News: Planetside 2 at SyndCon new information revealed - Page 7 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Dude, where's my life?!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-08-16, 05:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #91
opticalshadow
First Sergeant

Re: Planetside 2 at SyndCon new information revealed

Originally Posted by Quovatis View Post
It will get old fast, though. As was pointed out, even a huge continent like Cyssor gets old after a while, especially if that's all we have for the first 3-6 months after release.
they might give beta just the one cont to work out the bugs that all landmass would share (steel turnips, rock formations that make it impossible to get out of) and once beta ends they can patch up the others and get a few more off.

atleast thats my hope. either that or we get an NA or EU sized cont (going of the basis that ps1's largest was smaller then AU)
Old 2011-08-16, 08:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #92
kaffis
Contributor
Major

When it comes to the cash shop "maybe" selling guns (that will be available in-game for no money), I imagine that it *might* shake out like this:

You can buy a cert for a limited time/1 life, etc. But you still have to pay in-game resources in whatever the normal way is (to upgrade it, whatever).

But this way, if your outfit decides to run an "All Prowler Night!!!" when they normally fly Reavers, some of the guys just toss $2 in the store, and you guys get to drive prowlers for an hour for a nice change of pace.

I wouldn't consider that "selling power," because it's not like prowlers are hard to get, and it's not like you can base an entire character off of constantly throwing money at the game.
Old 2011-08-16, 09:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #93
Sirisian
Colonel

Originally Posted by kaffis View Post
stuff
I hate to be the guy to say "read everything in the information thread before posting", but it saves a lot of time. The money shop is cosmetic only.
Old 2011-08-16, 09:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #94
Zulthus
Colonel

Originally Posted by Sirisian View Post
I hate to be the guy to say "read everything in the information thread before posting", but it saves a lot of time. The money shop is cosmetic only.
I also hate to be the guy that says "read everything before you post", but SOE said they might end up selling guns in the cash shop that you can normally get in the game. Which I am totally against, by the way.
Old 2011-08-16, 09:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #95
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
I also hate to be the guy that says "read everything before you post", but SOE said they might end up selling guns in the cash shop that you can normally get in the game. Which I am totally against, by the way.
But he could have just meant skins. It's way too early to freak out about this.
Old 2011-08-16, 09:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #96
Sirisian
Colonel

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
oh I read that totally different the first time.
At FanFaire 2011, Smed had alluded to a cash shop, and he did the same here at SyndCon, reassuring the audience that they would not be selling power. If a weapon can be bought in the cash store, he was quick to assure us that it would be attainable in the game as well. Definitely though, one of the things that will be sold would be customization.
I thought he was just alluding to custom skins. Reading it again I see what you mean. Actually buying a gun a player doesn't have access to. Interesting.

// edit bags beat me to it. Anyway does this mean Smed lied?

Last edited by Sirisian; 2011-08-16 at 09:47 PM.
Old 2011-08-16, 10:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #97
Hamma
PSU Admin

Originally Posted by NapalmEnima View Post
Quite a few gaming news sources are picking up/rehashing the FPSGuru article. Little or nothing in the way of additional commentary.
Yea and they are all picking out different things from the article to make their headlines.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion