A little idea - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: life is a b!tch, her name is {{eMaGyN}}
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-03-14, 05:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Subterfuge
Corporal

A little idea

Well I was thinking about this today, Not sure if it's been suggested before or not.

Weapons/Misc Training

Basically when you acquire a cert,You get a small exp bar for it. It would increase by how much you use that cert's abilities, Which in turn would increase the effectiveness of the cert. To counter the ability to learn all the certs, there could be a forgetful option where if you don't use a cert for an extended amount of time the bar would go down. Or perhaps limiting the amount of learning you can do.

This would distinguish someone who has just purchased a cert from someone who's been using it for a while. I could see how this could be overpowering in a sense, maybe someone could mold it better.
Old 2004-03-14, 05:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Rayder
General

Misc Info

No. Giving people an advantage over others because they can just go to a locked cont and spam whatever it is they're using is stupid. Also, how it the effectiveness be increased?
Old 2004-03-14, 06:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

I can see what you're trying to do, make it so that veterans that use weapons (or even vehicles) have better weapons than those who are "newbs" and are just using them because they're easy xp. Or something along those lines.

Whilst the concept is a good idea, I doubt it'd be very popular in the method described above. Also in a world where balance is so critical it could make things a lot more difficult.
Old 2004-03-14, 10:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
XxXMaRiNeXxX
Staff Sergeant

I thought it was a great idea, but how about rather then per use, you get XP for it per kill?
The bonuses would have to be carefully thought over, maybe they could make it a sop-mod gun, like getting laser sights, extra zoom distance, a 3 shot burst feature, etc.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion