Game is no fun solo IMO - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Jus' Coffee Talk.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2007-06-04, 11:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Attila44
Private

Game is no fun solo IMO

I love the game but only when I am part of a team. I get really bored solo and I could care less about badges and such. I've been part of 2 different outfits and I was dissapointed with both. Where are the hard-core control freaks? You know the guys who really stick together and do team oriented things. That's where I need to be. I actually like having orders shouted at me, if I'm part of a good team. Can anyone point me to the right outfit?

Thanks
Old 2007-06-06, 05:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Taggrit
Private

Re: Game is no fun solo IMO

Hey, I already talked to you about my outfit Atilla, but I just wanted to post this here, for anyone else who is asking themselves the same thing. WHERE is a good team-oriented outfit that sticks together and gets things done in an efficient and fun manner? Does anybody DO special ops type missions like Galaxy drops and stuff together

The answer is, yes, there is, so look no further! Virtual Hitmen is a great TR Emerald outfit that is amazingly still doing things like in the "good 'ol days". There used to be many many team oriented outfits out there, such as KAAOS and others, but now many have fallen into disarray. VirtualHitmen is still alive however, and still running strong.

Here's a little about us in this thread

http://www.planetside-universe.com/f...ad.php?t=34257

I hope you like it, I know for me personally, one of my best choices was joining VHM
Old 2007-06-08, 05:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
2coolforu
First Lieutenant

depends on what server you are mate, Special drop corps - TR Werner, we do alot of special operations etc if ya want just contact me, 2coolforu br25 cr5 tr
Old 2007-06-11, 06:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Coppa
Private

Cool Re: Game is no fun solo IMO

The best server i go on is werner but all the action's usually on one planet
Old 2007-07-27, 01:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
TehSoM
Private

Planetside, by its very nature, is a teamwork-oriented game. Sadly, with the game dieing out, populations are barely enough for one big fight, let alone concentrated and organized efforts. Furthermore, the lack of major/long-time outfits is further hampering the teamwork. I agree completely, without a team to play with, things are pretty bad.
Old 2007-07-27, 01:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Morden
Private

Originally Posted by Attila44 View Post
I love the game but only when I am part of a team. I get really bored solo and I could care less about badges and such. I've been part of 2 different outfits and I was dissapointed with both. Where are the hard-core control freaks? You know the guys who really stick together and do team oriented things. That's where I need to be. I actually like having orders shouted at me, if I'm part of a good team. Can anyone point me to the right outfit?

Thanks
Hi

You were a member of the Hungarian Elite Brigade? I guess you're hungarian too.
Old 2007-07-30, 07:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Tuskieee
Private

its must more fun playing with ppl who are also on Teamspeak or Ventrilo.
Old 2007-07-30, 02:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
canthar
Private

What server usually has the most people on it right now?
Old 2007-08-01, 12:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
smapdy
Private

When i solo i usually just try and find an out of the way spot and snipe. Usually pretty fun for me, since you can be fairly effective at both supporting your friendlies and suppressing enemies. Just have to learn how to not get yourself killed so you stay in the fight long enough to be a factor.
Old 2007-08-01, 02:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Mordhak
Private

Or you can always go for the infiltration suit and adv. hacker/combat engineer and wreak havoc in enemy bases on your own.

But I hear you man, Planetside is simply made for large groups of players to cooperate in squads/platoons. Pretty sad situation we have here, really.
Old 2007-08-03, 06:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Farfle
Private

This is one of those games where you have to find something special to do in order to keep your interest, at least for me. I can play this game Solo, but I have to be doing a specific thing, such flying a bomber aiming for vehicles only, driving a tank trying to flank the enemy forces, or even infantry but assaulting from the rear. If I solo zerg, I get bored tremendously fast. The cycle to this game seems to be 1-2 months of great enthusiasm, be-a-part-of-the-zerg, die, spawn, die, trying to capture bases thinking victory is attainable. After that, the realization sets in where you question yourself why you're playing it. It's at this point where players either quit or find their niches. I love teamplay, and always try to be a teammember, but honestly the public squad system doesn't do much in terms of offering that. If I didn't find ways to enjoy the game solo, then I would have quit long ago. Because there's no organized matches or anything, like you'd find with other FPSs, keeping an outfit or squad together is a lot tougher in Planetside; and unless you're squad or outfit specializes in something, trying to play as a team can be very boring.

So, generally, I play solo unless I have a good buddy on. Then i'll form a small squad (1-3 people) and enjoy playing with them. The goal then is to rack up kills, destroy gens, resupply bases, etc...because that's really the only thing you have to guage how well you're doing.
Old 2007-08-04, 01:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Brigadier General

Misc Info

You should have been around when BuzzCutPsycho was playing, then you could really have orders shouted at you .
Old 2007-08-04, 09:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
ping
Private

Originally Posted by TehSoM View Post
Planetside, by its very nature, is a teamwork-oriented game. Sadly, with the game dieing out, populations are barely enough for one big fight, let alone concentrated and organized efforts.
It's now summer and the population is still so bad?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion