Big Ideas Beta 1.0 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Awaiting Approval
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-03-02, 01:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Peacemaker
Contributor
Major General

Big Ideas Beta 1.0

Ok so me and Earlydawn (aka LNS) from CDL worked on this stuff for a little while. As you can see there is stuff that we havnt figured out yet and just left the idea as open. Check it! Please excuse the messed up paragraphs this is right outa note pad. It will all be fixed when I do the final version of this.

New Infantry Weapons/ Equipment

Stiletto- Standard Assult, 2 firing modes (Taser and Stun), 100 cell Clip, Pistol sized
Stun- All stanima drained, uses 75 cells which recharge in 30 seconds,
point blank only
Taser- Max Range 1meter, takes 100 cells at max and 50 at point blank.
Lashes out and locks on within target bubble, multipule targets can be in
arc and be hit (if two targets at 1 meter and both are in the target bubble
both will die when all 100 cells gone) Can lash 3 at maximum. For point blank
it takes 1.5 seconds to kill, at max it takes 2.

Halberd- AT AV weapon. Decimator sized. 80 cells per charge, 10 cells per shot
Two firing modes, Tag and bolt.
Tag- will tag a vehicle and eneable the bolt mode to home in on the tag.
Lasts 15 seconds and can be removed by a friendly jammer.
Bolt- can be fired with out being locked onto a target and then the cursor can
be placed over the target instantly locking it causing the bolt to start homeing
allowing it to go around objects such as trees or a wall. Turns at a phnx rate of
turn and is slightly faster than the phnx. Does between a striker and phnx damage.
The target bubble enables you to see the tag through objects. (X ray style)

Decimator- Changes up the origonal decimator for a one shot pertube unit. Tube takes up
1/3rd the inventory space as present decimator (1x9). The tubes will not auto select
so you have to change up the tubes in your inventory screen. This gives the decimator
a lower TTK on MAX units. (an infantry with one tube equiped will have to switch another
tube in) This also allows a unit to carry more things in their inventory such as AV ammo
along with 2 decis. Or a standard armor to carry 3 ammo boxes, 1 deci and 3 medpacks or
8 nades.

SL Camera- Comes with being a squad leader. A helmet mounted camera lets a commander in an inquisitor
command aircraft see through the SL's eyes.

Empire MA Over and Under-
For 1 cert point you can add a grenadelauncher/ shotgun tube on the bottom of Empire Rifles.
Unlike the punisher you can only have one type of tube equiped. Shotgun, Rocklet, Frag,
Jammer, or plasma. Getting the one cert point opens up a new inventory slot that can only
fit the new weapon addon.

Common Pool HA-

Empire Specific SA-

New Aircraft

Valkyrie Interceptor -
High speed anti aircraft. Low manuverability, cannot slow down or land once launched
Carrys 4 AA missles witch are relativly easy to dodge/break lock in Mossys and Reavers.
Liberator is hard to break lock. Galaxy Class and Lodestar = Near Impossible lock break.
Also carrys a single 25mm nose gun with 150 rounds in the gun and 300 reserve shots.
Speed = 250 Kph Top AB speed= 350kph. A well timed mossy or reaver burn can let
you shoot it down. Other than head on passes Max missles cant keep up. VERY LOW ARMOR.
2 Max missles will kill it if they can hit it. Cannot bail from aircraft unless you
loose control. Can only be landed, rearmed, and launched from Interceptor bases.
(Note you cannot slow down, you are locked at a constant 250kph)
You may enter a new continent from anywhere on the globe using the interceptor, it
has a new option in the esc menu that enables you to fly to linked continents and arrive at
a friendly linked warp gate.

Galaxy Destroyer Gunship-
This massive aircraft is the same as the galaxy. Its left side is dominated by a row of weapon systems.
The first are the 4 20mm recoiless cannons. They are the same cannons on the deliverer transport and have
a pivot of 80 degrees in any direction on the left side of the craft. Then comes a dual barreled 75mm cannon
station which has a 60 degree field of fire. The last weapon system is the 105mm howitzer near the tail of
the ship. It has a 40 degree field of fire and is considerbly less accurate than tanks main gun and packs slightly
more punch than a 100mm. The rate of fire is about the same as a 100mm. It also has an arcing shot that is similar
to the vangaurds main gun. It has 20% more armor than a galaxy. It can only be purchased at a dropship center.

Inquisitor Command and EW Aircraft-
The Inquisitor command and Electronic warfare aircraft is a mobile command point. It has 3 seats, a pilot, the command
chair and a 25mm tail gunner. It sports a long fusalage and a radar sticking out of the tail. The command chair can be
used by CR3 and up commanders. When in the chair the timers for all command abilities are cut in half, the Orbital strike
being an exception. The Map can also be zoomed in when using command abilities and the range of all of them doubles. The
commander can then set up to 8 waypoints, see through SL's helmet cameras, and see the numbers of friendlies on diffrent
area's of the contient. The pilot is unarmed except for the ECM system. The ECM system disables wall turrets, slows down the
rate of fire on all ground vehicles in its range by 1/4th, blocks Interlink Benefits, and doubles the lock on time for any
lock on weapon it also disables the sensor on Burster maxs and skyguards so only direct hits work. Spitfires are disabled as
are mines. The effects last as long as the NTU capasitor in the aircraft is full. Normaly it fills over time (about 5 minutes)
if there is a commander in the command seat. Otherwise you must fuel the NTU capasitor at a warpgate. The maximum effect time is
45 seconds. The inquisitor jams the sensors of all of this equipment by flooding the SOI with NTU's confusing the sensors. It
can only be purchased at a dropship center.

"Evil" Hammer Transport Ship- (Pegasus is an alternate name we had
The Hammer Transport is a half squad transport designed to insert troops by not hotdroping from maxmium altitude. They are biult to fly
into a hot zone demount 5 infantry and fly away providing some cover fire. It is maned by a pilot and two of the passengers use doormounted
12mm rotary machineguns. The pilot also has a 30mm (dual reaver 20s maybe) nose mounted cannon. It carries 3 passengers and 2 gunners in an
open cargo area. (This area may not be possible due to engine limits) The passengers can be injured inside this area but all damage is
reduced by 2/3rds except for bolt driver bolts. All damage not taken by infantry in the hold is transfered to the aircraft. The passengers
can also engage with personal weapons from inside. The mounted 12mms have a 45 degree field of fire and have a CoF like a
lightning. It can only be purchased with a techplant. -Dedicated to hamma

New Ground Vehicles

Empire Specific IFVs-
The empire specific infantry fighting vehicles are designed to transport 3 passengers a gunner and a driver while still being able to engage
enemy armor. They are slower than Assult Buggies and less manuverable but faster than tanks. They can be spawned at any base.

Terran- Scorpion IFV
The scorpion is armed with a rapid fire 25mm cannon with explosive warheads and a quad pack Heavy Striker anti armor missle. The Heavy Striker
can lock onto armor but not aircraft or MAXs and packs 1/3rd more power and has a greater range. It is the heaviest armored of the three and thus
the slowest and has the weakest firepower.

NC- Instigator IFV
The Instigator is armed with the same 35mm cannon on the Liberator but it like the scorpions 25mm has a small explosive tip. It is also armed with
a Heavy Pheonix Rocket. This larger Pheonix flys 50% faster, is unguided, and packs 1/4th more punch than its smaller brother the pheonix. It comes
in a 3 rocket clip. It has the medium speed, most firepower, slowest ROF, and medium armor.

VS- Jackal
The Jackal is armed with a light PPA. Its slightly less powerfull than the PPA on a magrider. It also carries dual lancers. They have an increased
speed of projectile but delievers the same damage and no pause before the shot. The Jackal hovers like all other Vanu specfic ground craft. It is
the lightest armored most manuverable, medium ROF, and has a medium punch.

Empire Specific Main Battle Tanks-
The MBTs for the empires will be larger than the origonal tanks. The Heavy tanks can only be purchased at the Sanctuary on the air terminals.

New Facilities

Interceptor Base-
Very small base (Amp station sized) It has 3 launch tubes on one end and 3 recovery strips at the other.
Generator is located at the top of the facility and the CC is located at the bottom. It also has two air
terminals that can spawn reavers and mossys with or without a tech plant. And Repair pads that dont need
a dropship center to opperate. 2 on small continents (solsar) 3 on a big one (Ish, Cyssor).
I feel they should replace an Amp station or Bio lab seeing as there are alot of them. A map in the top
room which holds the 2 Air terms, and the gen next to it show enemy air contacts on the entire continent.
The map is color coordinated in regions of the cont to show the general number of aircraft. (This room looks
like the Tech plant upstairs room except the map does something) This base has no ground terminals and no benifits.
Only 3 aircraft may be rearming at anyone time. A landing requires you to approach the landing pads from the correct
direction and hit G. You then land are taken underground repaired and rearmed and launched. If someone spawns an interceptor
in front of you while landed you have to wait in a line.
Old 2004-03-02, 01:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Black
Lieutenant Colonel

Nice job on the ideas
Old 2004-03-02, 01:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
EarlyDawn
Major General

Yay!
Old 2004-03-02, 02:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Salazar
Staff Sergeant

Great ideas, especially the Galaxy Gunship, its descritpion reminds me of an AC-130 Spectre.
Old 2004-03-02, 03:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
ORANGE
First Lieutenant

[CHANT] gunship gunship [/CHANT]

P.S. Early and Peace are sooo sexy
Old 2004-03-02, 03:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
NoSurrender
Contributor
Colonel

im still aiting for drawrings

Thanks to Eine for my awesome sig
Old 2004-03-02, 03:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

The StarCraft Valkyrie Frigate surrenders.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2004-03-02, 04:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

On the Hammer i would buff the guns to the libs 20mm's.

I like those ideas, except teh MBT's shoudlb be able to be had on the DSC's Ari pad aswell

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-03-02, 08:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Cauldron Borne
Captain

Ummm... the DSC's airpad is a story up.... you have to go UPSTAIRS to get to it...

Oh waut! ther is that totally useless ramp that you could use...

SPAM SONG! (Yes, it DOES exist kiddies.)
Old 2004-03-02, 08:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Peacemaker
Contributor
Major General

Yea before it used to be stuff would come down the ramp off that pad but they couldnt get it to work right so they just added another v pad.

How do you guys like the new AT weps and the Deci change?
Old 2004-03-02, 08:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
dscytherulez
Lieutenant Colonel

I like the stiletto, but doesn't the halberd kinda put the striker out of a job?
Old 2004-03-02, 09:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Duffman
Contributor
First Lieutenant

deci change is the suck
Old 2004-03-02, 10:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Peacemaker
Contributor
Major General

The halberd cant target aircraft well.

I hate you duff.
Old 2004-03-03, 12:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Black
Lieutenant Colonel

the deci looks like it should shoot 1 missle not 3 wheres the storage for the other 2 can anyone tell me that? it jus seems normal that it would shoot 1 for its look
Old 2004-03-03, 10:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Duffman
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Peacemaker
The halberd cant target aircraft well.

I hate you duff.
o adn the airthing sounds dumb too

o and the feling of hate is mutual
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion