Heck, even if they did, the time has passed.

Go world of tanks to stabilize IMO. And I mean that sincerely.
Old 2013-01-11, 04:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Beerbeer View Post
I say, like I've said months ago in beta, just get rid of infantry and turn this game into a WOT + WOA because no matter what you do, you're going to get it wrong at this late point in the game.

Do what is necessary to survive.
I personally think the patcch notes show real potential to improve the game.

I have no illusion that it will suddenly be perfect, but I disagree with your sentiment of hopelessness.
Old 2013-01-11, 04:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Beerbeer
Major

We'll see.
Old 2013-01-11, 04:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
LoliLoveFart
Contributor
First Sergeant

Why you guys still read beerbeer threads is beyond me.

Old 2013-01-11, 04:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Hamma
PSU Admin

Seriously man - you have created enough threads all of them very similar. Let's ease up on that - thanks.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-01-11, 04:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Beerbeer
Major

Who likes to read bad news? Constructive criticism, okay, three months worth of posts here from different people wasn't constructive enough?

That time has passed as well.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion