[Idea] Decreasing out of the gate ammo runs, making vehicle favs more valuable - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: What does F5 do?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-03-08, 10:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Seer
Major

[Idea] Decreasing out of the gate ammo runs, making vehicle favs more valuable

Earlier today I was thinking about the Liberator, and how its fuselage seemed too small to carry the bombs that it did. For that matter, it seemed odd to me that a soldier in agile would be able to carry 200 of these bombs. It struck me that the bombs must be synthesized on board the vehicle, and that, fictionally speaking, the same thing was happening in other vehicles. The ammo was just a can of factors.

So I wondered then, why there are different types of ammo boxes. It'd be a fictional stretch, but it seemed to me that they could make it so that the ammunition carried in one of the boxes could create any type of round it wanted. So I thought of this idea, which happens to make vehicle favorites more valuable and decreases those annoying times when, fresh off the vpad in your skyguard, you have 900 rounds of 12mm and all you need is another box of flak.

Convert all vehicle ammo in the game to boxes of a 100 "basic synthesis units." These boxes would equal, at an exchange rate that approximates the rounds in todays boxes, any round that any one of the vehicle's gunners requests. There are advantages and disadvantages to this, but I think the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages.

First of all, you would only need one vehicle favorite for every vehicle. Second of all, your vehicle would be ready for any mission right off the pad. Lastly, it would simplify the re-arming process. No more having to scroll through the list or waste multiple infantry favorites on re-arming your vehicle. It would encourage efficient operation of a vehicle, since the gun is fired most often will have ammo available to it in proportion to the lack of use of the other guns.

The prime, and far as I can see only, disadvantage is that you might get some yahoo driving or gunning a vehicle that thinks it fun to run down the common ammunition pool with the worst gun on the vehicle. I think this problem is nothing that can't be solved by telling them to stop, or if you can, booting them off.

It seems to me that it wouldn't be a drag to implement, compared to some of the other changes they've been contemplating. It does amount to a small buff to vehicles, but it removes some of the needless frustration involving the current vehicle ammo system.
Old 2004-03-08, 10:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

not bad, that would be cool, and how about Vehicles leaving thier trunks behind, so we can cap thier ammo, i ran into a problem the otherday we did a small raid and had no place to get ammo for the vechs it sucked

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-03-08, 10:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
SquirrelMan
Staff Sergeant

hm, I like that
Old 2004-03-08, 10:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Peacemaker
Contributor
Major General

agreed. Although it takes away from the game alittle. I both like and dislike it.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion