Empire specfic sniper rifles? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Home of: Original Chainsaw Knife.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-06-10, 02:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
aiwest420
Sergeant Major

bolt driver is perfect, no need for empire specific sniper rifles
Old 2003-06-10, 02:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Hellsfire123
Contributor
Captain

By tr sniper, you really mean either the repeater or the cycler right?

By VS you mean the Lancer?

By NC you mean the scattercannon?

Seriously though, TR should have an semi automatic rifle, much like a PSG-1. NC could be a bolt driver that does the same hp damage, but significantly more armor damage. VS could be a 3 shot, slightly more accurate version of the lancer.
Old 2003-06-10, 02:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Contributor
Banned for no reason

Misc Info

Originally posted by MilitantB0B
IMHO, the bolt driver is one of the only things in the game that is almost perfectly balanced. If it aint broke, don't fix it.
exatly waht i was thinking. THe sniper rifles are fine. Lets focus on fixing the broke stuff rather than tinkering with the not-broke stuff.

Old 2003-06-10, 02:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Seer
Major

All kidding aside, I think the bolt drive is all the 'super long range weapon' anyone would every need. It would have been easy to mess up balancing the sniper rifle, and we shouldn't give them a second chance to screw up since, as others have pointed out, they got it right the first time.
Old 2003-06-11, 12:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Darksim
Sergeant Major

I use..

FOOLS! the lancer with zoom implant owns,i got my 4 shots off before the boltdriver can kill me with 2 :P!

Lancer needs plasma burn!

oh and i snipe harassers and they send me angry tells!
Old 2003-06-11, 12:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
NeoTassadar
Lieutenant Colonel

Since VS weapons are usually different from the standards of that class set by the other two empires, how about VS sniper rifle that merely disables the target for a few seconds? Lock weapons on anything for five seconds. Add paralysis on MAXs and extreme slowdown for ground vehicles (engine shutdown for air) for same duration.
Old 2003-06-11, 01:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
TheRegurgitator
Major

Re: I use..

Originally posted by Darksim
oh and i snipe harassers and they send me angry tells!
lol
Old 2003-06-11, 01:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
CDaws
Second Lieutenant

I sniped a bit while they had the BR 10 set during beta and I lone wolfed for a while, I loved it. I haven't touched sniping since then untill tonight. I'm not the best sniper by far in any game, I prefer to get up in someones face and blow them away but, tonight was a different story.

I picked up sniping again tonight and I was just into BR 11 not even a scratch on filling up the first block. I got started after finding a great spot on a cliff beside a rock I was taking my time and in a few hours I had a block and a half filled with just snipershots

I admit it does take much longer to rack up points sniping but, if you have a great location and move to a different one every 20 min or so and keep hidden it is a rush. The best thing about sniping, it is a great demoralizer to other players and keeps them paranoid so that they aren't as effective as they would like to be.

I know I'm the same way if I'm being shot at not knowing where the shots are comming from and just seeing my allies drop dead next to me with out any enemies near by.

Bring back the glory to psychological warfare.

On the topic, the boltdriver is IMHO the most balanced of all the weapons and does not need to be changed. On the Empire specific sniper rifles, I don't really think there needs to be any but, who knows? Only time will tell.

Last edited by CDaws; 2003-06-11 at 01:53 AM.
Old 2003-06-11, 07:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
JakeLogan
Major

Well what I said I should have added that this is what I think they should do IF they ever decide too. But it shouldn't be done till everything is balanced.
Old 2003-06-11, 08:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Contributor
Banned for no reason

Misc Info

Originally posted by NeoTassadar
Since VS weapons are usually different from the standards of that class set by the other two empires, how about VS sniper rifle that merely disables the target for a few seconds? Lock weapons on anything for five seconds. Add paralysis on MAXs and extreme slowdown for ground vehicles (engine shutdown for air) for same duration.
Now engine shutdown for air, NO WAY. Maybe a reduction in speed but defeiently no engine shtodwn. And i can jsut see a whole squad of these guy on top of a hill along wiht another squad owning an antire base.

Old 2003-06-11, 12:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
NeoTassadar
Lieutenant Colonel

How about just reseting the throttle to zero? They can immediately put it back up, but it will give the effect I'm looking for here.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion