Trailer 1 of 3? More to follow? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Have you eaten your bullets today?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-07-28, 07:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
RageMasterUK
Corporal

Trailer 1 of 3? More to follow?

Hahaha! HAHAHAHA!! HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!
Everyone listen up, especially those TR mildly dissapointed in the trailer.

This is purely speculation with applied reasoning but...

I am almost willing to bet money that there will be a second and third trailer.

A.
Still approximately 6 months from propper launch.

Is this trailer enough to tide the gaming community over for 6 months? I very much doubt it, SOE knows it. I think they're being real smart about the timing of the release of the other two trailers. They may already exist, or they may still be in production, but they will stagger the release of them to surf this massive wave of E3 hype all the way down to release, atleast thats what I'd do if I were them.

B.
Complete underrepresentation of the Terran Republic (and VanSovs to an extent)

The three faction element to this game is a fundamental and unique sellingpoint of the franchise. The reason TR didnt get any airtime on this trailer is not because SOE missed a trick. More like they still have the ace up their sleeve. This is all real funny as some TR feel they've been hard-done by. Ofcourse they've specifically left them blurred and passive in the trailer, they are OBVIOUSLY going to hit you later on with this content. Same with the VS, you only got to see them take down one guy. Also, if it was the only trailer, why would they focus on NC when TR blatantly look the best? ;-D

C.
Main focus on only one class.

Sure there was a whole war going on in the background but the action was mainly focused on jetpacking hardcore 1337n355. There was 0.5 secs of max unit shown. The only heavy's I saw in the vid were sitting in a galaxy getting merced, not even sure they were heavies on second view. Contrasted against the amount of attention light-assault got, there was 15 of em lined up at the start, they merc'ed everything they saw, the infantry kills at the start of the vid looked like they were light assault too. There was a mid-air light-on-light cqb. There is PLENTY of other iconic content from the PS2 world they didnt choose to touch onthis time round.

D.
Trailer shows progression in faction and class introduction.
Starts TR vs NC, ends with NC vs VS
Starts Light Assault Intensive, ends with Infil squad team

Whats the next stage? Whats the stage after that? Now you're piecing it together. VS get their 'attack' video, more than likely from the POV of the Infil squad. NC become the fodder. TR reveal their counter-attacking army at the end of trailer 2. Focus shifts to TR for the final vid.

E.
SOE's DC Universe trailer was over 7 minutes long.

SOE know they have an awesome product from the success at E3. I do not believe that they will want to stop at a 3-4 minute cinematic for a product they know right now is going to be a massive hit for them.

Third trailer would be the VS vs TR, all eventually leading into visuals of a supermacro threeway clusterf*ck battle beginning, and more than likely with the re-appearance of the exact same Light-Assault guy from this current NC trailer as the very final shot in the last trailer :P

As I said before this is pure speculation. I wouldn't be dissapointed if it turned out not to be the case, but honestly, if Ladbrookes would take a bet at any odds I would place it right now ;D It is almost gob-smackingly obvious that this is the case, if you look at the trailer with a critical eye for media. It ceirtainly seems that they left ALL THE DOORS OPEN to pull a move like this. By far the biggest reveal is the lack of TR closeups. They practically left a whole empire out visually. Also, not a single VS energy weapon fired... odd dont you think.

The reason that they are not talking about further trailers is because they are waiting like the ninja to slap it around your faces like a wet kipper when you're least expecting it, so it has the most impact on you ofcourse.

If they go down this route, it will be pure genius and would tie in the key franchise elements really well through their trailers. If nothing else I just REALLY REALLY HOPE THEY ARE THINKING DOWN THIS LEVEL, as I totally loved the first trailer and will love it even more in the context that I am predicting!!!!!!

What do y'all think then? Go take another look at the trailer with all this in mind... They keep saying three is the magic number...

=D

-RageMasterUK
TR

Last edited by RageMasterUK; 2012-07-28 at 08:14 PM.
Old 2012-07-28, 07:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
dm Akolyte
Corporal

Re: Trailer 1 of 3? More to follow?

I'd say there's a good chance you're right
Old 2012-07-28, 07:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
HeatLegend
Master Sergeant

TL ; DR it all but I got your point and it wouldn't surprise me if there was more. But I wouldn't say it's 6 months left seeing as they've said that it will be released within this year (4 months left) and I'm fairly sure that they're gonna release it sooner than that, so make that around 3-4 months somewhere.
Old 2012-07-28, 08:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Sladuog
Private

Correlate this with the 3 tiers of rewards of the facebook app and the fact that the first secret mission was to share the potentially first trailer of three, and also the fact that rewards will be applied on commercial release, and you have yourself quite a nice hypothesis there.
Old 2012-07-28, 08:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
RageMasterUK
Corporal

Nice Slaudog never knew about or connected any of that... what exactly does the app say about the trailer? If it says on the app "Trailer 1 of 3" Im gonna beat my head against something for writing war and peace on something that can be figured out very easily Can you give any further info?

-RageMasterUK

Last edited by RageMasterUK; 2012-07-28 at 08:11 PM.
Old 2012-07-28, 08:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Toppopia
Major

We have to have at least 2 more trailers to show the glory that is the Terran Republic!!

And a VS trailer would be awesome to see, maybe i will be even better than the TR and NC trailers put together.
Old 2012-07-28, 08:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Rivenshield
Contributor
Major

ITT: Wishful thinking.
Old 2012-07-28, 08:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
RageMasterUK
Corporal

Maybe a bit of that... or perhaps keen observation? Only time will tell ...
Old 2012-07-28, 08:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
FINALCUT
First Sergeant

I think they should just do two more trailers showing the NC totally making the TR thier bitches like the first one did. And the Vanu ? Well, I only saw one Vanu actually kill someone.

All the Vanu at the end were just like standing around and it looked like they were about to move out to attack the base but the few seconds after they cut the scene really just showed them all come into the base to surrender thier weapons and beg for mercy from the NC guys coming in from the drop pods.

Thats the way I saw it anyways. Anyone else ?
Old 2012-07-28, 08:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
aleksandrgrc
Corporal

if so i hope the end of the last trailer you see the first guy spawn in a tube or something infering the endless cycle.
Old 2012-07-28, 09:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
WiteBeam
Second Lieutenant

So the next video will show TR owning VS the whole time with the NC cloakers Killing the loan wolf at the end with a MAG cutter?
Old 2012-07-28, 09:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Chrispin
Corporal

Has anyone seen this?

"Trying to decide content of next @planetside2 trailer for debut at Gamescom. Thoughts? Wants? Desires?"
~Laura Sturr, Head of marketing and sales for SOE

This was tweeted after the CGI trailer was released.

Source: https://twitter.com/navsturr/status/228690494799089665
Old 2012-07-28, 09:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
WiteBeam
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Chrispin View Post
Has anyone seen this?

"Trying to decide content of next @planetside2 trailer for debut at Gamescom. Thoughts? Wants? Desires?"
~Laura Sturr, Head of marketing and sales for SOE

This was tweeted after the CGI trailer was released.

Source: https://twitter.com/navsturr/status/228690494799089665
Yeah. They aren't going to stop with just one trailer.
Old 2012-07-28, 09:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by WiteBeam View Post
So the next video will show TR owning VS the whole time with the NC cloakers Killing the loan wolf at the end with a MAG cutter?
The next trailer will show the VS invasion force coming in and kicking the NC drop podders asses, but have the TR come in at the end and make fools of us. Then the final trailer will be the TR decimating the VS forces, with the same NC guy from the first video respawning in and starting to own the TR all over again.

It's the ciiir-cle of liiiiiife...
Old 2012-07-28, 09:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
WiteBeam
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Xyntech View Post
The next trailer will show the VS invasion force coming in and kicking the NC drop podders asses, but have the TR come in at the end and make fools of us. Then the final trailer will be the TR decimating the VS forces, with the same NC guy from the first video respawning in and starting to own the TR all over again.

It's the ciiir-cle of liiiiiife...
Lol. There are soapy possibilities.

Edit: lol I'm not even going to edit that. I ment so many.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion