2nd pistol slot for Infiltrator suit. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Not responsible for loss of girlfriend.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-03-13, 08:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Yerster
Contributor
Corporal

Thumbs up 2nd pistol slot for Infiltrator suit.

is it just me or would haveing 2 pistol slots in the infiltrator suit make it alot better! i cant even count the times i have been boomering get see an killed before i had time to draw a wepon an fight back because runing away isnt a option. if it was allowed 2 pistol slots it would give use infliltraitors a chance to not die everytime we are seen. If you where seen you could switch to your gun an acualy have a chance. also adding a second pistol slot would not be a "Magior overpowering buff" what do yall think?
Old 2004-03-13, 09:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
LimpBIT
Lieutenant Colonel

I wouldnt mind that. sounds ok but may make it unfair considering we already are invisible. Im an infilitrator also and im all for this but you need to think of other peoples needs too.

Old 2004-03-13, 10:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Jaged
Contributor
Lieutenant General

I don't think it would make it unfair. We cloakers need some serious loving as it is.
Old 2004-03-13, 11:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Krinsath
Sergeant Major

With the grenade changes coming up, they might be leery of just giving an outright 2nd holster. As it's going to stand the infiltrators will be able to carry 30 plasma grenades. I'd settle for a hard-wired REK though...
Old 2004-03-13, 11:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Yerster
Contributor
Corporal

well just because we are clocked done mean we arnt seen ll the time with the interlink in place. an misquitos. an if i am corect if 1 member of a squad spots you everyoen in that squad can see you on the map. so once we blip on radar why boomering or somethign we are done for. if we where able to have a 2nd pitol slot we would acualt have a fighting chance.
Old 2004-03-14, 12:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Seer
Major

Hardwired rek would certainly be a cool thing. I'm leery of changing stealthers though--they lead fragile and difficult lives, and there aren't many of them, but I happen to like it that way.
Old 2004-03-14, 12:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Brigadier General

Misc Info

I think the idea is ok. If it doesn't go through it wouldn't be that bad, I'm not a full time cloacker but I have tried the cert sometimes when I felt like it and I thought it was ok how it was. If they do put in a second holster it wouldn't make it unfair and they will still be easy targets for my JH.
Old 2004-03-14, 04:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
HawkEye
Major

Misc Info

they shuold put in a 2nd holster for infil it would help them greatly. infil is fun only when u have CE but that my opinion.
Old 2004-03-14, 07:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

I don't honestly like the idea of having infiltrators with 2 pistol holsters, although I wouldn't terribly mind if they made it a post BR20 feature.
Old 2004-03-14, 08:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Yerster
Contributor
Corporal

that would make since to have it post Br20 i think hehe just gives people something else to shoot for an like 321 said giveing use 2 holsters wouldnt be unfar because we will probly die first time we are seen anyway hehe but at least we would have a chance.
Old 2004-03-14, 09:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Krinsath
Sergeant Major

The more people discuss post-BR20 improvements, the more I begin to dislike the idea.

Yes, they need something to shoot for, but they need minor tweaks to existing abilities, not wholesale revision of the class. EVERY infiltrator should get 2 slots if any get 2 slots. Now, if you want to say that below BR20 has a hard-wired REK while post BR20s can get 2 slots for whatever they want (i.e. - they're not locked into a REK for that 2nd slot), that's fine. We have so many BR20s out there anymore that they forget a lot of people aren't at that point.
Old 2004-03-14, 10:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Majik
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Why stop with the infils though? Why not just make a post BR20 that allows the addition of a pistol slot to any uniform? I know I could use another pistol slot in my rexo. Med App/Bank/Rek all at my fingertips would be great.
Old 2004-03-14, 10:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Krinsath
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Majik
Why stop with the infils though? Why not just make a post BR20 that allows the addition of a pistol slot to any uniform? I know I could use another pistol slot in my rexo. Med App/Bank/Rek all at my fingertips would be great.
That's not a terribly shabby idea, but I think the Devs are trying to move away from the super-soldier that can do everything so they probably won't give an extra ammo box of inventory space. Now, if they took that chunk out of your inventory and let you have another holster...that'd be cool.
Old 2004-03-14, 11:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Xijx
Private

I Like the Hard wired Req idea.

2 pistol slots would be the Ultimate Fix(Just as long as no Tombraider Ownage) and wouldn't be all that bad because you still have to swap between them....worst effect is it would lower the reload time on the amp slightly when carying 2 AMp's

Dual grenades would be pointless. Hybrid genade and Pistol would prolly need some testing, But proly not very bad at all.

Dual Boomers(Ace) would probably be the Biggest nerf Cry for the change....And still, we already see that alot anyway
Old 2004-03-14, 11:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
GreyFlcn
Sergeant Major

www.planetsideimages.com/uploads/grenadeslot.gif
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion