What's the state of PS? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Why did you shoot me in my buttock?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2006-03-01, 10:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Phrost
Private

What's the state of PS?

Hey guys. Last night I downloaded and reactivated my account. I played PS for the first 4 or 5 months of it's release, and loved it. I don't remember why I stopped playing, but it must have been another game got my attention.

When I joined last night (Emerald) I don't think I saw one person at the NC Sanctuary. I remember the Sanctuary used to be a staging ground where hundreds and hundreds of players would meet up before a battle. Everynight. Is this not the case anymore? I know the number of players now playing compared to when I played have drastically diminished, but are there still large scale battles? Is the game still a strong game, population wise?

I did manage to get into a battle last night and had a blast. So much to learn though. A lot has changed since I played. And from what I hear the changes are great.
Old 2006-03-01, 11:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Ghryphen
PSU Code Monkey

Ya Sanctuary kinda died a while ago, there are rare occurrences of outfits gathering forces there, but more often it is all done in the field.

I think they should go back to having a single facility and consolidate the sanctuary population.

Twitter | Dragon Wolves
Old 2006-03-01, 02:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Geist
Lieutenant Colonel

man that sucks,when i start playing again i might not be able to to find anywhere get a squad because i used to be a dragonwolf but i was gone so long they kicked me.
"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

-Douglas Adams
Old 2006-03-01, 04:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Mag-Mower
General

Misc Info

LFS'ing pisses me off. I spame Local, Broadcast, and Outfit, and sometimes I never get an answer. Other times though, The second I spawn, I get an invite from an Outfit member
Old 2006-03-01, 06:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Geist
Lieutenant Colonel

The last time i played i got invites from 13 recruiters at the sanctuary.
"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

-Douglas Adams
Old 2006-03-01, 08:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Phrost
Private

Will they ever merge the last 2 remaining US servers?
Old 2006-03-02, 12:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Phrost
Will they ever merge the last 2 remaining US servers?
Last 2? Was only 4 at release, you make it sound like they've fall'n so far. I think if that ever became an option they'd shut down PS. America is too big for one server.

Edit: and I don't think that will happen for a very long time.
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2006-03-02, 01:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Planetside's population and organization is much lower now. I rarley see outfits do any organized attacks minus the 666th doing a some-what organized raid every Saturday but, that is much smaller now.
Old 2006-03-02, 08:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Phrost
Private

you make it sound like they've fall'n so far.
Sorry if I made it sound that way, that wasn't my intention. I really just don't know. That's why I started this thread. I was curious to see how things are since I last left. Is the game still a viable MMO, or are we seeing the last days of PS. That's all I'm asking.

I remember huge battles, sometimes with all three empires. Are there still battles like this, or is it mainly small tactical skirmishes (which is fun in itself).

Just curious.
Old 2006-03-02, 10:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Hamma
PSU Admin

There are still larger battles - almost too many 3 way battles

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion