Some small questions - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Stay here, if i'm not back in 5 minutes... Wait longer!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions

Old 2013-05-23, 10:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Sarloh
Corporal

Question Some small questions

First off, I'm not a new Planetside 2 player, yet I still have some questions:

1. The Armistice or the Hailstorm? My main need for an SMG is for an Infiltrator, but might still use it for another class. ( Note: I haven't got a lot of interest in the Laser Sight so that doesn't need to be a factor )
2. T7 Mini Chaingun. Is it still good / useful in these times?
3. Rocket launchers. What rocket launcher would you recommend for all-around use?
4. Pistols / secondary. What pistol would you recommend for all-around use, medium to close range.
5. Is the Needler (mosquito). Is it a good AA weapon or should I stick to the primary?
6. Mosquito: primary or secondary? If I come face to face with a hostile fighter and I have equipped the default weapon and the A2G rocket pods, what would be better firing; the gun or the rockets?
7. Camo questions. If I buy a camo for infantry does it go for all my classes, the same question goes to the vehicle camo. And also which camo would you recommend for each continent?
8. Tank weapons. Any suggested weapons for the ground vehicles?

Well that should be all for now, it's a lot I know but a single answer helps. Thanks.
Old 2013-05-23, 10:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
MSKGrim
Private

Re: Some small questions

I'm kind of new so my opinion might not mean much but for number 3 I have been thinking of using the air lock on rocket launcher since it's easier for me to hit ground targets without lock-on than air, and it still has good damage and is able to be shot without lock-on.
Old 2013-05-23, 12:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Canaris
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Sarloh View Post

1. The Armistice or the Hailstorm? My main need for an SMG is for an Infiltrator, but might still use it for another class. ( Note: I haven't got a lot of interest in the Laser Sight so that doesn't need to be a factor )
3. Rocket launchers. What rocket launcher would you recommend for all-around use?
4. Pistols / secondary. What pistol would you recommend for all-around use, medium to close range.
5. Is the Needler (mosquito). Is it a good AA weapon or should I stick to the primary?
6. Mosquito: primary or secondary? If I come face to face with a hostile fighter and I have equipped the default weapon and the A2G rocket pods, what would be better firing; the gun or the rockets?
7. Camo questions. If I buy a camo for infantry does it go for all my classes, the same question goes to the vehicle camo. And also which camo would you recommend for each continent?

Well that should be all for now, it's a lot I know but a single answer helps. Thanks.
1: Hailstorm feels like a direct upgrade from the arm, more 60 round drum mag = win
2: Yes the T7 can be good in certain situations, the dev's said awhile ago that they are planning on removing the spin up time and replace it with instant shooting but the ROF will increase as you use it, there is a trick to using the T7 atm I'm sure some TR in game will show you if you ask nicely
3: For rocket launchers get the striker as your lock on killer & the Decimator for close encounters, they're a TR best friend. F the Annilator, Skep & Grounder now tbh.
4: This is pretty much personal preference but what I use is the Repeater on my infil with the sniper rifles if I have to get close and pretty much the Emperor semi-auto on everyone else for the accuracy, I don't own the Commish or Underboss but from what I've seen of the Commish it's a beast, just not enough bullets for TR like me DAKKA!.
5: I don't fly much but I use the AA chain gun for aircraft & rocketpods for the ground
6: Same as 4
7: You need to buy the 500sc camo's in order to get them for all your classes the single use ones are of course single, works only for 1 class
8: Again this one depends on how you play vehicles and what's going on, I purchased a bunch of them and let the situation dictate what I bring out, just don't skimp on the secondaries they can be very handy for turning your prowler into a multi-use tank.
I like to have Heat rounds as prime & AA defense for secondary, though I do swap that out for the Vulcan if there's lots of ground vehicles about. Tankers I know also like the Halberd AV gun as it has nice range and does good damage even vs infantry if you hit them with a straight shot.

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms

Last edited by Canaris; 2013-05-23 at 12:05 PM.
Old 2013-05-23, 01:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Sarloh
Corporal

Well that pretty much cleans it up for me at the moment.

Thank you good sir!
Old 2013-05-24, 01:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Falcon_br
Captain

Originally Posted by Sarloh View Post

1 - the armistice got a 12% better ROF, but it got half the ammo and a longer reload time! If your plain is to appear, kill one single target and vanish, the armistice is your weapon, for all other situations, the hailstorm is much better!

2- No dude, the T7 is just cool to use, but it had been nerfed into the oblivion, you can still kill with it, it still fire bullets, but you can no longer fire from the hip, you can no longer fire while moving, and even crouched and stationary, you can no longer kill longe range targets with it! Check my status if you want I was using the t7 since beta, and now I can no longer use it because it is no even close of what it was in the beginning.

3 - Decimators for bio labs, very close encounters, striker for all the other situations, but be aware, the Decimators will only increase your damage from 1700 to 2000, it is not much if you do the math, most vehicles will die in the same number is rockets, get the striker first, stay using the default rocket launcher until you got spare certs for that.

4- I just own the tx-1 and the tx-2, I do got more kills with the tx-2, but it is because I have more load outs with it, the tx-1 is the best pistol in the game to do what it is supposed to do, finish an enemy your standard magazine could not, just spray those 21 bullets and hope for a kill! The tx-2 does got more damage, but the lower RoF will never make it better, I just use it with shotguns and the enemy is at long range, so I have a way to defend myself, most of the times, I die.

5- The needler is the default weapon of the mosquito! So no one understood your question, so I will give you a few brief of the primary weapons:
Needler: all purpose, I used it on the first days of the game and I could shot down some ESF with then and get some infantry kill, I was good with it, but...
I got the rotary, it is so much easier to hit your enemy on the air with it, of course it it less precise, but the RoF is so much higher that you can kill stationary target much faster, and on dodge fights, you will hit less then 10% of your bullets, but you will manage to shot down your enemy! After I got it, I have no idea how I managed to kill ESF with the needler! It takes several bullets to destroy a base turret, like 400, it sucks against armor, but you can still kill stationary infantry with it, or use some bullets with to to finish off bad damage targets so you can save some rocket pods.
The banshee is the ground attack weapon for the primary slot of the mosquito, it is nice to kill infantry, it have splash damage and the direct hit damage it nice, I think you can kill a max if one single mag if you hit all bullets, what is not going to happen on the battlefield, but it is good combined with rocket pods to kill those pests anti air maxes that are not targeting you.
The default loudout of 95% of ESF are rotary in the front for air combat and rocket pods to kill ground targets, a pure build, like rotary and a2a missiles will probably give you no kill, because sometimes you won't find enemy ESF to engage and won't be able to engage the ground forces, it is the same with banshee and rocket pods, you will go to farm infantry just to spot one enemy ESF that you can't deal with it! Of course, no one uses banshees and a2a missile because it does much worst of what a rotary and rocket pods can do, since they nerfed the a2a missiles long ago. I did used the rotary and a2a a lot on the first months, now the a2a is useless.

6- If your enemy is stationary, or is a big target (galaxy), start with rocket pods, as soon as you released all rockets, switch to your rotary and finish it off, you can spend 3 mags of rotary while your rocket pods reload, if it is a galaxy or a landed target, switch back to the rocket pods and send more 16 rockets on it, switch back to the rotary, repeat until the enemy is dead, on dodge fights rocket pods is hard to hit, but sometimes when you and the enemy are advancing front to front, the rocket pods will kill him faster then the rotary, and you can disengage after your rocket were fired, finishing of with the rotary if needed.

7- camuflage is a long description of each, but here are my choices:
Giraffe for north of Indar, dry florest to southeast, florest scrub to southwest.
Rocky tundra for Esamir, but I do think the pure white Esamir camuflage is better, I just never saw it on sale to get it, the urban camuflage is good for Esamir bases.
Amerish, some people like the florest scrub, most people say the African florest it better, I have both, I do think my sunderer is harder to be detected from the air when I am using the florest scrub, but the African florest camo is much more cool to use.
With maxes I use the alpha squad or circuit camo, because it doesn't make sense to camuflage your anti infantry max if you are going to engage on very close range, but I do camuflage my anti air maxes, so the enemy ESF will be a lot closer to men when I unleash hell on then, with extended max and anchored mode.
For night time I would recommend the digital camuflage or the loyal camuflage if you got it.
There is no longer single use camuflage, they were removed from the game, and I never recommended it, but it was much more cheaper then the standard one.
My recommendation is, log in the game every day, check the item of the day, and if it is a camuflage for a situation you still don't have, get it, you can't be pick if you want to buy with discount, also, most of the bundles come with one camuflage, I also think next week will be a florest camuflage bundle, check the depot for bundles, not all of them are on the depot start page, but be aware that some of then are on full price, it is a server bug, if the price doesn't have a discount on it, don't buy, wait one day or more for it, or just don't buy at all.
Weapon camuflage is for your weapon, most people say it is useless, but I get it sometimes, but it is the camuflage I have less options to choose.
Armor camuflage if for your soldier, what made lots of confusions in my head, lots of times I got it, thinking it was for my tank, but it wasn't! It is the one I much more.
Vehicle camuflage it is for all your vehicles, from the flash to the galaxy. I got more vehicles camuflage then the others because I got more bundles for my vehicles then for my infantrymen, not because I wanted, only because it happended.

8- Dude, I need to sleep, but since last patch, AP turret is a must have for all tank to tank battles, for all other situations the HEAT will do fine, the HE was nerfed into oblivion, but it doesn't have it uses, like defending inside a amp station while the generators are still up and you will certainly only engage infantry, for that I use HE and the m525.
The most versatile build would be HEAT + halbert, but my builds are:
1 - HE + 525m, built described previous.
2 - AP + Vulcan or halbert, my gunners prefer the halbert, but the Vulcan is so much bad ass, and in close combat your tank will win, because of the much higher dps it got, also good gunners kill everything with it, from light assaults with c4 to enemy ESF rocket podding you, but most of then claims they would do the same with the halbert.
3 - Heat + G 30 walker, this is when I have no intel on the enemy forces, so I will probe then, if I find light vehicles and infantry I can kill then, may some tanks if I am luck, because there can enemy ESF and I am without suppor, I bring the g 30 walker with me, some gunners do kill infantry with it a lot, but you must know that you must keep your tank inclinated to your gunner can engage infantry, to he can hit those one on the hill firing rockets on you, there is also the g 40, but most of my outfit members complain when I equip the g40 on my tank or sunderer, the g30 is much more effective on the hand of good gunners, the g40 are for bad gunners that can't predict the ESF movement and just spray and try to scare him, it is almost I possible to kill an ESF with the g 40, what is it possible to do with the g 30 if the enemy don't disengage fast.

I think it is all, but I hope someone save this thread for future reference, because no way I will give another class of planetside 2 101 here again.

In planetside since the close beta of the first game!
Outfit Brasileira de Planetside 2

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions