sabr-13 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Donate $1 to PSU to buy Squeeky a new video card.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions

Old 2013-05-23, 11:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
TharGuy
Private

sabr-13

not such a new player, but i still got a question.
its pretty simple. should i buy the weapon or not?
every single of my friends who bought the weapon recommended it to me. but it shoots only in 2x-boosts. through that it has a high accuracy, but is the fire reate high enough to compete with other assault rifles? and is it worth 1000 certs?

id be really thankful if you guys out there could help me out

P.S. sorry for my bad english
TharGuy
Old 2013-05-23, 08:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Falcon_br
Captain

Re: sabr-13

No, you should not, I am serious.
After the GU 09 update, now you can land both shots on your target, but...
With the recovery time, the adjust time, lots of times, you will kill faster with full auto rifles!
For close quarters I suggest a shotgun or the cycler TRV.
For medium to close range I suggest the ns11 with soft point ammo, foregrip and compensator.
Spray and pray is the TR way of engagement, getting a 2 shot rifle will force you to learn new engagement tecnics that can't be used by any other class.
Almost all medics I know uses the ns11 or the cycler, I do have the sabs-11 with all good attachments, I can't kill with it. I got more kills with the bolt action close range sniper rifle that everyone hates.

In planetside since the close beta of the first game!
Outfit Brasileira de Planetside 2
Old 2013-05-30, 02:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
TheAadvark
Corporal

Well from my perspective the Sabr-13 kills faster than any other gun in my medics aresenal. Even faster than the Cycler TRV. No idea why but if you ever played BF3 and played with the AN-94 it's exactly the same and will fire as fast as you can spam your LMB making it have ridiculous RPM for it's stopping power.
Old 2013-05-30, 02:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Well it only takes two bursts to the head to kill someone, so if you can aim with it it's going to down enemies fast.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-05-30, 03:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Koadster
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by TheAadvark View Post
Well from my perspective the Sabr-13 kills faster than any other gun in my medics aresenal. Even faster than the Cycler TRV. No idea why but if you ever played BF3 and played with the AN-94 it's exactly the same and will fire as fast as you can spam your LMB making it have ridiculous RPM for it's stopping power.
Sabr doesnt land both shots on the same spot while shooting those 2 rounds at the same time. Also the sabr doesnt have 1200RPM :P

But really its a bad design choice. High ROF faction gets a 2 shot weapon because of 'ammo conservation' .... Nice continuity there design team. Sabr should be full auto.

MuNrOe : Eat a Dick sandwich TR

Last edited by Koadster; 2013-05-30 at 03:09 AM.
Old 2013-05-30, 04:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
TheAadvark
Corporal

Originally Posted by Koadster View Post
Sabr doesnt land both shots on the same spot while shooting those 2 rounds at the same time. Also the sabr doesnt have 1200RPM :P

But really its a bad design choice. High ROF faction gets a 2 shot weapon because of 'ammo conservation' .... Nice continuity there design team. Sabr should be full auto.
Well it doesn't have the RPM but what I meant when I said that is that for it having more stopping power than most of our other guns , it's speed when you spam the LMB is good .

All I aim for are chest shots and I still drop people insanely quick. I'll make a video when i get back.

Last edited by TheAadvark; 2013-05-30 at 04:48 AM.
Old 2013-05-31, 01:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Falcon_br
Captain

Originally Posted by Koadster View Post

In GU 09 the SABS-13 got a recoil buff, now the first shot multiplier is the lowest in the game, with 0.75!
Now you can land both shots on your target on medium range, before the GU-09 it was impossible, unless you were on melee range.
I still try to use it sometimes, because the cycler TRV got nerfed really bad for long ranges, but I still prefer the ns-11 for most situations, on bio lab I still use the cycler, someone told me I should use the hailstorm on close range, they are wrong, the cycler got one of the highest DPS of the game! 20% more then the hailstorm! The only downside is the first shot muliplayer, but you can spray with it and have luck!

In planetside since the close beta of the first game!
Outfit Brasileira de Planetside 2

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions