new approach to HA - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Your official babysitter.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2005-04-04, 08:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
hex222
Staff Sergeant

new approach to HA

i'm not one to attack certs, i usually suggest new ones, but the HA cert is really annoying, the fact that it costs 4 CP just means the newbs can't get it and do so well as the high BR people who can cert in many weapons...
really, i find the thought that in however many years, tactics will be gone and soldiers will all carry triple barreled shotguns and mini-guns really rather daunting...

i would far prefer that HA guns slow the ability to move, and that MA weapons become far better, because i have nearly never seen an NC or TR with an AR...

in other words, nerf HA, buff MA
Old 2005-04-04, 10:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

Making HA slow people down a lot is something I'd condone. The rest of the post however is echoing what many other people have said (rightly or wrongly).
Old 2005-04-04, 01:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by hex222
i have nearly never seen an NC or TR with an AR...
What server you play on? Cuz Jackhammer/Guass is a very popular combo on emerald. Also I see the Empire MA weapons all the time, for medium-long range use, what they're made for.
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2005-04-04, 02:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
ChewyLSB
Major

Misc Info

All of the weapons do what they are meant to do. All of the weapon certifications have a purpose in this game, and Heavy Assault fills that purpose nicely (which is why removing Heavy Assault from the Battle Islands is ridiculous)

Medium Assault: All Around Certification (Jack of all Trades, Master of None)
Sniping: Long Range Suppression and Sharpshooting
Anti-Vehicular: Vehicle Deterrant and Anti-MAX
Special Assault: Short Range Suppression Fire and Light Anti-MAX
Heavy Assault: Close Range Buffer

All of the weapons shine in one certain area, and will beat the other weapons undoubtedly. (Sniping in long range outdoor battles, Anti-Vehicular when dealing with vehicles, Special Assault in VERY specific conditions, and Heavy Assault in CQC), which is why removing Heavy Assault from the Battle Islands does absolutely nothing (Except make the Rocklet and the Sweeper shine as the new CQC buffs). Meh... I'm done ranting.

So no changes to Heavy Assault...
Old 2005-04-04, 02:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Hamorad
First Sergeant

Although i will use MCG primarily, i do switch to different MA weaps when the situation calls for them. For instance, i'll ditch the MCG for a cycler outside and in some situations inside i'll grab my sweeper.
If you made HA move people slower I would definately get mad. I use Agile instead of REXO because i like to be able to move swiftly... don't make me ditch the MCG for good...
Old 2005-04-04, 03:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Jeffey
Master Sergeant

Special Assault is handy for those days you feel like fucking up your grief.

Oh and dropping all a MAX's armour in one clip of rockets in 3 seconds
Old 2005-04-04, 09:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
steeldragon01
Sergeant

Misc Info

i use guass with ap rounds becuase i dont have av
and im not going to try to shoot a reaver down with a jackhammer.......again
Old 2005-04-04, 09:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
ChewyLSB
Major

Misc Info

Originally Posted by steeldragon01
i use guass with ap rounds becuase i dont have av
and im not going to try to shoot a reaver down with a jackhammer.......again
Haha, I remember in my first week of PlanetSide, I would always carry around a Repeater loaded with AP Rounds as my "In case of vehicle" weapon. Then, one time, a VERY weak Reaver engaged me since it didn't look like I had any AV... pulled out my repeater. I killed that sucker. That was... awesome.
Old 2005-04-04, 09:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

I don't cert HA simply because I see them as noob guns and a waste of cert points. I typically make do in indoor fights with a bolt driver (you'd be surprised the kills I get) or a Sweeper. Its still hard to manage any better than 1:1 working like that though. I'd agree that HA, being a large heavy weapon, should slow the user down somewhat. Unfortunately, half of PS would probably threaten to cancel if that was implemented unfortunately, so I doubt the Devs would consider it.

I got so ticked off at MCG and Lasher whores in a Bio lab last night, I certed ScatterCannon MAX. Got sick of being pushed around. Lots of things died.

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!
Old 2005-04-04, 09:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Jeffey
Master Sergeant

LOL You won't believe me, I don't know why I'm gonna tell you this, but I finished a Perguine sp* with a repeater using white ammo last week.

Don't believe me right? =P Send an emerald NC player named "this" a tell =P
Old 2005-04-04, 09:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

My buddy SecondRaven sniped a gunner variant and got the kill a few days back. That had to be humiliating for the BFR.

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!
Old 2005-04-04, 10:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
steeldragon01
Sergeant

Misc Info

well not as impressive but might be
a dude saw a gal above him, he pulled his bolt driver out, the gal died, 8 sniping kills right there. the gal had already been mauled, dont know y the passengers bailed. It looked funny on the chat window thing [name] [boltdriver] [victim]
8 times
Old 2005-04-04, 10:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Jeffey
Master Sergeant

Some NC bfr blew up my 100% full bangbus last week *sadface*
Old 2005-04-05, 11:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Untouchable
Private

You stay the hell away from my Jackhammer.

Heavy Assault costs 4 certs for a reason, the weapons it provides are the most powerful anti-infantry handheld weapons available. I highly doubt that just because every single footsoldier certed in HA (which won't happen anyway) there would no longer be tactics in PS. There are plenty of outdoor battles where HA isn't useful at all, so MA and Sniping dominate the field. In my opinion the MA weapons are fine as is, anytime we aren't charging into a base or a tower, you'll find me with a Gauss rifle strapped to my back, which is a powerful weapon at a range. Also - A BR3 can cert in HA if he chooses to do so.

Last edited by Untouchable; 2005-04-05 at 11:52 PM.
Old 2005-04-12, 07:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
DropShipEdward
Contributor
Corporal

make rexo a requirement for HA but dont slow em down or just leave it alone (but thats just me)

MA>HA
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion