Thottbot Stats - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: My other car is an ANT.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-03-08, 09:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Thottbot Stats

46.8% with the Lasher certification? Cripes. Even at it's highest point the Jackhammer was nowhere near that prevalent. No wonder every flaw in that weapon design seems so magnified, when every other guy you come across is most likely holding one. The stupid empire hopping sheep are gonna get that thing nerfed in a hurry.

http://www.thottbot.com/planetside/2004-03-07/1/
Old 2004-03-08, 09:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

I wonder what is was at Lasher 2.0.

Old 2004-03-08, 09:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by SilverLord
I wonder what is was at Lasher 2.0.
It topped out at 39.8%. Of course it might have gone higher if it hadn't gotten such a quick nerf.

http://www.thottbot.com/planetside/2003-08-10/1/
Old 2004-03-08, 10:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

Wow..MCG was pretty low back then.

I remember when I first started playing PS and didn't even know the MCG existed because barely any TR used it.

Old 2004-03-08, 10:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Diddy Mao
Second Lieutenant

You also got to taken into account the ship jumpers (Tr/NC use'n their vs alts to try out the new lasher)
You last visited: 03-18-2005 at 01:50 PM - lol time flies
Old 2004-03-08, 10:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by SilverLord
Wow..MCG was pretty low back then.

I remember when I first started playing PS and didn't even know the MCG existed because barely any TR used it.

That's because it was complete and utter crap. Combine that with how incredibly effective the Striker was against MAX and air (and was even okay against vehicles) and the cert points were more wisely spent elsewhere. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the playerbase as a whole will gravitate towards the best and easiest weapons to use. That's what is happening with the Lasher right now, and it's interesting to see the Jackhammer trending downwards after such a long time at the top of the HA heap.
Old 2004-03-08, 10:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Diddy Mao
You also got to taken into account the ship jumpers (Tr/NC use'n their vs alts to try out the new lasher)
Originally Posted by Madcow
The stupid empire hopping sheep are gonna get that thing nerfed in a hurry.
I agree, but I also think a lot of the empire hoppers probably aren't in outfits (and therefore aren't being taken into account by Thott). At any rate, I think the general percentages are fairly indicative of the trends in the game. The Lasher trend is fairly undeniable right now, to the point that when I see somebody that actually knows how to use it well I take notice. Most everybody I see is a spamming moron with that weapon. Unfortunately, as an infiltrator even a spamming moron will kill you 90% of the time.
Old 2004-03-08, 10:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Empire hopping is the best indicator of empire strength.

Notice how people aren't itching to play with the MCG? Striker? Prowler?

It's because they suck.

Don't deny it, unless you wish to look like a newb, in which case, press on, little n00b.

TR will have their day. Until then, Lasher, Lancer, Jackhammer, Phoenix and the VS MAXs will own.

If you think TR MAXs own, you're a n00b in 1337s clothing. They don't own, and are in fact so far from ownership that they can't even see daylight.

It's neither a comfort nor a bane that the devs can't balance TR. It's just disturbing.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2004-03-08, 10:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

Now... The MCG is getting worse because it still takes like 20 bullets to kill a Rexo.

Yea..it shoots real fast but you have to land every single shot...

I just wish it would get a bit of a buff to compensate for the Rexo change.

Old 2004-03-08, 10:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Liquidtide
Contributor
First Lieutenant

I agree, some people with alt chars. probably came on and tried it but by now (2 weeks later) are back to their main char. Yes everyone and their vanu brother has the lasher it seems...

But I think I figured it out this weekend. 1 v 1 it's a decent battle with the lasher, but 1 v 2+ it's always a loss. The orbs, though easy to dodge 1v1 become way deadly against multiple VS (like stairways, hallways and other openings) where multiple orbs are lashing you. The lash needs a decrease... and the supposed bug with lashing through /around walls.
Old 2004-03-08, 10:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Diddy Mao
Second Lieutenant

I can Two Lashers vs me that's no problem but 3+ is where I suffer. And I got a Tr friend that gives me MCG"s daily and I love em more thent he jh and lasher. I kill 3-4 rexo's...... then run upstairs repair go back down again. I love the MCG it's not broken/need buff its just not in capable hands ;-)
Old 2004-03-08, 10:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Diddy Mao
I love the MCG it's not broken/need buff its just not in capable hands ;-)
I tend to not agree with that.

Most of my kills are from the MCG and well...

I am quite good with it i just wish i could kill guys just as fast with the other HA's.

Obviously your using agile and surge with your MCG though. I used to use that loadout and thats where i got my 5k kills from but Rexo is how you stay alive nowadays.

Old 2004-03-08, 10:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Diddy Mao
Second Lieutenant

I hardly see the big deal about rexo not much of a change for me, mcg though make take longer per encounter with a rexo. I just seems to fair better with it thent he lasher/jh I'd use the sweeper but not enough rounds for multiple people. Rexo may have effected some people more then other's but it hasn't change the way I play. Only difference I noticed is when i'm shoot'n @ in in my mosquito

The MCG does take the longest but you do live longer with it as well. The Lasher user will run in get two kills and have to reload. Jh will run in get one guy with single shot mode switch and take longer to get a triple jack on a rexo then he's "still" gotta get another one off and reload. MCG I can Take out one rexo keep going up the stairs to cc and get the 2 guys in cc without reload'n

Last edited by Diddy Mao; 2004-03-08 at 10:43 AM.
Old 2004-03-08, 02:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Desperado
Staff Sergeant

I drop my lasher for an MCG and JH every chance I get, to be honest I feel a little dirty using it -_-

I personally like the MCG overall, I suppose it's just a preference

oh, and when I had rexo, I would ALWAYS loot strikers, they are the best AV for a grunt IMO

Last edited by Desperado; 2004-03-08 at 02:53 PM.
Old 2004-03-08, 03:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

A major difference between Lasher and the other Heavy Assault weapons is that Lasher deals damage even when it misses.

Think about it for a moment. It hits when it hits and it hits when it misses. It's like Emeril poured on teh gh3y sauce and the audience lapped it right up.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion