Two Year Anniversary - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: what time is it?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2005-04-14, 12:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
KIAsan
First Sergeant

Two Year Anniversary

We are also looking forward to PlanetSide�s two year anniversary, which is just over a month away on May 19th. We are working on some goodly stuff for that, but well, if you are an avid reader of the PlanetSide forums, we�ve probably already spoiled the surprise already, so I�ll just stop there.
For those of us who are not avid forum readers, can one of you "avid" Official forum readers clue us in as to what's coming for the 2 year anniversary?

If it's not nailed down, it's mine. If I can pry it up, it's not nailed down.
Old 2005-04-14, 12:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
GraniteRok
Contributor
Staff Sergeant

I saw mention of something available at an equipment terminal... new weapon is apparantly in the works... maybe that then?
Old 2005-04-14, 02:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Phaden
Contributor
Major

I didnt see what they are talking about, But i would put some small money on more favourites for 2 year vets. They had talked about beiung able to do that, just not having the time atm before, so i thats my educated guess
Old 2005-04-14, 04:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
DropShipEdward
Contributor
Corporal

a stripe on the arm and a "suprise" at the equip term for the 2 year folks

http://psforums.station.sony.com/ps/...+merit#M544669
Old 2005-04-14, 07:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Kam
Major

Damnit, so the rest of us who are nearing two years get nothing?
Old 2005-04-14, 08:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Black
Lieutenant Colonel

i think a new uniform change is in effect as well with 2 years
Old 2005-04-14, 09:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

It was a surprise at the equipment terminal and an updated veteran merit which Sam said was to be in store for the two year vets. I would doubt if they'd give a new weapon out for two year people, as there are balance considerations about that. It'll probably just be something cosmetic, something you can hold but not really use. Or maybe they are in fact planning to make a weapon that only two year guys can use, who knows. Seems unlikely though.
Old 2005-04-14, 07:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Phaden
Contributor
Major

i really dont think its a new weapon, as psides whole draw is a lvl 23 can be killed by a lvl 1
Old 2005-04-14, 11:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
DropShipEdward
Contributor
Corporal

if you caught the thread when it started they started thorwing out the idea that the suprise was more loadout favs, and does seem to be a logical choice

i'd settle for more freaking vech loadout favs, i got so many vechs and only 5 loadouts, me sad
Old 2005-04-15, 01:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Phaden
Contributor
Major

I think it would be really useful in general to have more favs. An Advanced play knows there are times for every weapon, and if you have more than MA and HA, you can possibly fill all the combinations.

As for vehichles, same thing, def needs more as well.

Part of me is psyched as ill get them soon on one character, but other part of me is sad that the rest of the characters i have will be much longer and that other people will be missing out, if this is indeed what they have planned.

Also a tidbit, on of my outfit members asked dev about oshur staying up, and they said no comment. So maybe the event has the ability to either bring back old oshur, or keep it gone forever? That would be awesomely interactive.
Old 2005-04-15, 04:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
DropShipEdward
Contributor
Corporal

always loved oshur, got my first kill there in beta(smashed TR MAX with gal nose) but now that i'm a tanker i think i'm starting to have mixed feelings about bringing back oshur full time, it would just be another ish which is the 2nd worst tank driving cont, imho

/troll on
Old 2005-04-15, 08:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
mechaman
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Phaden
I think it would be really useful in general to have more favs. An Advanced play knows there are times for every weapon, and if you have more than MA and HA, you can possibly fill all the combinations.

As for vehichles, same thing, def needs more as well.

Part of me is psyched as ill get them soon on one character, but other part of me is sad that the rest of the characters i have will be much longer and that other people will be missing out, if this is indeed what they have planned.

Also a tidbit, on of my outfit members asked dev about oshur staying up, and they said no comment. So maybe the event has the ability to either bring back old oshur, or keep it gone forever? That would be awesomely interactive.
if they were to bring back the old oshur then I'd hope they would keep the weapon restrictions on it. Those MA only battles were fun.
Old 2005-04-15, 10:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
hex222
Staff Sergeant

noooooo, ecxtintion is my fave
Old 2005-04-15, 03:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Phaden
Contributor
Major

I think personally it would be a waste to get rid of the BI entriely. That was alot of time to code and build, and some of them are really fun. I think they should go back to the event conditions, where each was a battlefield of a specific variety; Deso for tanks, Extinction for air o think and so on. That was a blast.
Old 2005-04-16, 03:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

No no no - what they said regarding Oshur was, they need to upgrade the servers to support another zone. BIs wouldn't go away - Oshur would return as another zone. IE an additional continent.

Screw new favorites and weapons - we need a GOOD expansion. My vote's on the naval expansion.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion