Hey Guys, I'm startin' on Briggs - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: When HART drops go bad
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > Server Forums > Briggs (AU)

Old 2013-07-19, 12:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Polar North
Private

Hey Guys, I'm startin' on Briggs

After playing Planetside on my bros rig for a few months I've finally managed to build my own rig.

Just wondering who's the underdog (not got a decent pop) on Briggs?? Not that one soldier will make much difference, but I don't want to play for the winning team (not that you can win in Planetside, but you get the picture haha).
Old 2013-07-19, 12:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
HooWoo
Private

Re: Hey Guys, I'm startin' on Briggs

On Briggs it is TR, we will be happy to have you!

(Stats say so somewhere)

Death to the rebel and laser firing scum!
Old 2013-07-19, 12:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Polar North
Private

Coooool I've heard that fightings focused around the crown on Briggs?? I prefer Amerish, hope fighting goes there :/
Old 2013-07-19, 05:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
HooWoo
Private

Actually fights at the crown are very few now, mainly the fights are at Allatum Bio Lab, TI alloys and Crossroads watchtower.

On Amerish unless you're Vanu you're not going to have a good time. Very few TR dare venture into Amerish.

Is it because the FPS was low on Indar or you just love the sight of Amerish?
Old 2013-07-19, 06:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Polar North
Private

That's awesome, since i play Light Assault almost exclusively I always had a bad time at the crown :/.

I enjoyed Amerish coz of the trees, I tended to jump into them and get easy kills coz peeps never looked up :3 haha. Also coz its one hell of map.

Nooooo the rig I played on was a beast, and the one im moving to is not far behind .

Last edited by Polar North; 2013-07-19 at 06:32 AM.
Old 2013-07-21, 07:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
exohkay
Private

Factions are very balanced, I wouldn't say one is heads and shoulders better than the other.

TR are doing well lately, VS did well a few weeks ago, and NC have been doing fairly well for a while ,but not as good as the other two, but never far behind...
Old 2013-07-21, 06:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
camycamera
Major

yeah, i agree with exo here. they are actually quite balanced, its just sometimes pops go up and down; for some reason this is due to the way warpgates are rotated sometimes. but other than that, they are balanced, especially compared to the other servers. although, VS's Trojan Trolls always have a habit of completely steamrolling everyone through sheer numbers.
Old 2013-07-22, 03:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Polar North
Private

ahhhhhhk TR seems to roll everyone when ive been on of late :O.
Old 2013-07-22, 09:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
hammyhamm
Private

Originally Posted by HooWoo View Post
Actually fights at the crown are very few now, mainly the fights are at Allatum Bio Lab, TI alloys and Crossroads watchtower.

On Amerish unless you're Vanu you're not going to have a good time. Very few TR dare venture into Amerish.

Is it because the FPS was low on Indar or you just love the sight of Amerish?
Hey, TR won the last few nights worth of alerts on Amerish.

The main issue with briggs at the moment tends to revolve around VS outpopping everyone else on the server at 40-50% every night... there needs to be a disincentive for outpopping (maybe increased cap times?) but I've yet to see SOE do anything about it.
Old 2013-07-22, 09:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
hammyhamm
Private

Originally Posted by camycamera View Post
yeah, i agree with exo here. they are actually quite balanced, its just sometimes pops go up and down; for some reason this is due to the way warpgates are rotated sometimes. but other than that, they are balanced, especially compared to the other servers. although, VS's Trojan Trolls always have a habit of completely steamrolling everyone through sheer numbers.
As it stands today , the largest and consistently active TR outfit that I know of on Briggs is my own, Seven Oxes. We have roughly 429 members and the next largest (SOCA) have 224 members. TROL on the VS however, stand at 1046.

Recently, it became hard to win alerts (particularly on Esamir) when we were assured that VS would hit 60% pop consistently although we have been holding our own in alerts the last few nights.

Incidentally, something should probably be done about faction timers - so people dont all switch to VS/NC/TR when they seem to be about to win an alert for quick certs.

Last edited by hammyhamm; 2013-07-22 at 10:02 PM.
Old 2013-07-23, 05:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Polar North
Private

So is it unusual for TR to be doing so well???
Old 2013-07-23, 09:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by hammyhamm View Post
Incidentally, something should probably be done about faction timers - so people dont all switch to VS/NC/TR when they seem to be about to win an alert for quick certs.
Why do they swap tho?
Its not as if you can play both characters as once.
They should never have allowed it on the same server.
We had alts in PS1 but not on the same server and only rarely played them.

Originally Posted by Polar North View Post
So is it unusual for TR to be doing so well???
Everyone holds their own when the numbers are balanced.
We see waves of imbalance due to Alerts and the time of day.
We dont have a large population on Briggs and we cater for players in Singapore to New Zealand and thats across 4hrs time difference between those two.
So as reasonably a sized outfit logs off another from a different faction could be logging on.
The success of each faction tends to ebb and flow over time.

Who ever you choose stick with them and remain loyal to the faction.
If you want to try another faction then do it on Connery, we'll probably all be over there in another 6mths if something doesnt bring past players back.
Old 2013-07-24, 12:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
exohkay
Private

Factions are pretty balanced and are usually only a few % in terms of difference.

However, during alerts, when one faction is clearly winning, people swap over toward the end toward the winning side, be it tr, vs or otherwise.

The balance is fine, it's just when one faction is losing they'll tend to swap over to collect certs on their alts.

It's not a big deal, except when certain outfits decide not to participate in alerts as they're doing their own thing, and when unsurprisingly their faction loses it creates a bit of a negative feedback loop.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2
Old 2013-07-30, 05:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Polar North
Private

ahhhhhhhk, I see how it is now , been playing a lot of late (everyday) and I see wat u mean tho, one moment we culd be holding off VS and then all of a sudden we just get rolled completely as the pop skews to 20% us 80% them.

Annoying, but thats MMOs for ya :3 haha
Old 2013-07-31, 04:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Bulltahr
Corporal

Originally Posted by DirtyBird View Post
Why do they swap tho?
Its not as if you can play both characters as once.
They should never have allowed it on the same server.
We had alts in PS1 but not on the same server and only rarely played them.

Everyone holds their own when the numbers are balanced.
We see waves of imbalance due to Alerts and the time of day.
We dont have a large population on Briggs and we cater for players in Singapore to New Zealand and thats across 4hrs time difference between those two.
So as reasonably a sized outfit logs off another from a different faction could be logging on.
The success of each faction tends to ebb and flow over time.

Who ever you choose stick with them and remain loyal to the faction.
If you want to try another faction then do it on Connery, we'll probably all be over there in another 6mths if something doesnt bring past players back.
The bird is right, if we don't get people back playing then we may lose Briggs................ The US has the same number of timezones and thier servers are split betwen the coasts. I'm waiting for a big advertising push from SOE in Asia to boost our server pop.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > Server Forums > Briggs (AU)