TK'ing behavior - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: "Dude, you're getting a stick and a bag"?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-03-09, 02:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
xxhereticxx
Private

TK'ing behavior

I just have a question for everybody.

If someone shoots you, obviously on purpose, just for their own enjoyment what do you do?

Because, and I've been guilty of this a few times, my old mouse would just start to shoot for no reason at all. It would just shoot. And I would accidentally shoot someone, so they kill me. Understandable.....once. But then they proceed to kill me everytime they see me. I've been shot a few times just because someone is bored so I shoot them back. Then send them a tell letting them know not to shoot me for no reason (friendly fire in a zerg or something along those lines is understandable).

But, now that I got totally off subject, what do you do when someone shoots you for no apparent reason?
Old 2004-03-09, 04:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
bryan25
Sergeant Major

I heal my self and challenge them to a knife fight.
Old 2004-03-09, 05:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Sputty
Banned

Depending on how I feel or who it is, I return the fire a bit.
Old 2004-03-09, 06:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Otherick
Sergeant Major

see if that person dies, then wait at spawn and kill him like 3 times he comes out. Fair
Old 2004-03-09, 08:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Depends if I was really doing something then I would be pissed and go after them or maybe I would think it was just the enemy. If we are sitting at a secure base and someoen shoots me but doesn't kill me I'm fine I just heal and repair and get my JH out and make sure he doesn't do it again.
Old 2004-03-09, 09:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

It depends. I will try to answer your question as best as possible. TK'ing is a disease, a sickness we call ADHD. People who do this must be treated compassionately and amends must be made for their illness. They can't help their attention deficit disorder. So. Generally I and my platoon hunt them down and drive them out of the game, while we spread the word on command chat.

I absolutely HATE TK'ing of any sort. This includes the ADHD-sufferers that you find engaging in intra-outfit TK'ing at the last hack. Invariably someone else gets caught in the crossfire. And they better not be a Black Widow, or you will suffer the consequences. I don't pay for this game to sit there and see red killing red, regardless of what it is. If you fire in my direction, you better be shooting the enemy behind me. Or else I'm going to stuff my knife so far up your ass you'll be spitting chain links for a week.

Your job as a troop in this game is to kill the enemy. Not your buddies and your brothers/sisters. Take your Ritallin before you play, because it's getting old. FAST. While you're TK'ing every living thing in sight, the other two empires are crawling up your asses, taking back what you just fought for. You just wasted your time and you wasted mine. You will *NOT* dictate how my time is spent and if you waste my time, I am going to make you pay until I feel my gaming pay-rates have been vindicated.

If you shoot at me to get my attention or you're just having a bit of fun without the intent to put me down, you better be a long way off and pray I don't find you. You better put me out in one round and make sure there are none of my battle brothers around.

I don't care what SOE's lame-ass policies are. They don't listen to paying customers when they say things like Vanu are overpowered. So I am not going to listen to CSRDanB and his fat boss Tom Cockhard. If you engage me, I will engage you back.

I hope this answers your question, and sheds some light on the sort of mental illness known as ADHD and the sympathy we must have for rabidly-ADD'd victims.
Old 2004-03-09, 09:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Firefly
I don't care what SOE's lame-ass policies are.
I thought if someone tks you, you are allowed to fire back?
Old 2004-03-09, 09:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

I don't know what it is anymore. The DC was AI in beta and now it's coming back. What does this say about change and policies? My understanding was that any acts of deliberate TK'ing and griefing would be punished, including those who try defending themselves.
Old 2004-03-09, 09:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

If someone tries to TK me when I am doing nothing but just sit there and waiting for a hack to go through, I def will kill them.

I'll flip on personal shield and crouch MCG their ass.

And after that is done, i wait at the closest spawn for them, wait for them to get their gear, and kill them some more until they say sorry or spawn somewhere else.

I especially love when my friend and I are drivin around in a Skygaurd or Prowler and hes gettin ammo and a friendly steals it. I sit there and shoot the ground in front of the vehicle to destroy both of us inside just because he stole our vehicle. Or if they kick me out, i'll striker their ass. Or I could have a friend thats in a Reaver kill him.

Old 2004-03-09, 09:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
OfaLoaf
Colonel

"Meet me at the field of Honor, at dawn."
Old 2004-03-09, 12:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
SpunkJackel
Corporal

Wow...I'm so starting a TR char just to kill Black Widows
Old 2004-03-09, 02:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Bring it on. We'll give you so much grief that you'll be locked for a week.
Old 2004-03-09, 02:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Desperado
Staff Sergeant

I'm sure Firefly doesn't speak for Black Widow Company as a whole, just let them grief out man, what's the point? I get enough grief from retards running down the middle of the bridge as is, I sure as hell don't need another couple hundred just to TK some random 7-day trial newbie.

There was one occasion though, where I was, let's say, annoyed to the extreme, and in the middle of a fight for control of the CY I duck out to heal/repair, this dude walks up, spams v-n-m and so on, my squad is rallying up at another base somewhere, so I run to the tubes to decon, and that same nublet TK's me, I send him a tell

me - "wtf?"
randomn00b47 - "you didn't heal me homo."

as I stated above, I was already pissed, and when i respawn, who do I see? that's right, Mr. Nublet himself, all dressed in his grey agile like the failure he is, so i procede to give him a few dozen rounds to the spine.

I suppose there are some situations where the lust for veangence takes over, but in most cases it's better to just let it go, and pity the bored nooby for being the failure that he is.
Old 2004-03-09, 03:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Onizuka-GTO
Lieutenant Colonel

wow. killing the medic because he was too slow.

No wonder we need security in hospitals....

I love you, You love me, Lets go kill those dammn NC's With their jackhammer shotguns, And their Phoenix Missiles too, and make them wish they were barney's too.
Old 2004-03-09, 03:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Desperado
Staff Sergeant

Well, to be honest, I wasn't going to heal him anyway, I didn't pick up medical to heal other people

I know I sound like a heartless bastard, but that's just too damn bad
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion