Patch Tonight (12/11) - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: the best way to procrastinate.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-12-11, 01:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Hamma
PSU Admin

Patch Tonight (12/11)

http://www.planetside-universe.com/index.php?newsid=701

http://planetside-universe.com/patch...hp?patch_id=80

Code:
* Players will now respawn at a location somewhere inside the AMS cloak bubble, rather than in the spawn tubes.
* Fixed several zone crashes.
* Fixed a client crash that occur when closing the inventory screen with an item on the cursor.
* Players can now hack buildings and respawn in the Core Combat caverns. Geowarps are also functional again.
* Fixed a memory corruption issue that occurred when using offline training.
* The client will not send 'out of sync' messages when a Lodestar is in the zone.
* Some server optimizations.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-12-11, 02:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

Looks like a good and needed patch. Too bad they are not yet addressing the Lattice Link "omniview" bug. I don't fully understand how the bug exactly works. I assumed it just let you see more than you should within the SOI of a base linked to an interlink facility. However, it seems to extend further than that and sometimes you don't even need the interlink facility.

Today on Markov I went to Ishundar which was locked by the TR. And with my NC cloaker I saw some TR troops showing as red dots on my mini-map in their tower and in the base. I even noticed a harrasser driving around and the harrasser is never supposed to show anyway... The NC did not even own a single tower much less a base OR an interlink facility...

That bug has got to go...

BadAsh
Old 2003-12-11, 02:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
SWARM
Contributor
Private

All good notes in the update....but in regards to the AMS update....... THANK GOD! ....I'm tired of getting grief from having to attack the tube blocker. heh
Old 2003-12-11, 02:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Tssha
Corporal

Which of course begs the question, when are they going to do something about improving equipment terminal access for busy AMS's?

Still, I'm just glad they fixed some of the zone crashes. They may have saved me the trouble of quitting after quitting, but I was always a little miffed every time I recalled to desktop.
Old 2003-12-11, 07:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
TeraHertz
Major

The ams fix is lazy.
People are spawning up trees and stuff already. If they can spawn up tress, what happens if you can spawn on top of a facility wall. Instant infiltration? The spawn blocker problem has never really been a problem. You just kill the guy in the way. Oooh nooo, I got 20 greif....pfft.
Old 2003-12-11, 07:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Flammey
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by TeraHertz
The ams fix is lazy.
People are spawning up trees and stuff already. If they can spawn up tress, what happens if you can spawn on top of a facility wall. Instant infiltration? The spawn blocker problem has never really been a problem. You just kill the guy in the way. Oooh nooo, I got 20 greif....pfft.
Funny thing is, the Cloaking bubble on an AMS extends underground, and through walls. Imagine the possibilities of THAT.
Old 2003-12-11, 07:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
TeraHertz
Major

Heh, I already said on sporkfire's post last night that if people start spawning through walls, or they make it so that you cant deploy an ams if the bubble goes through a wall, I'd go insane.

I assume that they will ave thought of the wall spawning idea already. If they haven't it's the laziest patch EVER.
Old 2003-12-11, 10:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
WritheNC
First Lieutenant

People who spawn at an AMS and go afk Unite!

As for spawning in trees and on top of base walls, I don't really mind. If I spawned with standard armor and a supressor on an enemy wall, I don't think I'll be an enormous threat.
Old 2003-12-11, 11:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Jagd
Major

BadAsh, the bug you are referring to (and I as I have pointed out in another one of your threads) is that the radar shows all enemies everywhere. It gives Interlink style powers to everyone, whether they have an interlink or not, and no matter where they are. Get it?
Old 2003-12-11, 11:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
TeraHertz
Major

Originally Posted by WritheNC
People who spawn at an AMS and go afk Unite!

As for spawning in trees and on top of base walls, I don't really mind. If I spawned with standard armor and a supressor on an enemy wall, I don't think I'll be an enormous threat.
Spawn on wall. Kill nearby unsuspecting NC. Grab jackhammer and health packs. Activate surge. Super Surge everyone on the wall.
Welcome to a world of wall warping pain.

Standard not a threat? Yeah..sure.

The afk at tube thing was a tiny problem. I had no qualms blowing them away after three warnings of "move"
Old 2003-12-11, 11:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Gigabein
Sergeant Major

Change (fix?) the cloak bubble so it doesn't extend through solid surfaces, which limits the spawnable volume.

Edit: Also, only allow spawning in side the bubble with regards to vertical height which stops spawning on base walls.

Last edited by Gigabein; 2003-12-11 at 11:48 AM.
Old 2003-12-11, 11:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

No FPS optimizations this time? That's a shame, I actually saw .9 FPS in SANC for a bit last night. I'm hoping they can optimize my computer to be a 386.
Old 2003-12-11, 11:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
FireZ
Corporal

Originally Posted by TeraHertz
The ams fix is lazy.
use your knife...its only like 5-10 grief
Old 2003-12-11, 12:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
TeraHertz
Major

Force of habit, the instant i spawn, I pull my primary weapon. So I just use that. Using the knife involves shifting my hand from the SAWD keys
Old 2003-12-11, 01:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
InfiniteStorm
Corporal

they said they were making sure you didn't spawn in a wall or any other "invalid" places inside the bubble. I'm assuming they mean trees and bushes on those contnents with a lot of forest and swamp (i.e. hossin)
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion