MAXs are the DEVIL - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Galaxies don't float.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-12-09, 09:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
l337master
Private

MAXs are the DEVIL

Ugh, they're my best friends, but my worst enemies. I like using MAXs and all, but everytime I get in one its the wrong kind.

Today I got killed my some infantry guy cause I was in a Starfire. INFANTRY. With a SWEEPER. So I respawn quickly and change to a Quasar to take out the infantry. Well, now its all air and I get nuked by a Liberator. This kinda stuff always happens with me, it's a vicious cycle and I hate it. I like using MAXs when they're useful, but this is just insane...

I can't wait til my BR goes up and I can get more weapons and Reinforced Armor...
Old 2003-12-09, 09:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Spee
Colonel

Tip: Dont try killing shit you arent equipped for.

Shooting Prowlers with Starfire is a waste of time.
Shooting Aircraft with the quasar is useless.
Shooting anything with the comet will do some damage.

You come across something you cant take, run like hell. And aim, good, too - No reason why a sweeper grunt can kill you, unless you have like 100 armor left and he's using AP rounds.

Edit: And use the jumpjets until they dry out. Cant count how many times I've been at a disadvantage and still one, simply because I rocketed over thier head and got in an extra few rounds.
Old 2003-12-09, 09:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Tavin
Corporal

I have some trouble with MAXs. But, most MAXs never get fair anymore with all of the deci users... BOOMBOOM. Dead max. Loot the medpacks.
Old 2003-12-09, 10:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
dscytherulez
Lieutenant Colonel

yeah, i dont last long in tower battles, even using something like a pounder or scat max...everyone and their dead grandmother has a deci on them >_<
Old 2003-12-09, 11:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
NoSurrender
Contributor
Colonel

Ive used all types, shapes, and sizes of (ie ive used them all) maxes. I found that the comet is the most deadly of them all. Its great against infantry, its great against Vehicles, its great against other maxes. God its like Ron Freakin pompelli invented this mofo and made it to sell on TV.

Thanks to Eine for my awesome sig
Old 2003-12-09, 11:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Kyonye
Contributor
General

Taking out MAXes are fun, especially with a knife. I've given quite the amount of damage to MAXes with the knife since they don't turn fast enough. I'm always behind them, well that was in beta when i was an infi. got bored of that and moved onto heavy gruntin with a stryker so i'm not too worried any more about them.

<Smaug> omg kyonye is hot
Old 2003-12-10, 12:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
gonnagetyou
First Lieutenant

Never be afraid to hit autorun when you're in a MAX.

That's saved my butt many times.
Old 2003-12-10, 04:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
WritheNC
First Lieutenant

I don't think knives can hurt MAX's anymore.
Old 2003-12-10, 04:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Zatrais
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Just think of MAX suits like walking walls. Send them into the tower to die then rush the infantry whit deci right behind them to take out the other sides MAXs. Aint pretty but it works.

edit bleh nm can't find the documentation.

Last edited by Zatrais; 2003-12-10 at 04:12 AM.
Old 2003-12-10, 08:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Black
Lieutenant Colonel

My fav MAX i ever used would have to be the quasar thingy it cuts up infin so fast and if outdoors and someone has a deci its still very easy to kill them jus put on the Jump jets and u should be good. My total kills without dieing had to be 15 with quasar i highly suggest u guys should use this MAX if u are VS
Old 2003-12-10, 08:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

Quaser is death to all Infantry, it's fun to rip up with my Mosquito though.

Old 2003-12-10, 08:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Black
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by SilverLord
Quaser is death to all Infantry, it's fun to rip up with my Mosquito though.
Thats also fun
Old 2003-12-10, 10:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
shadowseed
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by l337master
Ugh, they're my best friends, but my worst enemies. I like using MAXs and all, but everytime I get in one its the wrong kind.

Today I got killed my some infantry guy cause I was in a Starfire. INFANTRY. With a SWEEPER. So I respawn quickly and change to a Quasar to take out the infantry. Well, now its all air and I get nuked by a Liberator. This kinda stuff always happens with me, it's a vicious cycle and I hate it. I like using MAXs when they're useful, but this is just insane...

I can't wait til my BR goes up and I can get more weapons and Reinforced Armor...
Im right there with you brother!!!. The number of times ive got an Anti-infantry max, only to find a nmy anti-veichical max sitting round the corner, or 3 guys with decimators. Or get a anti-veichical max, only to step outside and find a couple of mosies shooting at me... or three guys with decimators. And theres always the times you get your anti-air max, only to step out to clear blue skys... and 3 guys with decimators...

Its life, it happens, some days you wipe out who squads, some days 1 guy with a decimator takes you out ( or them feck'ing TR lock on rockets... they piss me off!).

Old 2003-12-10, 10:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Yep, the other night I was in the Comet and came over a hill and got blasted by a Reaver. It was close to a tower so I grabbed my Starfire and headed back. Right as I got to the hill 2 Vanguards crested it. Against my better judgement I jump jetted around the tops of trees for a while trying to avoid the tanks and occasionally shooting back at them.

I would have been better off just lying in the road.
Old 2003-12-10, 11:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
kerosene31
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by gonnagetyou
Never be afraid to hit autorun when you're in a MAX.

That's saved my butt many times.
So true. I don't see other MAXs use it when in trouble. I use it all the time. Of course, you need to hit it while you still have some armor left, since you will be taking a few more hits before you start running.

"Running" away from the fight at the MAXs normal speed is just pointless. You might as well just stay there and get as many kills as you can before you respawn.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion