PSU: I once had a crush on you
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Old 2006-01-24, 07:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Hamma
PSU Admin

Ahh the Gov't

As many of you may or may not recall Jenny is Canadian and I imported her to the states to marry About a year ago June we successfully got her Green Card.

Problem is we still have not got it yet via the mail and all she has is this cheesy stamp in her passport. Companies are getting confused and putting her job applications aside in favor of citizens (Discrimination for the lose). So tomorrow we head into Boston to find out what in teh heck is going on with the card.

Hopefully, we will get it soon as her passport one expires in a couple months. Damn red tape.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2006-01-24, 07:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

That's what governments are for. To get in a man's way.

Old 2006-01-24, 07:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Hamma
PSU Admin

The worst part is people just run across the border because all this crap is such a pain. So many hoops...

Old 2006-01-24, 09:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Peacemaker
Contributor
Major General

No offence to canada or anything... infact I think they should just do this at the southern border... we need milita men standing on a 40 foot concrete wall that stretches from one ocean to the other with rifles. Come within 50 feet of the wall and you will be arested. 10 feet of the wall and your shot. In the leg. Whats mexico gunna do? war dec us? We would wtfpwn them with our navy. Thier whole fuggin country is surrounded by water.

But anyways.. that sucks hamma. GL with it.
Old 2006-01-24, 07:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
eXoSloth
Major

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Peacemaker
No offence to canada or anything... infact I think they should just do this at the southern border... we need milita men standing on a 40 foot concrete wall that stretches from one ocean to the other with rifles. Come within 50 feet of the wall and you will be arested. 10 feet of the wall and your shot. In the leg. Whats mexico gunna do? war dec us? We would wtfpwn them with our navy. Thier whole fuggin country is surrounded by water.

I'm sure that wouldn't like, cost very much or anything
Old 2006-01-24, 07:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
OneManArmy
Contributor
Lieutenant General

See Rednecks Live Everywhere Not Just The South!!!!
Old 2006-01-24, 07:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Mag-Mower
General

Misc Info

Slander!

Whats wrong with us? We just elected George W. Bush Jr... Why you dislikng us now? With Jr as our PM, we will become a shadow of the US... hmmm... A shadow divided by a wall...
Old 2006-01-24, 08:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
BUGGER
Major General

Misc Info

I say burn everything and live life on the run.....thats what Keifer Sutherland did on tv.....and the tv is always right.

http://mrchevys3.blogspot.com/

Living is easy with eyes closed.
Old 2006-01-24, 09:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
AztecWarrior
Lightbulb Collector

We would wtfpwn them with our navy. Thier whole fuggin country is surrounded by water.

So Belize and Guatemala don't exist? What the fuck is Mexico, an island?
The gun katas. Through analysis of thousands of recorded gunfights, the Cleric has determined that the geometric distribution of antagonists in any gun battle is a statistically predictable element. The gun kata treats the gun as a total weapon, each fluid position representing a maximum kill zone, inflicting maximum damage on the maximum number of opponents while keeping the defender clear of the statistically traditional trajectories of return fire. By the rote mastery of this art, your firing efficiency will rise by no less than 120%. The difference of a 63% increase to lethal proficiency makes the master of the gun katas an adversary not to be taken lightly.
Old 2006-01-24, 10:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Hamma
PSU Admin

Whats wrong with us? We just elected George W. Bush Jr...
That's not really a good thing.

Old 2006-01-24, 10:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Kam
Major

Oh come on, mexico would cost us three cruise missles. And no, Belize and Guatemala don't exist. That map lies.
Old 2006-01-24, 10:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
eXoSloth
Major

Misc Info

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
See Rednecks Live Everywhere Not Just The South!!!!
Old 2006-01-24, 11:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

I love how we spend billions on airport security spending hours checking for possible terrorists, while Mexicans are climbing over a 5 foot fence and walking into our country.

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!
Old 2006-01-25, 12:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
eXoSloth
Major

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Electrofreak
I love how we spend billions on airport security spending hours checking for possible terrorists, while Mexicans are climbing over a 5 foot fence and walking into our country.
And these two things are comparable how?

Last edited by eXoSloth; 2006-01-25 at 12:45 AM.
Old 2006-01-25, 02:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

Because we're spending billions on national security in our airports when we've got people with who knows what kind of criminal history or terrorist background just walking into our country.

A good majority of the Most Wanted in the US are illegal aliens. I do not make this up.

Not to mention... we screen every foreigner that enters our country extensively, but theoretically if a terrorist wanted to enter our country he could just go to Mexico and walk across our border. Don't you see a problem here? What good is our so-called national security when we don't bother to enforce our immigration laws?

I'm not hating on Mexicans or anything here, I understand the vast majority are just trying to make a living by earning a buck, often doing the things typical Americans don't want to do, but the immigration laws are there for a reason. Now it sucks when it comes down to getting someone like Jenny into our country, and there should be a way to streamline the process instead of wrapping it all up in red tape, but the bottom line is, we can't just let anyone walk into the country and live here illegally. They don't pay taxes, they aren't registered to vote, they aren't registered for the draft, they don't have a criminal background we can check, they don't have a social security number or any means to fill out and apply for numerous government and state services, etc.

Bottom line: immigration laws suck, but they're necessary. I can't see how human rights groups get into such a fuss when securing our borders gets discussed. We're not trying to make life HARD for illegal immigrants, but we need to keep track of who is in this country, their past history (and any criminal history to prevent citizens becoming endangered), as well as have them contribute to the government through taxation, as well as be eligible for benefits that the government can provide (like medicare etc). I hope things keep moving along for Jenny so she can finally break through the wall of beaurocracy that surrounds immigration, and it sure would be wonderful if only it could be simpler.

(ok I think I'm done).

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!

Last edited by Electrofreak; 2006-01-25 at 03:11 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge