Jammer Missiles - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The Quotes have moved! Please scroll down.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-12-10, 04:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Hamma
PSU Admin

Jammer Missiles

This was discussed on the community night last week, but I wanted to see what you folks think about it. The idea was brought up to have "Jammer Missles" kind of AV with Jammer properties, which would play havok with an aircraft. I personally think its a cool idea

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-12-10, 04:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Vis Armata
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Replace the Decimator with a common-pool rocket launcher that can be loaded with dumbfire EMP rockets, HE rockets (identical to the Decimator in damage, range, etc.) and whatever form of rocket the devs can come up with (maybe a plasma-type rocket, similar to the Vanu MAXes? Who knows).

The rockets themselves could be launched just like the Decimator - same fire modes and all, with the only real difference being that the launcher could be reloaded (3 rockets/box).

That would be my vote.
Old 2003-12-10, 04:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
VashTheStamped
Major

Misc Info

sounds cool
Old 2003-12-10, 04:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
ChewyLSB
Major

Misc Info

Well, if they were to put it in, in my opinion, it should go to AV. While we're on that subject, move Decimator to AV.
Old 2003-12-10, 04:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

I would like to see greater variety among many weapons. First I'd like to scrap the flak bullshit for TR AA MAXes, and give them something that compares to Vanu and NC anti-air.

THEN, I'd like to see the Skyguard get more of a facelift. The US Army Avenger features two sets of launch-tubes and a machine gun. I'd like to see the Skyguard flak cannon scrapped as well, and give it lock-on capability. One tube set for Jammer missiles perhaps, and one tube set for regular SAM (surface to air missiles).

Flak may be a nice idea for war movies like Memphis Belle, but this is supposed to be ten or eleven centuries in the future, and we stopped using gay-ass Flak about sixty years ago. It stands to reason that the Republic had some sort of clue and didn't spend ten centuries with its head up its ass.

More to the point, I'd like to see Jammer flares ON AIRCRAFT as a defensive measure against AA MAX units. Perhaps squeezing the "special feature" key on aircraft would drop a couple of Jammer flares out and either break a missile lock, or surround the craft with stealth shielding momentarily, enough to hamper AA MAX radar.

There needs to be an air superiority fighter. Currently the Mosquito is the best option for this, as the Reaver rockets are more suitable to close air support for ground troops. I'd like to see Empire-specific aircraft, and these can be interceptors with a rotary cannon (25mm, or two 12mm cannons) and air-to-air missiles with lock-on capacity (and dont give TR empire-specific aircraft some stupid-ass flak cannon).
Old 2003-12-10, 04:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Hamma
PSU Admin

I totally agree with the flare idea, right now its near impossible to outrun an AA max. Especially when the VS put 5 of them on the dome of a biolab.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-12-10, 04:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

The only real problem I have with this is that we should be encouraging tanks, etc. to be staying back from the action and shelling rather than mowing everything in sight. I think Jammer grenades work towards that end because of their limited range (even in the Thumper). By adding a jammer missile there is no advantage to staying back and shelling, there's just as good a chance of getting jammed back there so you may as well drive to the thick of the action and start mowing again.

I still like my Jammer mine idea.
Old 2003-12-10, 05:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

A Deci that you could reload would be far too powerfull.

I would do some kind of multi-round system for the empire specific weps
Have EMP rounds for them that short the wepons system and do a small bit of damage
Special AA rounds that detonate on proximity to air craft (with flack properties) that also travel faster.
And HE rounds that are the normal ones (and i say up the vehicular damage on all of them, but not the max damage)

I am having trouble posting on these forums, i keep getting this forum is not excepting new posts messages.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2003-12-10, 05:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Vis Armata
Contributor
Sergeant Major

A reloadable Deci might be a little much (after I thought about it), but some sort of choice of rocket for the AV would be nice.
Old 2003-12-10, 05:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
EarlyDawn
Major General

Originally Posted by Hamma
This was discussed on the community night last week, but I wanted to see what you folks think about it. The idea was brought up to have "Jammer Missles" kind of AV with Jammer properties, which would play havok with an aircraft. I personally think its a cool idea
Omfg, are you kidding? No way. This is an FPS. You don't add in new stuff, you blow shit up, what more do you want?

Sounds decent, but aircraft have a hard enough time as it is.
Old 2003-12-10, 06:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
WritheNC
First Lieutenant

They should just put a magrider beam cannon on the skyguard, but make it only damaging to aircraft.

Magrider is a better AA vehicle than the skyguard, imo.

I'm not being serious because I know it won't happen, but its kinda true.
Old 2003-12-10, 06:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
JetRaiden
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

I remember a jammer could originally make a aircraft (like a reaver or mosquito) go out of control if hit proberly. but that was back in beta. I liked it though, gave more use for them, I always have a couple of them in my inventory since jackhammer ammo and engi/medic gear dont fit so well together,
Old 2003-12-10, 06:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Rarzo
Sergeant

Coooool
Old 2003-12-10, 09:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Deadlock
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Jamming itself could use an overhaul in the game. there needs to be more of a use for them than clearing mines or gettin past turrets.

The rockets sound cool but if its added the aircraft need to also have a defence added... i really liked the idea of the flairs.

The jammer mine idea also struck my interest, i could see alot of other neat things added to combat engineer aswell, like anti-vehicle explosives (like not that damn boomer where i gota find some way to lay like 5 of them on a movin mag to do some damage) perhaps a large strap on explosive that consumes the majority of ur inventory and can be attached with a timer on vehicles.

that ofcourse would have to be like an advanced...advanced engenieering cert or something
Old 2003-12-10, 09:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Sputty
Banned

How about a large air to surface missile that has a big blast radius and is designed to only jam. It could be a one cert thing that is required and Reavers only get one. It's a noticeable external single fire weapon
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion