Will Beta TOS allow making videos? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: WTS?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-12, 10:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Chewy
Major

Will Beta TOS allow making videos?

Like the title says. Will we will be able to make videos of the beta or will the TOS be against it like just about every other beta Iv tested?

Seeing how the Devs have been so open with alpha footage, I don't see much reason to block it. But Im not a PR person so I need to ask.
Old 2012-06-12, 10:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Turdicus
Master Sergeant

Re: Will Beta TOS allow making videos?

There will be one of those confidentiality thingies for the beta. Definitely for the closed beta, and I don't know for sure about the open one. But yeah they mentioned there would be an NDA
Old 2012-06-12, 10:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Tarconus
Corporal

Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Like the title says. Will we will be able to make videos of the beta or will the TOS be against it like just about every other beta Iv tested?

Seeing how the Devs have been so open with alpha footage, I don't see much reason to block it. But Im not a PR person so I need to ask.
Good question but with Totalbiscut putting footage up as well as the E3 streams I would hope they would allow it.
Old 2012-06-12, 10:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Exmortius
Master Sergeant

i would expect them to give a greenlight eventually for beta footage. most likely when they are about ready to launch it and end beta. although they might decide to not do that if they hype it up from their own beta footage and want to actually market it hardcore. definitely a good question though imo.
Old 2012-06-12, 11:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Chewy
Major

Can't tell you how many times I tried to start a lets-play or just a few clips mashed up. Every time I try I somehow ruin it due to my OCD of must having it be the best I got or forget to record the blind run. Either way I end up deleting HOURS of footage.

I figure that if I can get some beta videos of the mass chaos early, then I just might be able to finally start something. Everyone gotta start somewhere and having a limited item helps a lot.

If the NDA does block videos, then I'll just have to find a gimmick elsewhere.
Old 2012-06-13, 12:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Kran De Loy
Captain

Wouldn't be surprised if they didn't allow footage of close beta stuff, but released players to post it after they lift the NDA.

Doing it that way would cover they're bases about having certain parts of the game they do not want getting released to the public before they're ready to do so.

It would also generate a ton of free, fan made publicity for them once they lift the NDA.
Old 2012-06-13, 02:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
PS2TV
Private

I think that the NDA will definitely be in effect. With TotalBiscuit they have control over the media that is released through his agreement (Very TR of them).

I know that we're planning on recording most of our beta footage if it is allowed, and releasing it upon the lift of the NDA.

It's probably something they'll address with the release of the beta, or close to the release. Until then- we can only speculate.

PS2TV Team
-----------------------------
Dan "Grinn" Mac
Jordan "Tidomann" Tiedemann
Old 2012-06-13, 02:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
DarkChiron
First Sergeant

I also plan on some heavy video creation from my beta experiences, once it's allowed. I think my viewers will be fairly excited about it. And if they're not, I'll MAKE them be excited. This game deserves nothing less.

I plan on recording footage anyway for testing purposes, though. If you find a bug, it's much better for them to SEE what you were doing rather than trying to explain to them what happened. Of course, even having private videos up may be against their rules. I wonder if they'll have a submission service to upload video of bugs?
Old 2012-06-13, 09:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Hamma
PSU Admin

There will be an NDA like any other Beta so until the green light is given folks will not be able to record video.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-06-13, 09:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Bazilx
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
There will be an NDA like any other Beta so until the green light is given folks will not be able to record video.
Technically, they won't be able to RELEASE video.
Old 2012-06-13, 09:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
kaffis
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Bazilx View Post
Technically, they won't be able to RELEASE video.
Depends on how the NDA is written.

They may not want closed beta video released post-NDA lift; if there are ugly or obvious bugs or balance concerns, that can cause some PR damage even if you've got the official line going "but that's not in-game anymore!"
Old 2012-06-13, 09:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Mechzz
Major

Given that it seems some form of closed beta may well be underway as we speak, can any of our internet detectives track down a wee youtube vid or 2?

That would put it to the test!
Old 2012-06-13, 09:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
fishirboy
Staff Sergeant

Can't wait for the videos to poor out, it will be minecraft overflows again, love it!
Old 2012-06-13, 09:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Nax
Corporal

The reason there is an NDA for beta is because Total Biscuit is partnered with them and wants exclusive rights to record, so he gets all the views. Don't try and says its because its a beta we have seen tons of footage already.
Old 2012-06-13, 10:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Hamma
PSU Admin

Honestly I would not release pre-NDA footage.

I don't think it has anything to do with TotalBiscuit - SOE may have thing in the game we have not seen yet and do not want released.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion