Infiltrator idea!!! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hamma and Marsman. The Dynamic Duo.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-12-11, 07:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
shadowseed
Staff Sergeant

Lightbulb Infiltrator idea!!!

In response to BadAsh's thread about infiltrators, i think they need to be "sexed up", and heres my idea for infiltrators :

"Spiders" : small nano-bots that the infiltrator carries as an inventry item (only carriable by the infiltration suit). Each item releases a hundred spiders (invisible to the naked eye), which perform one of pre-set functions. They are "used", and can be sent to a point on screen or perhaps remote controlled like a tow missile, but on the ground, to some destination. They are only active for about a couple of minutes, after which they expire.They can also walk through doors (or the cracks in doors).

1) Scout spiders : They provide radar coverage for a small area around them while active.

2) Sabotage spiders : Can target a terminal, spawn, turret or deployable. They basicly act like a jammer.

3) Decoy spiders : They provide a false radar signiture to the nmy, sending them running off after nothing!.

4) Door spiders : When sent to a door, they lock it for a short time, so even the nmy cannot get through!.

5) Narc spiders : When sent to a nmy unit, they attach them selfs to the player, who is then lit up on friendly radar like a christmas tree, for a short while, for all your platoon to see!.

Last edited by shadowseed; 2003-12-11 at 07:27 AM.
Old 2003-12-11, 08:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Duritz
Staff Sergeant

Thumbs up Hmm

Those actually are really good ideas.

However, I think they should be as visible as a stealth though, just have a spider 6 inches tall or so, to let defenders have a chance against it.

Other than that, they could be pretty easily balanced since they aren't very powerful. I would just advise that the door spiders can't lock some doors (like spawn room, generator, control console), the doors that are locked are locked or everyone, and that while you are controlling any of the spiders you can't move (like a pheonix-user, you should be able to stay invisible while using it though).

The only thing to really watch out for would be the time you can control the spiders, if they're invisible it should be quite short, but if they're visible, if only slightly, it should be a few minutes.

Last edited by Duritz; 2003-12-11 at 08:20 AM.
Old 2003-12-11, 08:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
shadowseed
Staff Sergeant

The reason i dont think the spiders should be visible, is so that its not a huge increase in server load. And as long as you dont make the spiders have any huge abilitys (like phisical attack, or any other perminant damage), then i dont think its a problem.

I do think that while "piloting" a spider nano-group, the player remains still and hidden. But can "disconnect" from the spiders, and carry on like normal, without the spiders ceaseing to function, although you should not be able to regain control of them afterwards. This means you can send off a decoy spider, leave it, and move off in the opposite direction, while it still creates a false nmy radar signal.

Yeah, i agree with the door thing, some reistraints might be needed for that like, a) any one player can only have one door locked at one time and b) you cant have all the doors in one section locked, so if all but the one door is locked by infiltrators, then you cannot lock that last door.

These are all ideas that also fit into the game engine with minimal effort.

Old 2003-12-11, 08:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Contributor
Banned for no reason

Misc Info

Say one locked door per SOI. The spawn room has 2 exits so it won't effect the spawn that bad.

Great Ideas! Love'em.

Old 2003-12-11, 09:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
shadowseed
Staff Sergeant

Spawn rooms have 3 exits actually, one left, one right, and one in the back wall (left side of the terminals)

Old 2003-12-11, 09:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Contributor
Banned for no reason

Misc Info

Oh ya, you're right.

Old 2003-12-11, 09:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
JakeLogan
Major

I LIKE IT
Old 2003-12-11, 09:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
TeraHertz
Major

Originally Posted by shadowseed
Spawn rooms have 3 exits actually, one left, one right, and one in the back wall (left side of the terminals)

it has 8. there are 3 spawn tubes at which you can deconstruct, and you can recall to sanc or instant action.[/pedant]

Old 2003-12-11, 09:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Duritz
Staff Sergeant

Talking

10, as you can also die and quit, you know...

Last edited by Duritz; 2003-12-11 at 09:46 AM.
Old 2003-12-11, 09:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
RushHourKonried
Private

Old 2003-12-11, 09:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
shadowseed
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Duritz
10, as you can also die and quit, you know...
14, if you count that i can kill you and stuff you in one of the four lockers

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion